Ellroy

New Recruit

• Administrators
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

Dear Stratego Player,

After many years of playing together we come to the conclusion that we cannot support Stratego Multiplayer anymore from 1st of January 2021.

As you may know the industry will stop supporting Flash on the web by the end of this year.

The Stratego Multiplayer game is fully reliant on this technology so this has a huge impact. With the Stratego team we have spent a lot of time how to deal with these circumstances and we came to the conclusion that we cannot deliver the quality you as a player and a game like Stratego deserves. 

We will keep supporting the single player version on the App Stores and are investigating other possibilities to play the Stratego two player game online. We will inform you on any future updates on this matter.

Thank your continuing support of the Stratego board game!

(Until 1st of January you can play Stratego Multiplayer by clicking this link: PLAY)

The Stratego Team

#2 Wnehme

Wnehme

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

Why is the multiplayer on app not supported from Jan 2021?
  • 22900VoRselaar and BILL CARSON XII like this

#3 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 4,129 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

[..]

Few questions:

1) Is the mobile/steam app still going to be up? as I believe this is independent from Flash

2) Is there any date/timeline for a new release?

3) What will happen to players' battlecoins?

Thanks.

• 22900VoRselaar and BILL CARSON XII like this

sOoQsuN.png

#4 BILL CARSON XII

BILL CARSON XII

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

Why happened this?if you respect your clients you should solve this issue
  • 22900VoRselaar likes this

#5 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's extremely unfortunate that whoever has been placed in charge of running this game and website doesn't care enough to continue it on past the end of flash.

I'm very disappointed in all of you. 

"Great" end to a "great" year (2020)

• 22900VoRselaar, Verti_GO and BILL CARSON XII like this
2 months until flash goes bye-bye

#6 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 2 weeks ago

I tried looking up the multiplayer version for android and all i found was the single player version.

Is the multiplayer version on steam ? 

• BILL CARSON XII likes this

#7 BILL CARSON XII

BILL CARSON XII

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ellroy shame on you and who ever is responsible for that.you simply don’t love the game you are irresponsible disrespectful and dangerous.we don’t care what you do just fix the problem or quit.shame on all of you.you are the true losers over here.shame on you 🤬
  • Fairway likes this

#8 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 2 weeks ago

Why get mad at ellroy ? isn't he just the messenger in this case ? 

If not, then yes, anger toward him would be justified indeed. 

#9 BILL CARSON XII

BILL CARSON XII

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

Why get mad at ellroy ? isn't he just the messenger in this case ?

If not, then yes, anger toward him would be justified indeed.

I don’t know what position he has but he is definitely a representer so basically it’s the same

#10 Wnehme

Wnehme

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

I still dont get why they let down the app
Keep it until you find a solution and meanwhile more people will use it and you will some money

#11 Verti_GO

Verti_GO

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

Really sad news, although expected :(

#12 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yeah, you might have a point. 

#13 Edmond Dantes 1844

Edmond Dantes 1844

General

• Moderators
  • 2,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

Dear Stratego Player,

After many years of playing together we come to the conclusion that we cannot support Stratego Multiplayer anymore from 1st of January 2021.

As you may know the industry will stop supporting Flash on the web by the end of this year.
The Stratego Multiplayer game is fully reliant on this technology so this has a huge impact. With the Stratego team we have spent a lot of time how to deal with these circumstances and we came to the conclusion that we cannot deliver the quality you as a player and a game like Stratego deserves. 

We will keep supporting the single player version on the App Stores and are investigating other possibilities to play the Stratego two player game online. We will inform you on any future updates on this matter.

(Until 1st of January you can play Stratego Multiplayer by clicking this link: PLAY)
The Stratego Team
[/quote]

That this game site will cease because of some industry change that these guys can't / wont deal with. 

The entire online world will adapt and move on while we wait for a possible alternative. 

How much time and money and developers would it take to make the necessary changes ?

Probably not much. they could do it easily.

Here's hoping it will be updated to html5 and / or whatever other platform(s) are needed. 

Til then, I am godzilla angry. 

Yes...this is really inexcusable and I am sure there will be more fallout along these lines from the loyal Stratego online community.

#14 Aaron5001

Aaron5001

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've hardly ever posted on here but I've been playing Stratego on this site for years, and I'm gonna be really bummed if it truly goes away!  :(

#15 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've hardly ever posted on here but I've been playing Stratego on this site for years, and I'm gonna be really bummed if it truly goes away!  :(

Seems like it is going away, at least for a while, until they rewrite the site to be compatible with non flash browsers. 

#16 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted A week ago

If you decide not to upgrade the website to a new platform, will you at least sell/outsource it to someone who is willing to fix it up and keep it going on a new platform?

It's a really fun game and website, there are some bugs in the current version for sure, but I think with some marketing it could be very popular. It's an interesting game that appeals to strategy, action, reading/bluffing, and memory and I think more gamers would become interested in the game if they understood this.

• 22900VoRselaar and Metal Storm like this

#17 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted A week ago

If you decide not to upgrade the website to a new platform, will you at least sell/outsource it to someone who is willing to fix it up and keep it going on a new platform?

It's a really fun game and website, there are some bugs in the current version for sure, but I think with some marketing it could be very popular. It's an interesting game that appeals to strategy, action, reading/bluffing, and memory and I think more gamers would become interested in the game if they understood this.

Damn straight. either maintain it for free or charge a fee, or sell it. 

#18 josephwhite

josephwhite

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

Since this game is ending, are the moderators still going to clamp down on people who share about alternatives to Stratego.com? It seems this is going to be the only option for those who still want to play Stratego (or something similar to Stratego).

Also, what will happen with the forum itself? There is a lot of information here that may be relevant to keep, especially regarding strategy, etc.

#19 Edmond Dantes 1844

Edmond Dantes 1844

General

• Moderators
  • 2,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted A week ago

Dear Stratego Player,

The Stratego Team

Here is a good question for Administration:

Just to be perfectly clear for those of us who don't fully understand these things, if the desktop version goes down, will that mean the new app will not work either?

Will this forum no longer function?

#20 Edmond Dantes 1844

Edmond Dantes 1844

General

• Moderators
  • 2,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted A week ago

Since this game is ending, are the moderators still going to clamp down on people who share about alternatives to Stratego.com? 

Also, what will happen with the forum itself? There is a lot of information here that may be relevant to keep, especially regarding strategy, etc.

Site rules are site rules–this property still belongs to its owners and not us. Just because people feel let down, betrayed, offended, upset, frustrated, and perhaps rightly so, does not mean that anarchy should prevail. To dispense with law and order is a huge mistake...there is no justification for making the personal choice to do the wrong thing.

...alternatives to Stratego.com? It seems this is going to be the only option for those who still want to play Stratego (or something similar to Stratego).

Is your inbox on this site full? As far as I know, PMs still work so shoot me a message if you like, or send a message(s) where you think they might best serve your goals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users