Photo

Questions and Discussions Thread for MT Reports (2020)

• Please log in to reply
516 replies to this topic

#501 Wnehme

Wnehme

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 4 weeks ago

Thanks Gary for this explanation-
Was he disconnected due to bad connection or he didnt know the Existence of surrender button?
  • Edmond Dantes 1844 likes this

#502 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 4 weeks ago

Three questions:

1. What is BOTD ?
2. What or who is CC ?

3. Why would anyone choose a player name like  Pizza ?  

#503 Edmond Dantes 1844

Edmond Dantes 1844

General

• Moderators
  • 2,145 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 4 weeks ago

Three questions:

1. What is BOTD ?

Борис на Дону (Boris on the Don)–it has something to do with Cossacks

2. What or who is CC ?

Oh, come on, man... Carbon Copy, or if you like, BCC, Blind Carbon Copy

3. Why would anyone choose a player name like  Pizza ?

'cause most everyone loves pizza and pizza is popular?

1) Benefit of the Doubt

2) Customer Care

3) Maybe for the same reason one might choose Metal Storm–personal choice.  :D 

#504 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 4,040 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 4 weeks ago

CC : Clown Circus, the state of things here ;)
  • Sevenseas likes this

sOoQsuN.png

#505 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 4 weeks ago

What makes you say that Nortrom ? 

#506 clarkdonglefritz

clarkdonglefritz

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 4 weeks ago

SUGAR2 does a trick in quick games
Everytime we are paired i get a red screen” connecting”
And screen froze and i have to reboot
I played several games today this happened only with him 3 times already today
https://imgur.com/gallery/zrnwmtW

This happens to me almost every time I play him, so I'd figured out it wasn't something I was doing. Glad to have that confirmed because you're having the same issue. I do notice that sometimes I'm credited with a win when this happens, but sometimes my record doesn't change. I only reload once his chat icon disappears, maybe he is leaving first.

#507 clarkdonglefritz

clarkdonglefritz

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 4 weeks ago

FYI to people who think I'm still being a false accuser, thinking I have no reason to suggest Powderkeg is harassing me, here is a game I had with "clark 2inch dong" today:

https://imgur.com/a/sxstnWr

#508 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,496 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 4 weeks ago

LOL. You are the most gullible person on the face of this entire planet. 

These people read the forum too. They aren't stupid. If they hadn't read the forum then what reason would they have to go after you?

I can't believe I have to spell this out, but this guy obviously read the forum, saw that PK said that, and said it too just to be funny.

Exactly like making accounts called 'P0wd3rk3g' or '~p0wderk3g' just to send you inappropriate messages.

3 months until flash goes bye-bye

#509 clarkdonglefritz

clarkdonglefritz

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 4 weeks ago

LOL. You are the most gullible person on the face of this entire planet. 

These people read the forum too. They aren't stupid. If they hadn't read the forum then what reason would they have to go after you?

I can't believe I have to spell this out, but this guy obviously read the forum, saw that PK said that, and said it too just to be funny.

Exactly like making accounts called 'P0wd3rk3g' or '~p0wderk3g' just to send you inappropriate messages.

Your opinion is noted. Thank you, and goodbye.

#510 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,150 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 4 weeks ago

Thanks Gary for this explanation-
Was he disconnected due to bad connection or he didnt know the Existence of surrender button?

As I said, the arrow in the screenshot shows up in the disconnection window. It means only one thing: Pizza70 purposely DC'd right after that move into my colonel.

Whether he knew of the surrender button or not, I couldn't say. However, he should, and the behavior of his suddenly leaving is simply rude. Also, the only way to get that message across is going to be a points penalty in my opinion. The belief in the potential coincidence of a bad connection right at that moment is similar to the belief that a bet on the lottery actually has a chance to succeed.

Lastly, if there were a possibility for Pizza77 to play on and win, that is going to be a subjective decision by anyone. My point is that unless you believe in the lottery chance of his DC at that moment of the arrow being accidental, the concrete act of the DC ought to hold sway over any thoughts of "Well, he could have played and still won." That is pie in the sky, while his Disconnect is solid and real. The reversal in this case was wrong, in my opinion, due to the presence of the arrow.
  • R u Mocking Me ? likes this
Posted Image
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/
Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#511 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 4,040 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 4 weeks ago

CC : Clown Circus, the state of things here ;)

What makes you say that Nortrom ? 

Gut feeling.

sOoQsuN.png

#512 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 4 weeks ago

I've been kicked out mid game, or just was unable to move before buffer ran out, or stupid reasons like mouse battery ran out, probably 75 times, maybe nearer 100.

A lot of those were early game, but probably a dozen I was near certain to win in endgame. Of course maybe 10 of those games I was probably gonna lose, and perhaps 1 or 2 of the 10 I got kicked out shortly after the decisive lost piece.

#513 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 4 weeks ago

I've never seen the point of having cases about this stuff so would not punish anyone.

But Gary's case seems fairly solid and I don't like that Admin gets involved and kind of undermined MT authority.

If they want to give opinions about this they should just employ people to do it rather than question the volunteers.
  • GaryLShelton, Fairway, Edmond Dantes 1844 and 1 other like this

#514 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 4 weeks ago

I thought Admin is the same as the MT ?  

#515 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,496 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 4 weeks ago

Admin work for the company that maintains stratego.com. Moderators (Edmond Dantes 1844, Yellowhat, don mitsos) are community stratego players and volunteers who offer their time for the love of the game. Moderators open, decide, and close cases brought by players and communicate their decisions to admin, who then action those decisions by way of Action Requests.

At the risk of acting like I'm still on MT, I'll say that the DC immediately after losing a piece to GLS's colonel is pretty damning evidence. While Pizza77 certainly still had a chance to win the game, albeit a small one, he did not seem to think so and therefore DC'd. I'm not sure why this wouldn't be held against him. He lost a piece to the colonel and DC'd. 

It doesn't really matter if he has a chance to win or not if he Disconnects purposefully after losing a piece, which he did here.

And I agree wholeheartedly with Tober that admins reversing an MT decision (or "asking MT to reconsider"... I get the feeling that isn't exactly what happened here, but I could be completely wrong, and that is merely my suspicion) is not very appropriate, especially considering that the word of Pizza77 was apparently taken over the initial decision of MT which seems correct in my view.

At the end of the day none of it really matters though. Might as well not deduct points from anyone and just consider pizza77 warned.

• GaryLShelton likes this

3 months until flash goes bye-bye

#516 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 4 weeks ago

I thought the company could care less about the game let alone get involved in some case that some player opened. 

As for disconnectors, just click the damn surrender button, play the game out, or try to get a draw. 

#517 JJBB143

JJBB143

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm letting players know that I've played ""asfdg" mulitple times  on different occasions and everytime he has lotto'd or played like he knows my whole setup. So just a warning if anybody gets this player (I've lost so much elo to this guy) I find you do better if you change an already saved setup.

• Wnehme and BILL CARSON XII like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users