Photo

Public Poll: General Reset

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Poll: General Reset (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support the idea of a general reset (100 ELO, 0/0/0 stats) to all accounts?

1. Yes (31 votes [50.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.82%

2. No (26 votes [42.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.62%

3. Other (please explain) (4 votes [6.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:24 PM

In a new step forward in our fight against alias accounts, the MT is studying the possibility of making a general reset to all accounts. Before making such decision, we want to know the opinion of the community.

The main reasons for resetting all accounts to 100 points ELO and 0/0/0 stats are:
- Remove all dormant and inactive accounts, constituting a leaderboard cleanse.
- Discourage the creation of alias accounts.
- Increase the number of games and competitiveness.
- Eliminate the uncertainty that the discovered security breach introduced in the ranking, since it was possible to freely access some setups.

Some considerations on this decision.
- The reset would be carried out periodically, surely annually.
- Before performing the reset, the previous ranking would be accessible in the forum for consultation, so that before playing against a player it would be possible to consult what his real level was.
- Rewards would be established for those who reached certain achievements, such as higher scores, higher victories, etc.
- Admins and developers are on board and ready to implement it.

-Max ELO point stats should be available on the forum as well.

According to the above:
1. I agree to carry out a general reset
2. I do NOT agree with performing a general reset.

Anyone can write their opinions, comments, ideas, etc. in a new post on this thread.

The results of this poll may or may not be binding with regards to MT discussion and decisions on the matter - this is still under discussion.

This poll has been posted in general discussion for the time being to promote increased visibility.

Conspiracy Theory 18427: The Developers will never fix the web version of the game, and will force everyone to spend money on the app instead. RIP my stratego career.

#2 championn

championn

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:42 PM

Great Idea, honestly

#3 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:50 PM

NO NO NO, A THOUSAND TIMES NO. 

I only have 209 wins and 335 losses, but I earned my hard fought wins and losses and I don't want to lose them. 

NO NO NO TO A RESET. 

• slowmutant8 and MG_Earp like this

#4 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Marshal

• Members
  • 3,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:25 PM

just for your info, currently when a player is reset to 100 and he would lose his following game his ELO will go below 100. So if the resetting procedure is done in the same way it is done today then a player who is 500 ELO could theoretically go down to an ELO of -400 if he woud lose all his future games. Is it desired that ELO could become negative? If not can admin/deveolpers fix this issue?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#5 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:43 PM

Admin/ Developers have a lot to fix and I see no evidence of any one doing anything. 

#6 i really suck

i really suck

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:51 PM

Admin/ Developers have a lot to fix and I see no evidence of any one doing anything. 

why is your text always in bold?
  • 22900VoRselaar likes this

Top 3 clowns of 2020: 1. rask, 2. championn, 3. Valeri.....wait a minute?

#7 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:51 PM

This would be disastrous. Consider me quitting this site if that happens.

• Powderkeg, MG_Earp and i really suck like this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#8 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:58 PM

My text is in bold to make it more readable and to drive my point home. 

Why is there a 'Bold' button in the toolbar to begin with ? 

#9 i really suck

i really suck

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:01 PM

NO NO NO, A THOUSAND TIMES NO. 
I only have 209 wins and 335 losses, but I earned my hard fought wins and losses and I don't want to lose them. 
NO NO NO TO A RESET. 

This would be disastrous. Consider me quitting this site if that happens.

My thoughts exactly. All my hard work over the years shot to hell. Along with, EVERYONE ELSE'S. There are thousands of people who play on the site and don't even know about this forum. Imagine how many of them would quit the site if their hard work was taken away to deal with an issue that they probably didn't even know about.

Top 3 clowns of 2020: 1. rask, 2. championn, 3. Valeri.....wait a minute?

#10 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:06 PM

6 NO votes and 4 YES votes.  when do the polls close ? 

#11 R u Mocking Me ?

R u Mocking Me ?

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:29 PM

I would think T-Rex/IRS with all the experience you NOW have regaining ELO would be a fine challenge and easily accomplished. That is just an outsiders opinion. As I had asked about a reset awhile ago and was told NO -- One might not want to worry that much about it-- Metal Storm. 

#12 Wnehme

Wnehme

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:36 PM

Bring back the delphex list prepared by admin periodically and all your problems will go away
  • Powderkeg, TemplateRex, MG_Earp and 1 other like this

#13 Franklins585er

Franklins585er

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Spy

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:57 PM

Wouldn't it make more sense to only allow 1 account per person. There has to be a way to somehow manage it from an IT standpoint. 

Just add an option to play rated/unrated Full Arena matches. 

I think this would solve the issues that have been mentioned. 

#14 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:57 PM

Don't wipe out my win / loss record. Don't do it ...

Edited by Metal Storm, 30 June 2020 - 07:57 PM.

#15 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:08 PM

- Eliminate the uncertainty that the discovered security breach introduced in the ranking, since it was possible to freely access some setups.

This poll has been posted in general discussion for the time being to promote increased visibility.

Please clarify what you mean regarding the security breach and accessing setups; specifically, what does this reset have to do with that issue and how will it eliminate uncertainty?

In order to help make sure that non-forum readers are aware, is there a way developers could create a pop-up message when someone logs in that alerts them to the issue, and preferably directs them to this topic so that they can weigh in if they'd like? I've seen this on other sites.

That said, I'm a fan of resetting and have argued for it in the past. However, it is most effective in conjunction with a way to prevent future alias issues (the reset will help to clean up leader board from past alias issues.)

Current ELOs would be re-earned quite quickly in most cases. I think it was actually your analysis TemplateRex that argued for this in the past, but if that was somebody else then I misremember and apologize.

• *Mastermind* likes this

#16 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 4,386 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:16 PM

Please clarify what you mean regarding the security breach and accessing setups; specifically, what does this reset have to do with that issue and how will it eliminate uncertainty?

I believe the reasoning behind that statement was the following:

Some players  may have possibly inflated their ELO and unfairly won games and gained lots of points by way of being able to access setups from their opponents by way of the security breach. It is highly unlikely that this occurred outside of the very small amount of people that knew of the breach before it was patched, if at all. But I suppose it is a possibility.

Theoretically, an ELO reset could negate any anomalies caused by this.

In order to help make sure that non-forum readers are aware, is there a way developers could create a pop-up message when someone logs in that alerts them to the issue, and preferably directs them to this topic so that they can weigh in if they'd like? I've seen this on other sites.

I'm sure it's possible. We've asked admin before if they could do this for tournaments or a general 'visit the forum' message. Was met with a lukewarm response at best. I could inquire about the matter as I do agree this might need input from non-forum members as well.

Another thing that may be possible is the idea of an ELO- only reset, which would reset ELO back to 100 every determined time period, while leaving historic stats (W/L/D) untouched.

Conspiracy Theory 18427: The Developers will never fix the web version of the game, and will force everyone to spend money on the app instead. RIP my stratego career.

#17 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 4,386 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:19 PM

Reminder that forum aliases are NOT allowed, and therefore only one account per person may vote in any poll...

Also, this poll will be open for 2 weeks.

#18 MG_Earp

MG_Earp

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:22 PM

For me I can say I don’t care if ELO reset every year, but to think about guys which play the game here for years fighting for their ELO to be as high as possible I must vote no. People put a lot of time, and hard work to be where they are. And the ELO is good because you play more pr less opponents with same knowledge.

I think there should be other possibilities and accesories to be checked. If Alias is biggest problem then this should be tracked somehow. Ideas was writen on top posts. Admins and developers should do upgrade of APP and site not to bother with ELO reset. I think MT send them a list what should and can be upgraded so we can more enjoy on playing a game :)
  • Powderkeg likes this

#19 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 4,386 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:23 PM

I think MT send them a list what should and can be upgraded so we can more enjoy on playing a game :)

There was a project done on this a few weeks ago that was sent to developers. Obviously, we're waiting for the response there.

• MG_Earp likes this

#20 MG_Earp

MG_Earp

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:46 PM

There was a project done on this a few weeks ago that was sent to developers. Obviously, we're waiting for the response there.

I know :) tnx to the MT because of this :) this features will bring more players and we will enjoy more :)

Look I play on App for about 1 year, every single application on my phone had in this time one or even two updates :) only Stratego was without :/ grrr :D I can’t even make my own setup for QA on app, or make setup out of game time :/ most stupid thing ever, especialiy this one with QA :) haha :)

My brother in law play two days ago FIFA 2020 on PS4. There was 10 000 players online and play :/ 10 000? I was shocked :) On stratego I see max number in Corona time around 300 players online :)

Edited by MG_Earp, 30 June 2020 - 08:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users