Photo

What do you know about the financial world?

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#181 queenbee1

queenbee1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted A week ago

I wanted to put in there that the US is finished. The reason I don't think we are finished is because of the MIC. Now granted the cost of maintaining it may result in default to the SS Trust fund, but the MIC comes first. Medicare slashes coming to a doctor's office and hospitals near us all soon. The third rail in politics will not withstand a Trump presidency. The so called Soup Kitchens are already maxed out as are the Food Banks for the poor. Healthcare? Well you can expect the state houses that are nearly all Republican controlled will cut Medicaid. There would have to be a massive building boom in the US to hold all Baby Boomers as they age. Expect more suicides and potentially a loosening of the laws on doctor assisted suicide. Expect more homelessness as no one cares about them. FEMA Trailer cities is my expectation.

I charged the wording to make more sense. I think we will use the military to do whatever is needed to maintain superiority. Even if that means starting a war with Russia and bring Europe back into our fight as the battlefield. We now have two psychopaths running the government in Russia and the US.

I hate to say it, but I think Putin has more self control. We could also destroy Iran further unbalancing the region.

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

#182 Lonello

Lonello

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,370 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted A week ago

Oh, I thought MIC had to do with the Medical stuff we and Bernie were talking about. That was all on the news: repealing Obamacare. I guess you were paining a relation with the Military. Not sure where that comes in.

I think we will use the military to do whatever is needed to maintain superiority. Even if that means starting a war with Russia and bring Europe back into our fight as the battlefield.

You're getting no points for The Award here, Queenbee -_-  <_<  :unsure:  :blink:

Lo

#183 Lonello

Lonello

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,370 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted A week ago

C1q8qd1UsAArliC.jpg

https://youtu.be/oZ9p_QdR1Uw

hqdefault.jpg

Lo

#184 queenbee1

queenbee1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted A week ago

Eisenhower warned us in his final speech that threat that the Military Industrial Complex posed as he was leaving office. They have insidiously spread it out over all states and congressional districts when possible to control Congress. A vote against the military is a vote against America.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."

Military-Industrial Complex Speech, Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

#185 Lonello

Lonello

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,370 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 6 days ago

The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists

Did he have a cristal bowl as well or something? This reads "Trump" all over it.

Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing 

Still think we have nothing to worry about then, Queenbee? This is just laughable. Alert and knowledgeable citizens? They live in a world of fact-free politics, Queenbee. They want the 1% out, so they elect The Pure One Percent President who picks all Onepercenters for his cabinet. 

Anyhow, this all concludes in my graphs, don't you see? Things are spiraling out of control. We'll see a hotheaded President soon, and every day he might get mad and push the nuclear buttons. There'll be not one day without big upset.

Who can stop him? Nobody. Impeachment takes longer than the few seconds he needs for the button. At least that was something Clinton was right about.

We can only hope Meryl Streep (The Devil Wears Prada) can keep him occupied for a bit longer.

Lo

#186 queenbee1

queenbee1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 5 days ago

Lonello you are right. We are finished as a country. The Chinese have been outplaying us for decades. I love the quote from a TV show and I have probably used it before. The Chinese Ambassador is talking to the Sec of State. "Madam Secretary we won't come for you with armies and bombs. We will simply repossess you."

I think that says it all. Trump will destroy the earth because we have not given a man-child the keys to our nuclear arsenal. American are not all dumb, but we got a the man we deserve. They will probably weaken the judicial branch even further and call for marshal law before the next election. That will preclude the need for one and Trump's children will carry on as a dictatorship.

#187 Lonello

Lonello

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,370 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 5 days ago

That may happen, but it may also happen what I said last year: that the Pences are all over this, in the hopes to get rid of Trump. Thanking him for getting the Republicans in power, but now taking over. McCain pushed up front to do the dirty Impeachment work, so Pence can take over. Either way Obama's legacy will go down the drain.

Story today with Trump being Putin's puppet as he is being blackmailed with his financial and sexual escapades in a.w. Moscow proves the Republicans are already really tired of Trump, while he is not even in office yet! They can hardly hide the effort that is being set up to start impeaching him the second he's in the White House.

It was said a year ago people would finally be tired of Trump and he wouldn't last this long. Well, he did last for as long as this, but how long can the American public endure this Clown, really? All what comes out is lies. That can't continue forever, can it? He's surrounding himself with the likes of him in some kind of Nepotism, and is breaking campaign promises on a grand scale. 

So hopes are up, Queenbee, he won't make it to that marshal law. Long before that people will have grown so tired, he's long impeached. With the left wing of the Republicans doing the dirty work, it's all free land for the Pences to take over. They do not like Trump's liberal ideas anyhow so will say good riddance behind the scenes. 

That's what I'm guessing at least, taking 1 point from you in the EO Award... but what do you hear over there from your friends and family that all voted Trump? They still believe anything he tweets? Or are they going towards a Pence for President as well?

Lo

#188 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,012 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 5 days ago

That will preclude the need for one and Trump's children will carry on as a dictatorship.

:D  :P  :lol:

This got me laughing!  :lol:

(You are joking, right..?)

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#189 queenbee1

queenbee1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 5 days ago

That's what I'm guessing at least, taking 1 point from you in the EO Award... but what do you hear over there from your friends and family that all voted Trump? They still believe anything he tweets? Or are they going towards a Pence for President as well?

What am I hearing? Crickets. 

Pay no attention to my previous comment. I was just feeding the machine.

The banks are at it again and although I knew it I was happier in denial. I had continuously reported my neighbor for not taking care of the lawn. He moved in a year ago and stopped paying his mortgage in June. Yesterday they came to serve him an eviction notice, but conveniently he is only there in the evenings and on weekends. Once again we stand of the precipice of moral hazard. My guess is he secured a 130% LTV mortgage and paid his first six month with the banks money and bought a new car. The server said that he is the least delinquent. Maybe we are about to have another financial implosion and this time there will be no money left for a bailout.

I really thought they would stop giving "breathers" a mortgage, but apparently not. My sister moved to NC when she went broke the last time and now she is at it again. Buying fixer uppers, living in them and then flipping them. She has a good paying job this time so when the music stops she can rent again, but in 2010 she was dead broke and short sold her house. Within 3 years the banks gave her more money to buy another home. She has since flipped it and is into another one.

#190 queenbee1

queenbee1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 5 days ago

Lo and others I am not joking. People and I am talking good honest hard working people are getting scared. Many plan to retired in the next 2-3 years in my social circle. They won't have enough if they cannot sell their homes.

Edited by queenbee1, 5 days ago.

#191 queenbee1

queenbee1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 3 days ago

I on the other hand (when I am feeling my normal optimism) believe that we will stumble along and everything will be fine. Donald Trump will not have a temper tantrum and nuke Iran or NK. The Fed will just add more zero to its spreadsheet and take on all the big banks bad debt. if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. The debtors of all countries will live poorer lives. The rich will be richer as they are diversified. Wall Street will not go under and the too big to fails will never fail. So don't worry, be happy. It's better than the alternative.

#192 Lonello

Lonello

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,370 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 2 days ago

we will stumble along and everything will be fine. Donald Trump will not have a temper tantrum and nuke Iran or NK. The Fed will just add more zero to its spreadsheet and take on all the big banks bad debt

I'm feeling another alert coming up ;)

Nothing%2BTo%2BSee%2BHere%2B-%2BKeep%2BW

Just can't happen, Queenbee. Graphs don't lie. Obama postponed everything, but it's now out of control.... there's no 'adding zero's to eternity'. Even the best Eternal Optimist can't make that happen, Queenbee.

Lo

#193 queenbee1

queenbee1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted A day ago

Well there are three option. Economic collapse. Stumble along sweeping debt under the table forever or an asteroid hits the earth. I am banking on number 2.

#194 Lonello

Lonello

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,370 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted A day ago

Then explain me what will happen with this graph then, Queenbee? Do the graphs simply turn to the normal standards of the last 800 years?

Global bond mkts have lost $259bn in value this week as fresh research piece from Havard sees biggest bond market bubble in 800 year history

C1jqqkxXgAEuuJi.jpg

Now to zoom out. Nasdaq. Back to 500 I presume?

Cs50EjsUIAAxopH.jpg

And this one, Queenbee? How will you bring it back to the flatline of 2008? Eat up all those QE's, QuEenbee?

How can you argue things have no repercussions?

KWN-Turk-I-812016.jpg

"... many financial commentators have warned that current monetary policy has inflated a bubble that will one day violently pop." It's just betting now on the precise manner in which a chaotic unwinding of quantitative easing will play out through financial markets. 

Lo

#195 queenbee1

queenbee1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted A day ago

Just turn it upside down and everything is looking rosy.

#196 Lonello

Lonello

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,370 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 15 hours ago

You never answered my question, Queenbee.

explain me what will happen with this graph then, Queenbee? Do the graphs simply turn to the normal standards of the last 800 years? 

You claim things will simply continue as they go. Well, they can't. It's this kind of graphic:

25sskxu.png

That's bacteria growing exponentially. They do it because once you've got your 2nd bacteria, that one will procreate too. So you go from 2 to 4 to 8, every moment faster. You know the Chess story right? The farmer going to the Persian King, dropping 1 grain on the 1st field, making the bet he'll get all of the grain on field 64 or lose his daughter to the King? Didn't look do bad for how much is 8 grain, 16, 32... still nothing, so the King took the debt. And lost his empire to the farmer.

• queenbee1 likes this
Lo

#197 queenbee1

queenbee1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 4 hours ago

Yes I know the chess story. Maybe we are playing a dangerous game of Jenga. Living in a house of cards. I was so certain I was right in 2007. Then 2008 came and I thought the sky was falling and it was. However, the bankers all met with Paulson and agreed to share the debt and imploded Lehman. The housing market collapsed in 2009, people lost their shirts and we had the great depression, but nothing changed and in 5 years everything was humming again. Those same people or their children are being given loans they cannot pay back. We have over a trillion in student debt that cannot be paid back. Why should I expect it to be different this time?

I don't. The moral hazard line is already broken. We live in a fraudulent world on scams and schemes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users