#1 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,498 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

In this thread, we'll offer a list of videos recorded and uploaded during the WCO.

If you made a video and received permission from your opponent to publish it, please post the link(s) here, preferably providing the following info:

1) Round
2) Player A, Player B

Round #1 Videos

Round #2 Videos

Round #3 Videos

Round #4 Videos

Round #5 Videos

Round #6 Videos

KnightOfPepsi (US) vs. panther65 (DE) 

Round #7 Videos

KnightOfPepsi (US) vs. dutchkillers (NL) 

Round #8 Videos

KnightOfPepsi (US) vs. Major Nelson (GR) 

Round #9 Videos

KnightOfPepsi (US) vs. Losermaker (AU) 

Round #10 Videos
  • Master Mind likes this

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates
See this thread my blog post

#2 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 3 weeks ago

Round 6:  KnightofPepsi vs. panther65

https://youtu.be/bMwvggMqyOU

Round 8: KnightofPepsi vs. Major Nelson

https://youtu.be/I2MhNej7lws

Round 9: KnightofPepsi vs. Losermaker

https://youtu.be/B2ux5kOYrTE

Thank you to all opponents who allowed me to record and post!

• Losermaker, Yellowhat, TemplateRex and 2 others like this

#3 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 3 weeks ago

Gosh, those were marathon battles! Have to put Netflix on the backburner for a few nights ;)

• Losermaker and KnightofPepsi like this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#4 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,498 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Put them into the list, anyone else having created vids, please share them here too, so we can have a nice, proper, index :)

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates
See this thread my blog post

#5 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 3 weeks ago

Round 6:  KnightofPepsi vs. panther65

https://youtu.be/bMwvggMqyOU

Round 8: KnightofPepsi vs. Major Nelson

https://youtu.be/I2MhNej7lws

Round 9: KnightofPepsi vs. Losermaker

https://youtu.be/B2ux5kOYrTE

Thank you to all opponents who allowed me to record and post!

Awesome win against Major Nelson! The run-around-the-lake-and-let-your-opponent-try-to-crack-your-setup defense is not something that works so successfully very often, but here it did! I hope it didn't contribute to Major Nelson dropping out of the tournament ;)

BTW, you also could have won / got a good chance of winning against Dutchkillers IMO, by forcing the gen exchange at 55:22. It's then your lieut+sarge+scout vs sarge+miner for him. You can use your scout to identify the miner. The tricky part is that he has only 1 moved piece on b7, if you scout it and that's the sarge you will have to take a risk by trapping it with your lieut+sarge (and potentially letting his miner get a shot at your flag.

You could also scout the piece at g10 or j10, which would be the most likely candidates for the other moveable piece IMO. Again, if you find a bomb you still have to take a risk. Once you find the miner, you can try and trap it, and it's very hard for him to exchange sarges before you trap the miner.  

Anyway, after letting the gen loose, you couldn't win anymore, barring an open flag.

• KnightofPepsi likes this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#6 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 3 weeks ago

Awesome win against Major Nelson! The run-around-the-lake-and-let-your-opponent-try-to-crack-your-setup defense is not something that works so successfully very often, but here it did! I hope it didn't contribute to Major Nelson dropping out of the tournament ;)

BTW, you also could have won / got a good chance of winning against Dutchkillers IMO, by forcing the gen exchange at 55:22. It's then your lieut+sarge+scout vs sarge+miner for him. You can use your scout to identify the miner. The tricky part is that he has only 1 moved piece on b7, if you scout it and that's the sarge you will have to take a risk by trapping it with your lieut+sarge (and potentially letting his miner get a shot at your flag.

You could also scout the piece at g10 or j10, which would be the most likely candidates for the other moveable piece IMO. Again, if you find a bomb you still have to take a risk. Once you find the miner, you can try and trap it, and it's very hard for him to exchange sarges before you trap the miner.  

Anyway, after letting the gen loose, you couldn't win anymore, barring an open flag.

Thank you. There wasn't much else I could do in the match vs. Major Nelson once I got that far down in material. However, once that miner diffused the bomb in the middle I had a suspicion his flag was behind it, and I remembered that until the end of the game when I finally had a chance to lotto with my colonel. I thought for sure he would go straight for my flag but fortunately he did not.

vs. dutchkillers I took what I thought was the safer approach. In that regard, my big mistake was letting him get my last miner. If I could have freed that miner and gotten him loose, I could have gone for the win.

#7 dutchkillers

dutchkillers

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

if pepsi didt have bom in that sergant he good have won easy bud i did also a lotto with my majoor and he wood have lose his sargent earlyer in the game so it helpt him and it made him draw

First lesson dutch wins second lesson first learn lesson one.dutch the warrior

#8 dutchkillers

dutchkillers

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

that whas unlucky for me if i lotto your last miner before i lotto my majoor i wood have`t lotto that major into a bom witch i tought it whas a sargent

• Fairway likes this

First lesson dutch wins second lesson first learn lesson one.dutch the warrior

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users