Photo

What do you know about the financial world?

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#241 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,601 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:22 PM

Thank you Queenbee. But I was merely trying to show there's nothing going on here. Just carry on. Tutto bene. No need to read this article: http://www.marketwat...ew&link=sfmw_tw

It's not worse than 1929. Move along. Nothing to see here.MW-DT586_arends_20150902140643_ZH.jpg?uu

Lo

#242 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,601 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

@WSJCentralBanks
 Volgen
Meer

Trump to nominate Goldman banker to No. 2 post at Treasury

https://www.wsj.com/...1585?mod=e2twcb

Lo

#243 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,601 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

It's really happening now:

In my country today:

http://www.rtlz.nl/f...naar-00-procent

and worse, in Switzerland today:

https://www.bloomber...eding-1-million

Starting in May, the world’s largest wealth manager will introduce an annual fee of 0.6 percent on accounts with cash holdings exceeding 1 million euros ($1.08 million), the bank told clients in a letter seen by Bloomberg. UBS confirmed the content.

Lo

#244 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,601 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

when the people rise up with pitchforks and torches

$

$$

$$$$

$$$$$$

I'm not sure how the forks will work against this one: https://t.co/GTxn1aGylE

Lo

#245 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

Well that reminds me of the scoops in "Soylent Green"

Maybe that is what Trump meant when he said he will send in the feds to Chicago. FYI most of Chicago is not as violent as the media portrays it. Lots of black on black crime fighting over turf or simply having looked the wrong way at someone. Robert DeNiro said it best in Taxi Driver "You looking at me?"

#246 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,601 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

In reality, there's nothing going on. Trust me, Queenbee. It's all fine.

C8GyxEVVMAAM7MA.jpg

Lo

#247 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,024 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

It is doing fine. It is just the economy resonating on a longer period. No need to worry each night when the sun goes down, there are more days ahead (provided you don't die in the night).

#248 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,601 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

when the sun goes down

Yeah. That's right. It's just that the sun is now down for the next 7-10 years, that's all... if you can simply resonate those years, it's all perfect. There are days ahead in 2025 for sure. Trump will be gone. And especially for the Brexiteers there is 2025 still. I'm afraid there won't be much until then though so if you want to take precautions, then now is the time...

Lo

#249 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,024 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

According to your graph it took 3 years to reach the low after 2000, and 2 years the next time. So 7-10 years of night is wildly overstating. If the pattern recurs - starting with a crash tomorrow, and you were economically happy in 2013, you will probably also be economically happy in 2019 (even more so if you are psychologically swayed by looking at patterns - which almost immediately will inform you that things are on the way up)

#250 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Members
  • 851 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

With digital money I cannot imagine another crash. A correction yes, but not a crash. The only thing that can send it in a downward spiral is if another failout is needed or nuclear war. Steve Bannon it is believed (by some Washington insiders) sees the end game being the US v China for all the marbles. If that happens then all bets are off. We will then be living in a post apocalyptic world. Russia I am sure would love this outcome.

I think Trump is more likely to attack N Korea and that will create chaos in the markets as well. NK will light up Seoul with everything they have and although we will win, what will happen in the first 24-48 hours will cause a massive amount of deaths.

#251 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,601 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:46 AM

That's it exactly! Have been predicting this for many years. For timeperiod 2018-2020 an enormous cycle comes to an end (which in macro demographics means the US loses its hegemony, ever falling down since the '70's). So you have this 7-year-itch, which also applies for marriages, so bear with if you're up for your 7th or 14th anniversary, Theo, but you've also big worldcycles, going back to Holland in the 16th century even.

Anyhow, I evaluated last US elections quite differently from Queenbee. She was depressed, I was actually wonderous how the long time prediction was paying out. What better President than Trump to make America small again? With Clinton we would've seen a lot of the same stalling we've seen for many years now. With Trump we're seeing he's turning the US in a Communist country, sealing itself off from global trade, while the last dozen Presidents have made the US SO dependable on the world, with in fact today new debt records. Now the establishment doesn't want any of the Trumpeteers either, so Yellen immediately starts raising rates, nailing Trump down. It's a war inside the US and Trump will destroy the country for his ego's sake. It was bound to happen one day, but the pace right now is enormous; it's Twitter-speed ;).

So for the short term, the downwards spiral is inevitable anyhow. We'll land in 2018-2020 is what I've always said, but now we have Trump, I'd say that to be rather sooner then later. The one low is lower than the other low though. We're just as Zimbabwian as in the '30's so we might see another Theodor Roosevelt bailing in on a major scale. For instance, it wasn't allowed to hold a bar of gold. You had to exchange it for dollars, otherwise you'd land in prison. Then over 1 weekend, when he had all gold of the US citizens in Fort Knox, Roosevelt proclaimed gold to be worth 5 times as much (or the dollar thus what lower compared to gold). 

So forget about your bars, Theo. Best to buy some souvereigns. They're gold, but also ancient coins, and as you're a collector, you do get to hold onto that! Or if you are an optician, you could make the laces of gold, and then you just say it are just fancy glasses. No May will come and collect your golden glasses! So that would be my tip for 2018 for you.

Lo

#252 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,601 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 6 days ago

There's nothing to see here. Move along.

One million seconds ago =11 days ago. One billion seconds ago =1982. One trillion seconds ago =30,000 BC. http://www.oftwominds.com/blogmay17/interest5-17.html 

US National Debt: 20 trillion $

US-debt1-17.png

Lo

#253 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Members
  • 851 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted A day ago

How about we just keep adding zeros to the debt and subtracting zeros from our income? Problem solved.

Average Joe today earns 50,000-0=5,000

Billionaire Bob earns 1,000,000,000-0=100,000,000 Poor billionaire only has a hundred million. Average Joe thinks if Trump lowers his taxes he too will become wealthy. Oh sorry doesn't work that way.

Average house in the US 1970 was 15,000 to 20,000 and after all the flipping and reckless lending and inflation that 20,000 house is worth 200,000 in today's world. When in fact the house is still worth 20k and average Joe still makes 5,000.

In the meantime Trump is offering tax cuts to the top 1% and say it is from 10% to 5%. Let's imagine that the government gives Joe the same, cutting his taxes from 5,000 to 2,500. He is still working for 50,000 and give him a take break of 2,500, but due to inflation all he really gets is 250.00 and 2500 saved in the bank give you a windfall investment return of 25.00/year or 2500.00 pays for a new 60" TV.  The billionaire gets the same 5% tax break and gets back 50,000,000. What will the billionaire do? That will allow him to build a new factory in China or Mexico, but doesn't create new jobs in America. Or he can put that money in the stock market and bonds inflating the markets even more. You see the only thing "trickling down" is the pee in Joe's pants. In the meantime, the government cannot balance the budget and borrows more money creating more inflation.

I am sure some economic student will tear this apart, but I didn't go to college to learn economics. I majored in psychology and IMO most of those who voted for Trump are out of touch with reality. They just believe that Hillary was a worse choice when in fact Trump was the worst possible choice. I'd rather have Fairway as POTUS rather than Trump. He is twice as mature as Trump is. Trump is a man/child who surrounded himself with like minded people who have no business running this country. The generals are like carpenters who see all problems like a nail and the tool they have is a hammer. So let's go to war to solve all the world's problems. Wars can be won, but what about after? Iraq, Syria, Libya not working? Blame the Russians. Trump is beholding to the Russian oligarchs.

As Anderson Cooper said to a Trump spokesman the other day. "If Trump took a dump on his desk you would defend him."

I would also share this interview the aired a few night ago on Fresh Air. A program on NPR. 

Churchill, Orwell And The Fight Against Totalitarianism

Tom Ricks is a former Pentagon correspondent for The Washington Post. He's written five books about the military and America's wars. His best-seller about the Iraq War, titled "Fiasco," kind of became the title of the war itself. Now Ricks writes the blog The Best Defense for Foreign Policy magazine. (I am hiding this in my post @Loaded Diaper just STFU. This quote is for you and all your aliases) "Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt. Well you have certainly removed all doubt in my mind.

In the interview Ricks: "General Flynn, I think, rose to levels above his level of competence, is a very naive man, not well-informed about the world despite being an intelligence officer. And I wasn't surprised to see him flame out very quickly." This guy was sitting with Flynn when the new came in and has not seen him since.

RICKS: "In a general way, I do know how Flynn wound up at the White House, which is that Donald Trump is a profoundly ignorant man. And the people around him are equally ignorant. He doesn't trust anybody. He doesn't know a lot about Washington. He knows almost nothing about the U.S. government and, in fact, appears not to understand the U.S. Constitution. And so people who would kind of drift across his attention would wind up working for him.

In regard to Trump "I think he gets most of his information from television and from conversation. And I think he's very good at acquiring information from conversation, like a lot of people who are not really literate. He listens well. He hears well. And he remembers well. And so you see, disproportionately, he's inclined to hire people who've appeared on Fox News, which is a very small and dangerous segment of American society."

He continues to bash Fox News "I think there's a special place in hell for Roger Ailes, for Sean Hannity and for Bill O'Reilly. I think they introduced a feeling of thuggishness into American discourse. And ultimately, I blame that on Rupert Murdoch, who I think has done more to poison American political life than any single person since Jefferson Davis."

Fox news is a virus on the American intellect. It has been proven that people who watch are less or ill informed than others.

Edited by queenbee1, A day ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users