tobermoryx

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:00 PM

If the people that 'manage' this site consider themselves 'competitors' to other places where people can play stratego, shouldn't they first provide a site where people can play stratego ?

It was always pathetic to censor mentions of other stratego sites, as it is hardly like statego is big business with big money on the line. It is a game with too small a pool of players to have rivalries of that sort.

But to be closing down these discussions at a time when the site is failed is beyond belief. What do they expect seriously.

The MT appear to be pathetic 'company men' with very misplaced loyalty.

• Don_Homer, Fairway, slowmutant8 and 2 others like this

#2 Edmond Dantes 1844

Edmond Dantes 1844

General

• Moderators
  • 2,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:13 PM

If the people that 'manage' this site consider themselves 'competitors' to other places where people can play stratego, shouldn't they first provide a site where people can play stratego ?

It was always pathetic to censor mentions of other stratego sites, as it is hardly like statego is big business with big money on the line. It is a game with too small a pool of players to have rivalries of that sort.

But to be closing down these discussions at a time when the site is failed is beyond belief. What do they expect seriously.

You should feel free to write them a letter and let them know how you feel...many people here will agree with with you. I would urge you to do so, even if you may feel the effort is wasted, but I would disagree with that point of view. I think that every concern and objection that is well written and sent to the appropriate parties is time well spent as you simply cannot know that it has no value...quite to the contrary...they do read their mail.

There is no sarcasm here...please...do compose a message and send it–your voice may be very helpful.

• maxroelofs likes this

#3 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:16 PM

Edmond, who even are 'them' ?

Does anyone really know ?

Do 'they' even know they are they.

#4 Edmond Dantes 1844

Edmond Dantes 1844

General

• Moderators
  • 2,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:26 PM

Well, we have the benefit of being able to read and study Plato, Socrates, Goethe, Descartes, Kierkegaard, Tolstoy, and so many others...shouldn't we be able to amass all of their knowledge, synthesize it into our own conscious psyche and prevail as superior in knowledge?

Your valid questions confirm a salient truth...

Even with all of that superior knowledge, there is still next to nothing that we actually know...

Look up the Admins on the Moderators prompt...send each and every one a PM about your feelings of what is going on currently. It can't hurt to be proactive in a positive way.

#5 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:53 PM

+1000

At the very least, let us have threads about 'Alternative Playing Options' ( :) ) until the developers finally care enough to fix the PC version of the game.

• roeczak, slowmutant8 and Sevenseas like this
2 months until flash goes bye-bye

#6 slowmutant8

slowmutant8

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:59 PM

The game I played this morning on a brand new site wasn't even Stratego (it is Strategus, an inferior but fun Stratego substitute for when you are really craving a hit of S but Jumbo isn't holding). I don't know what the problem with talking about this game is. People talk about chess and that doesn't seem to be a problem. 

• tobermoryx likes this

#7 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 21 August 2020 - 11:30 PM

This is some pathetic shit: which off-brand MT members voted to remove the ***** posts? At least one MT member has an active account there under the same nick he has here. And that site had about 10 ranked games per day (yes for the entire site) until august 1. Now it’s up to 100 games per day. Guess what, it’s push, not pull.
  • tobermoryx, slowmutant8 and Sevenseas like this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#8 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 22 August 2020 - 04:45 AM

I second this. It has always been a large part of the issue that we just don't know who we're dealing with. For if we knew names and addresses we could surely flood them with our voices. But who are "they" and how do we contact them? That would be a very positive thing to know.

Edited by GaryLShelton, 22 August 2020 - 02:15 PM.

Posted Image
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/
Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#9 Yellowhat

Yellowhat

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 744 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 22 August 2020 - 09:59 AM

This is some pathetic shit: which off-brand MT members voted to remove the ***** posts? 

I did, I think this is a reasonable forum rule that we simply have to abide by. (although I violated it too...  :D)

#10 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 22 August 2020 - 05:26 PM

Why are you all even here? It's been almost a month.

You just won't move and look for new a new game site. You are certain that one day the game will magically work again. It won't.

I couldn't care less if the game ever comes back and I loved Stratego, but seriously it's time to move on.

#11 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 3,782 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 August 2020 - 05:38 PM

You’re here too queen ;/)
  • Don_Homer, tobermoryx and i really suck like this

#12 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Major

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 22 August 2020 - 05:44 PM

You should feel free to write them a letter and let them know how you feel...many people here will agree with with you. I would urge you to do so, even if you may feel the effort is wasted, but I would disagree with that point of view. I think that every concern and objection that is well written and sent to the appropriate parties is time well spent as you simply cannot know that it has no value...quite to the contrary...they do read their mail.

There is no sarcasm here...please...do compose a message and send it–your voice may be very helpful.

Stop telling people what to do. Go write them yourself. You are an MT member so do something with it. 

• TemplateRex likes this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#13 Edmond Dantes 1844

Edmond Dantes 1844

General

• Moderators
  • 2,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 22 August 2020 - 06:05 PM

Stop telling people what to do.

I really wish you would read my posts more carefully before making these kinds of incorrect judgements. I did not tell him to do anything–I described an available option. Urging someone to consider an available option is not telling someone what to do.

Go write them yourself.

I did write to them...your comment might qualify as a silly assumption.

You are an MT member so do something with it. 

As a member of the MT, I have been making inquiries directly with Admin and just as soon as I receive any kind of information, my colleagues and I will be sharing it here with the forum members.

You might heed your own words, Don_Homer...you need not tell me what to do, the very thing you are criticizing me for, which I have not done, is the very thing of which you are guilty now. I would suggest putting any personal dislike of me aside–I suspect that it might get in the way of reason and objectivity.

#14 Eagle06

Eagle06

Major

• Swiss Tournament Manager
  • 1,352 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 22 August 2020 - 06:34 PM

I can't stop smiling seeing some tgreads being deleted, I thought there was a kind of freedom of speech lol.
Anyway, you all know what's coming next, if not feel free to PM me, but I guess many will easily understand :)
I never lose, I win or I learn…

Posted Image

#15 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Major

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 22 August 2020 - 07:55 PM

Mr Kmc, You are just saying ''go write them'' in some different vocabulary. 

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#16 sandoor

sandoor

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 22 August 2020 - 07:57 PM

Why are you all even here? It's been almost a month.

You just won't move and look for new a new game site. You are certain that one day the game will magically work again. It won't.

I couldn't care less if the game ever comes back and I loved Stratego, but seriously it's time to move on.

Yes glad that you will move on thanks God finally

#17 Edmond Dantes 1844

Edmond Dantes 1844

General

• Moderators
  • 2,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 22 August 2020 - 09:59 PM

Mr Kmc, You are just saying ''go write them'' in some different vocabulary. 

You may address me as M. Dantes OR Mr. Dantes...how you posted here is unacceptable and irrelevant. Please be advised. Thanks.

#18 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 4,562 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 22 August 2020 - 10:30 PM

Can I call you Sir Edmond?

Narnia vibes even if it's spelled wrong :)

2 months until flash goes bye-bye

#19 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 23 August 2020 - 07:59 AM

Who would want to be named after the Narnia Edmund? He was a mixed bag. M.Dantès was an all-around good guy. 👍
Posted Image
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/
Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#20 Eagle06

Eagle06

Major

• Swiss Tournament Manager
  • 1,352 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 23 August 2020 - 09:15 AM

I prefer Dante, the italian writer personally. He wrote the Divin Comedy, which is the trip of a man in the inferno, purgatory and paradise. Very interesting structure :)
I never lose, I win or I learn…

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users