Photo

Questions and Discussions Thread for MT Reports (2020)

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#161 R u Mocking Me ?

R u Mocking Me ?

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 3 weeks ago

To make their final decision, each member of the MT takes into account all the factors involved in a report: their knowledge of the game, the evidence provided and the background of the players. Based on the above, each member casts their vote along with their reasoning. If the vote results in a tie (for example, 3 MT members vote for Guilty and another 3 vote for No Case), the most beneficial option for the accused will be taken.

To change the vote, it would be necessary to have new evidence to justify it. You now provide new information about the accused setup, but we only have your word, no solid evidence. Of course we do not doubt your word, but you will understand that something more is needed to justify a change in our decision.
On the other hand, in a report the evidence provided must be public. What would a conviction based on evidence received by PM look like? How would you feel if we punish you based on evidence received by PM, without you (or anyone but the MT and the plaintiff) having the option of knowing the evidence presented in order to defend yourself?

Nice points MT member Verti_Go. I have been trying to skirt the issue about flag and bombed off lane to TRY and give the accused a tad bit of respect. Respect that they have not shown in kind to myself-- DC and wasting my time as they have done in the past. Additional time I have now used with report and request to reopen case. As to evidence please re-review the other cases on this player. The Flag is in the back right corner area. The bombed off lane is the left. Your correct no PM needed no other evidence. This person has DC two other times in 2020-guilty ! Now this case you the MT wants to vote NOT guilty due to the amount of pieces ? The player DC and did not return to the match. I have provided what I can you-the MT can vote again. IF you are choosing to take in all evidence then look at their other accts as I suggested. As to ya point Verti_Go on PMs I believe the MT has a case were PMs are involved and are not being shown-- do as you please with the available evidence and as required by the rules is just my thought. 

#162 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 3 weeks ago

The player probably did deliberately disconnect, but there is no way the MT can accept an opponent's opinion of where the flag is.

#163 Bobby Dylan

Bobby Dylan

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 3 weeks ago

@ R u Mocking Me?

I understand what you wrote. But the problem is, though we all know you are a nice and solid forum member, and we could believe your words about your opponents set up and behaviour, we cannot treat you or this case different than other people who are reporting.
So MT have to follow the rules.
And as Verti_GO said earlier, if the votes results in a tie, the most benificial option for the accused will be taken.

Hope for your understanding.

"I accept chaos, I'm not sure wether it accepts me" - Bob Dylan

#164 R u Mocking Me ?

R u Mocking Me ?

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 3 weeks ago

@ R u Mocking Me?

I understand what you wrote. But the problem is, though we all know you are a nice and solid forum member, and we could believe your words about your opponents set up and behaviour, we cannot treat you or this case different than other people who are reporting.
So MT have to follow the rules.
And as Verti_GO said earlier, if the votes results in a tie, the most benificial option for the accused will be taken.

Hope for your understanding.

Thank you for the response MT member Bobby D. I appreciate ya comments and I want to stress that I am looking for NO different treatment as you put it. I requested an appeal on ya-MT decision on this case. I presented evidence the DC and non re-join of match. Then the defeat screen as needed. I gave fully story on my opponent set up. The only further evidence is the other screen shots from other cases where this opponent was found guilty. These show more of my opponents unchanged set up. My graveyard shows I am ahead in pieces. You the MT can contact player Delphex and uncover their other names and check those numerous reports and screen shots. That is if you like. I won the match and made the report. It is up to you MT members to judge. Yes not all of ya fellow gamers are going to agree with ya decisions. I agree a lot of pieces left on the board. I wish I had the opportunity to finish the match-myself. As it turns out my opponent had some internet issues. They could not finish up the match or rejoin for a third time in three months. I will suggest they change carriers it may help. As to my fellow gamer Tober-- hello. You are correct the MT can not take my word. If you want to review past screen shot from this player ya can but yes it is all guess work since I was unable to finish the match.I went back to check a few items-screen shots. It seems my old selves have deleted those screen shots but cases with verdicts stand it seems. I also did some further back tracking and found a few bread crumbs. I may be wrong since I don't have the player Delphex program handy but here is a link from a fellow player about the accused here in this case or at least I think--we will never know unless the MT want to check into the matter more. Any how this is just a link to an older forum member--still here I am happy to say but some of you MT maybe weren't so my last bit on the matter at least for today.  Once again no hard evidence just me and another forum(not Zak per say) member think/thought they may be the same player.

https://imgur.com/a/VVtqczp    Thank you all for ya time on this tiny matter.  :)  Pluruskop was the name I and another thought was associated with my current report along with kingkong1710 and canotelli. If others want to look into the other names from my current evidence/imgur link please do. 

https://imgur.com/a/wcmqoQn
                                                   I back tracked even further with what information I have. The DC case the current MT seems to want to dismiss is as far as I can track is on a previously banned player. I could be wrong of course but these links that I have provide all seem to lead to one player.

Edited by R u Mocking Me ?, 3 weeks ago.

#165 Wnehme

Wnehme

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

Another case under antares27
this is so annoying
Player should be penalized more
( i mean this is more annoying than DC an DR) and i think players do it because worse case they will be deducted the point they won

https://imgur.com/gallery/G2aKeul

The flag is in the middle this was a tripod and i removed the bomb on top

https://imgur.com/gallery/1f0VBJA

I took a draw as i didnt want to have a loss on my score sheet

MT verdict: MT decided no case because the evidence doesn't meet the requirement for a DM Chasing case.
Sorry for the little delay of the verdict, but it took some time to discuss this.
Case closed.

#166 Wnehme

Wnehme

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

I dont understand ???!??
Have you seen the video where he kept chasing both my lieutenant with his captains
This is not mutliple chase???( we stayed 10 min like this)
He did nothing but that
It is in the first link last video

Edited by Wnehme, 2 weeks ago.

#167 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,025 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 2 weeks ago

I dont understand ???!??
Have you seen the video where he kept chasing both my lieutenant with his captains
This is not mutliple chase???( we stayed 10 min like this)
He did nothing but that
It is in the first link last video

According to the evidence provided in this case, there are a few screenshots: 

https://imgur.com/gallery/G2aKeul

And a very short video of you opening his flag (there was no double chase at this time) 

https://imgur.com/gallery/1f0VBJA

If there is (or is supposed to be) a video where he was chasing your lieutenants with his captains, then I've missed it. If you do have that video, then we could be able to take more action.

The double chasing rules state:

In case you are being D/M chased, take the following into account:

- Video evidence is much preferred over screenshots.
- While annoying and even unsportsmanlike, the MT will not hand out a D/M chasing penalty for occasional illegal moves. The MT will penalize continuous D/M chasing.
- You should inform your opponent at least once that the moves made are illegal.
- The D/M chasing must either be 25 consecutive D/M chasing moves or 5 minutes, whichever comes first and is easier to prove (depending on video vs screenshots)
- The MT will penalize players who try to stay just under the threshold as a means of being as annoying as possible.
- A defeat screen is required. By playing alternating moves (e.g. giving up a piece / position) you waive the right to make a case out of this

The part highlighted in green was the issue with your case. While it seemed obvious that he was double chasing, the evidence presented was simply too small in quantity. It did not show the double chase occurring for 5 straight minutes or 25 straight moves. 

If you have more evidence of the game's double chase (like a video of his captains chasing your lieutenants) then please upload it and post it here so we can take another look at the case.

2020 NASF Champion  :) 

#168 Wnehme

Wnehme

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

There is a video of him chasing- it is the last one but apparently it doesn't fit your 25 moves or 5 minutes i tried to shorten the least possible because you have to understand it is not easy to crop and save and upload and the bigger the file the more problematic the upload and as i play on my phone while recording some messages are received on my screen that i cant share
We stayed like this for 10 min and i warned the guy as we kept doing this( you can see the chat)
And he accepted the draw as he was going to do nothing about it
So i find here your rule of 5 min / 25 moves a bit irrelevant as 5-25 or 100 moves the outcome was the same
I dont care for the points( the guy has a low elo so probably would have gain 6/7 pts instead of losing 7 to a draw) but sometime you can look beyond certain points specially when the outcome is the same
I had the game recorded but when the case was acknowledged red i waited few days and since i didnt hear back i deleted
Recording games is flooding my storage so need to make room for something else

#169 Wnehme

Wnehme

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

It is frustrating for someone who spent few minutes cropping uploading to impose certain rules among all players to come and say:
You havent shown us that u did that 25 times (although we did it more than 100) and nothing would have changed and flag was known to tell him "no case - case closed"
  • clarkdonglefritz likes this

#170 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,604 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

We didn't see the graveyards during the video, so we had no way to establish whether your miner was still up or not.

I don't recall the exact positions, but I do remember that you had two lieutenants left and I believe your opponent had two captains.

EA7F2mK.png

The opponent can easily put one of the captains at G9 and then walk around the lake with his other captain. No way you can get through. Due to the lack of seeing the miner present in the video, we can't determine whether a theoretical win was possible for you excluding blunder moves from either player.

If we had seen the above situation where lieutenants were miners, then.. maybe.. but in this case, it seems that your opponent can defend.

After all, it is the task of the plaintiff to convince the MT, which based on the evidence shown, did not take place.

We don't know for sure whether the flag was there, but it seemed like the most likely place based on what you've shown us.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates
See this thread my blog post

#171 Wnehme

Wnehme

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

I am proving of case of multiple chase
Your solution seem possible but it didnt take place
( you cant say the guy COULD HAVE DONE THIS based on your expertise because for him the solution didnt occur)
He kept going back and forth and doing MC until the end which is an offense obviously not for you since i havent shown it 25 times
Anyway the discussion will lead nowhere
Thank you for the verdict

#172 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,604 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

What I'm trying to say, while perhaps unsatisfactory, is:

We have only seen a few chasing moves, which does not comply with the requirements

The MT has the option to use their judicial prerogative, in which case even if the requirements aren't 100% met, we can still choose to come to a certain verdict

(Partly) Because we did not see a guaranteed victory for you, we chose not to use this.

We know that taking evidence from the APP is a pain

#173 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,008 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted A week ago

FEY22 disconnect:
https://imgur.com/a/F1WerOC

It might be worth it for the MT to discuss the idea of subtracting 75 points from a player's highest ELO account if they are found guilty of a disconnect from any of their accounts

Technically, Article 1.10 on aliases still applies. All penalties should theoretically be applied to all aliases. The trouble is the tedium of doing this for lower level infractions. So in practice the only penalties that have always been applied to all accounts of a convicted player are the most serious of cases, the PB cases.

Penalties do accumulate for disconnect cases to the point of PB. It is likely at that point the MT will PB all accounts of the convicted person then.

1.10 Aliases: Any violations for cheating, draw refusal, abusive behavior, or abuse in the forum that are committed by either a player, forum member, or an alias thereof, shall be considered to have been committed by both that person and all of his or her known aliases, as well as any aliases discovered later. All such entities once known will receive the same penalty. Should a rescindment of penalties be made by the Youdagames official representative, Mick Moolhuijsen, this will apply to all aliases as well.

Edited by GaryLShelton, A week ago.

Posted Image
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/
Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#174 WILD_MULE

WILD_MULE

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted A week ago

I have made my accounts with a lot of time and try.if you want to ban one or two of my accounts if I broke the rules it’s ok but NOT all my accounts.if they provoke me I m just answering bad.thats it nothing more nothing less.i never use any account to cheat and they can confirm that some people that I played against them a lot of times.

#175 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,604 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

I have made my accounts with a lot of time and try.if you want to ban one or two of my accounts if I broke the rules it’s ok but NOT all my accounts.if they provoke me I m just answering bad.thats it nothing more nothing less.i never use any account to cheat and they can confirm that some people that I played against them a lot of times.

Bans are applied to players (=individuals), not just limited to an account.

#176 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted A week ago

1 Thessalonians 5:15 (NIV)
Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.

• KnightofPepsi likes this

#177 Sorrow

Sorrow

Sergeant

• NASF Committee
  • 478 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 5 days ago

Can I appeal my case? I don’t draw or lose to noobs, why has MT decided I couldn’t win vs a silver rated player in a winning position?

The dude was taking 15 seconds per move prior to me recording (proved by the chat) Him taking 15 seconds per move is the only reason I resigned.
You’re essentially rewarding a player for stalling who would have never been able to draw me.
It’s also not like I get any points for a win so just taking away my points for getting my time stolen is a bit flawed.

Would like full restoration of my points. It’s difficult enough to play for points with out having this bs added.
Thanks.
  • Fairway and roeczak like this
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)
Dalee is a GOD!

#178 clarkdonglefritz

clarkdonglefritz

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 5 days ago

MT Verdict: Heroic Coward has been found guilty of draw refusal and will have deducted -113 points, while you will have 13 points restored pending admin action.

Still have not seen these 13 points?

MT Note: we have a new admin, so there is some delay indeed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Edited by Bobby Dylan, 5 days ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users