The Alias Register’s function is to have a complete list of unique (tournament) players, together with their possible aliases.
New tournament player
Any new tournament player wishing to register for a TC tournament is required to declare the following information by making a post in this thread stating the following things:
- GMT Timezone
- Country of residence
- The account names of all aliases that they hold (past or present) on Stratego.com that have played a game on this site in the last 18 months at the time of posting.
Any new/future accounts created by that player must also be disclosed in the Alias Register before any 40-piece game has been played on that account, no matter if that player is then playing in any tournament or not.
Existing tournament player
Any existing tournament player that has already declared all their accounts in a previous edition of the Alias Register (see below) does not need to make a new post, provided that they ensure that they have already declared all aliases that have played a 40-piece game on this site in the last 18 months before their initial post. Obviously, any new/future accounts created by that player must be disclosed in the Alias Register before any 40-piece game has been played on that account, no matter if that player is then playing in any tournament or not.
Previous editions of the Alias Register:
Alias and Player’s Information Registration
All accounts declared in the Alias Register together with the personal details (GMT Timezone, Country of residence and Nationality) will be registered in the ‘Database of the Alias Register’. This database will be updated 4 times in a year.
Link to the ‘Database of the Alias Register’: http://forum.strateg...alias-register/
The Alias Register Database is constructed in an Excel file, which is viewable via DropBox. Each unique player has one line, so an account must be searched for using ‘Ctrl+F’.
TC is not responsible for the correct spelling of all the (alias) names. TC has copied all the names provided in the Alias Register, but did not check them on the correct spelling.
Notes and Definitions
Carefully note the following things:
- If an account has played a 40-piece game within the last 18 months before their first post in the Alias Register, but is NOT posted in the Alias Register, you are still required to declare it. TC does accept that players may be unable to remember whether they played a game on an account years ago.
- Any tournament player that is found to have played a game on an alias not disclosed in the Alias Register risks a ban
- If, for any reason, you do not wish to disclose your GMT Timezone, Country of residence or Nationality, please contact a member of TC privately
- For increased transparency, editing of previous posts in the Alias Register is NOT permitted. Following from this, all new accounts must be declared in a new post and not just added to a dated post.
For the purposes of the Alias Register, any player who registers for any tournament is thereby considered a ‘tournament player’. As mentioned before, playing a 40-piece game on an undeclared account in between tournaments is considered a breach of the register, and you will therefore risk a ban.
Please be aware that it is the player’s responsibility of the player to update the Alias Register should they begin a new alias.
Each year, a new Alias Register for that year will be created by TC.
As of Tournament Committee's Policy §7. Alias Register