General Croz

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 3 days ago

Sorry if this topic has already been addressed. But I was wondering if anyone else has brought up the possibility of fixing the program to disable the chat feature while playing a game? Too many times I get a player who likes to keep running off at the mouth. I ignore them but it is annoying to keep seeing their comments popping up one after the other. Especially if you ignore them. That really sets them off!  I just had a match yesterday with Mike A and the game was only maybe 5 minutes old. His record was 72-10-0 but that all changed. He is now 72-11-0. Once the game was mine the comments began. His first was " Hope you like just sitting there?" In reference to being it was his move and he was just going to let the clock expire. All along with posting derogatory comments about me.I had nothing else better to do and I wanted the win. I saved my comment back to him for the last 10 seconds before the clock expired. He was able to get one more in on me .... What a jerk!  Anyway.. I'm hoping in the future this chat can be disabled if one wants. I like chatting with most but there are some who I don't!

#2 Subversion

Subversion

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 2 days ago

When I encounter such a player I just zoom in the page so that I only see the game and the chat bar is cut off. I also play the game without sounds so I dont hear when I receive a message.

For me it is that  easy and it is working really nicely if I wanna shut an opponent up.

• GaryLShelton, General Croz and R u Mocking Me ? like this

#3 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,038 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted A day ago

For the record, they do have this chat mute function in the new app. I use it at the first sign of unpleasantness from an opponent and so works well. Subversion's idea above is a good substitute on the desktop, though. I also play with no sound most of the time but find it hard to ignore the red badge counting up. Not being able to see that by scrolling up is a nice idea.

Some have felt that we should ignore all chats during the game. For me, I would feel I missed a nicer part of the experience in the majority of cases if I did that. Most of the time the BattleChat is at least civil to enjoyable for me.

Edited by GaryLShelton, A day ago.

• Subversion likes this
Posted Image
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/
Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users