Wogomite

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted A week ago

What are your suggestions and plans for this one, Wogo?

To not prevent any mention of any Stratego or Stratego like site so that the beautiful community that we are, can have a place to go together and not die apart.

Edited by Wogomite, A week ago.

• Edmond Dantes 1844, TemplateRex and 01AAAAF like this

#82 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted A week ago

It will be important to keep this forum alive for all Stratego newsworthy happenings after the site is down. Free (and civil) expression needs to take place in this forum to keep the remnant alive and informed.
Posted Image
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/
Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#83 Verti_GO

Verti_GO

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted A week ago

Recently many critical messages have been written towards the MT. The response of the MT spokesperson has been to try to lecture the community about what we should do and how we should do it. He calls for positive actions instead of criticisms, name calling, finger pointing and a torch and pitchfork mentality.

However, his reaction to a critical message towards don mitsos (a member of the MT) in which he is accused in a veiled way of barely doing something since March 2020, was giving a like to that message.
jwfvOAx.jpg

A few days ago I asked the spokesperson:

Which is exactly your criteria?

1. Are site rules sacred and no one can break them under any circumstances?
2. Should the greater good prevail over site rules?
3. Does it depend on whether a close friend and/or a bitter enemy is involved or not?

I got no response, probably because he prefers private messages over public ones, but it seems obvious that option 3 is quite accurate.

#84 don mitsos

don mitsos

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 500 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted A week ago

So to speak my mind,

Personally i was, am and always will be in favor of NOT hiding or deleting posts (apart from posts that use vulgar language or are extremely offensive). I have been both criticized and applauded for this, but i haven't changed my view on this matter. I still consider that everyone is entitled to say or write down his opinion freely.

Having said that, the recent additions to the MT team, view things differently. Some would think this as quite hypocritical because when they were not MT members, they were not so zealous in abiding with the rules, but i guess anyone can change.

So, typically referring to other sites can be considered as advertisement and is forbidden by the rules. Previous MT formations were more elastic in applying this rule, this MT formation (2 out of 3 that is) is more strict. 

I guess it is a matter of perspective, others think this to be trivial while other consider it important.

I know i am not that active lately, but am quite busy in RL and from a time and then i was almost certain that these days would be the last of stratego.com and to tell the truth i was underwhelmed.

I am planning to say something about my experience in MT and my personal view on several aspects and several members, as others have done previously. So this is not the last of me yet.  

• Wogomite and mogul like this

#85 Edmond Dantes 1844

Edmond Dantes 1844

General

• Moderators
  • 2,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted A week ago

So to speak my mind,

Personally i was, am and always will be in favor of NOT hiding or deleting posts (apart from posts that use vulgar language or are extremely offensive). I have been both criticized and applauded for this, but i haven't changed my view on this matter. I still consider that everyone is entitled to say or write down his opinion freely.

Having said that, the recent additions to the MT team, view things differently. Some would think this as quite hypocritical because when they were not MT members, they were not so zealous in abiding with the rules, but i guess anyone can change.

So, typically referring to other sites can be considered as advertisement and is forbidden by the rules. Previous MT formations were more elastic in applying this rule, this MT formation (2 out of 3 that is) is more strict. 

I guess it is a matter of perspective, others think this to be trivial while other consider it important.

I know i am not that active lately, but am quite busy in RL and from a time and then i was almost certain that these days would be the last of stratego.com and to tell the truth i was underwhelmed.

I am planning to say something about my experience in MT and my personal view on several aspects and several members, as others have done previously. So this is not the last of me yet.  

We've been waiting for your return and this will be the first item upon which we must make a discussion immediately. So, please check in as we can act with more rapidity. Thanks dm.  :)

#86 Wogomite

Wogomite

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,209 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted A week ago

To not prevent any mention of any Stratego or Stratego like site so that the beautiful community that we are, can have a place to go together and not die apart.

Edmund, considering you “liked” this. Does that mean you will stop filtering all mentions of any other “Stratego type” sites?

#87 Edmond Dantes 1844

Edmond Dantes 1844

General

• Moderators
  • 2,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted A week ago

Edmund, considering you “liked” this. Does that mean you will stop filtering all mentions of any other “Stratego type” sites?

We have to get Admin to allow us to suspend the rule, and that discussion is something I have already opened for the other MT members...Yellowhat will be here tomorrow and I think don mitsos will look at it today.

Can you suggest other questions that this community can pose to Admin about this situation, please? And, the MT will open a specific thread in General Discussion about discussing this topic...not ranting about it, but discussion which will contribute questions to be asked, rules that need to be suspended exclusively concerning Stratego game-side and its closing, and how we might prepare something in the case that the Forum would be closed–the last point we have zero information.

#88 Eagle06

Eagle06

Major

• Swiss Tournament Manager
  • 1,352 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted A week ago

We have to get Admin to allow us to suspend the rule, and that discussion is something I have already opened for the other MT members...Yellowhat will be here tomorrow and I think don mitsos will look at it today.

Can you suggest other questions that this community can pose to Admin about this situation, please? And, the MT will open a specific thread in General Discussion about discussing this topic...not ranting about it, but discussion which will contribute questions to be asked, rules that need to be suspended exclusively concerning Stratego game-side and its closing, and how we might prepare something in the case that the Forum would be closed–the last point we have zero information.

1. Are we allowed to talk about an alternative?

2. Are we allowed to invite people somewhere to discuss it?

3. Are we allowed to SHOW people an alternative?

4. Are we allowed to send people a link to a youtube channel?
I never lose, I win or I learn…

Posted Image

#89 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted A week ago

"We have to get admin to allow us to suspend the rule"

What rule ? Where did it come from ?

If 'the rule' is simply the standard anti spam prohibition that is obviously intended to forbid 'I make $$$$$$ per day doing whatever' then it is laughable that the MT is perversely interpreting it in this way and they should cease this nonsense immediately.

If not, then the origin of this rule is a mystery to me. There was no rule of this sort when I was last in MT, and, despite the MT promoting transparency during the last couple of years I don't recall any announcement of one.

If the 'rule' is MT member originated then of course MT does not have to wait for admin to remove it.

The idea that the so called rule was a company initiative seems far fetched as every representative I have encountered from 2016 onwards seemed quite I'll informed about their own stratego site, and certainly had little idea about any others.

Of course an MT member advocating this policy to admin, who then concurred with it (because what do they know) would not count as a company origin for the rule.
  • TemplateRex likes this

#90 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted A week ago

*ill informed

predictive text fail

#91 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Major

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted A week ago

If 'the rule' is simply the standard anti spam prohibition that is obviously intended to forbid 'I make $$$$$$ per day doing whatever' then it is laughable that the MT is perversely interpreting it in this way and they should cease this nonsense immediately.

If not, then the origin of this rule is a mystery to me. There was no rule of this sort when I was last in MT, and, despite the MT promoting transparency during the last couple of years I don't recall any announcement of one.

If the 'rule' is MT member originated then of course MT does not have to wait for admin to remove it.

The idea that the so called rule was a company initiative seems far fetched as every representative I have encountered from 2016 onwards seemed quite I'll informed about their own stratego site, and certainly had little idea about any others.

Of course an MT member advocating this policy to admin, who then concurred with it (because what do they know) would not count as a company origin for the rule.

It's called "Working towards the Leader" in the literature on bureaucracies. Even without explicit mandates or instructions, low-level bureaucrates will often make up doctrines they think their leaders will appreciate.

• Verti_GO likes this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#92 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted A week ago

It’s like the building is on fire, but people aren’t allowed to pull the fire alarm because then people might go outside and spread the Covid.
  • tobermoryx and BILL CARSON XII like this

#93 Edmond Dantes 1844

Edmond Dantes 1844

General

• Moderators
  • 2,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted A week ago

It’s like the building is on fire, but people aren’t allowed to pull the fire alarm because then people might go outside and spread the Covid.

No, it is more like people are shocked, upset, disgruntled and want to, in some aspects, disregard rules and order because they are in such a state of mind–anarchy will not be the best course of action.  We're not trapped in a burning house with children, we are not in a building on fire with no way to sound an alarm...there is an urgency to the situation here, but we will cover more ground and achieve what the community wants by getting a plan into effect.

The concerns brought forth by the community are the topic of an MT discussion opened yesterday, and are being discussed at this very moment, all with the goal of making something happen ASAP.

• Morx and Metal Storm like this

#94 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted A week ago

No, it is more like people are shocked, upset, disgruntled and want to, in some aspects, disregard rules and order because they are in such a state of mind–anarchy will not be the best course of action.  We're not trapped in a burning house with children, we are not in a building on fire with no way to sound an alarm...there is an urgency to the situation here, but we will cover more ground and achieve what the community wants by getting a plan into effect.

The concerns brought forth by the community are the topic of an MT discussion opened yesterday, and are being discussed at this very moment, all with the goal of making something happen ASAP.

Good luck. i'm here for you. 

• Edmond Dantes 1844 likes this

#95 Verti_GO

Verti_GO

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted A week ago

That rule shares origin and usefulness with this very well known one.

The first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the first part of the party of the first part.

You can see where it comes from here:
https://www.youtube....u8AgUXPpLM&t=2s

Edited by Verti_GO, A week ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users