Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 636 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hello dear community,

As you may have noticed, we have a new admin since a few weeks now and he is quite open to discuss changes to make on the site and so on.

The objective of this tread is to agree on a few things that the community would like to be added, changed or removed. 

For my part I suggest to add a new league for 900+ ELO players and for 1100+ ELO in order to have some more objectives to archieve.

Let us know what you think about and if you have other ideas.

Greets

• Don_Homer and tobermoryx like this
I never lose, I win or I learn…

#2 UnladenSwallow

UnladenSwallow

Miner

• Other Tournaments Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

Fix the bugs. 

• Don_Homer and scottrussia like this

#3 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,809 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

- Rank reset once a year
- Mute penalty option, opposed to banning players for (mild) abusive chat behavior

Have an entire list of things somewhere, but would have to dig that up some time

^may be a bit too technical, though.

• Losermaker and roeczak like this

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

#4 udesab

udesab

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

A wake up button for the setup phase.

#5 Fully134

Fully134

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 2 weeks ago

remove the two standart bases On Guard and basicvo2 in the setup list lol

and the most important thing: being able to scroll down lists like friend list and leaderboard without scrolling the site down too :D

Edited by Fully134, 2 weeks ago.

• Don_Homer, TemplateRex and udesab like this

YouTube Channel:

T2wqc8v.png

#6 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 636 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

- Rank reset once a year
- Mute penalty option, opposed to banning players for (mild) abusive chat behavior

Have an entire list of things somewhere, but would have to dig that up some time

^may be a bit too technical, though.

rank reset for the whole accounts, or only dormants?

I never lose, I win or I learn…

#7 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,809 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

http://forum.strateg...-poll/?hl=reset

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

#8 The Achaean

The Achaean

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 2 weeks ago

Add new languages on platform (begin with ISF members like Greece, Belgium etc)
  • Fully134 likes this

zrerSKC.jpgPatras Stratego Team  member of Panhellenic Association

#9 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 2 weeks ago

Bugs yes.

Rank resets - that’s a joke right?

If the chance comes to actually implement something let’s not choose something that half the community are actually against.

There are some posts on the forum somewhere that list some worthwhile changes that no-one would argue against.
  • maxroelofs, Losermaker, TemplateRex and 2 others like this

#10 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 2 weeks ago

Regarding changes the site owners should do what is right.

I just edited this post to clarify my opinion, as it initially seemed a bit hostile to Theo and the people who liked his post. This was because I recalled Nortrom's proposal as an anti alias measure, and so assumed criticism of it was pro alias.

Now I think back, while Nortom's reset proposal was annoying to the multi accounters (imagine creating 25 aliases that are all on 100 elo), it was more about rejuvenating the site, so that everyone had something to compete for in terms of rankings and leader boards.  I think it would certainly work very well in that way, and is appealing to me, but I remember the objections of players who don't get to play so often and who would be dismayed that their gradual progress would be set to naught. So I agree these objections have to be listened to.

If you have an issue such as aliases then these are inherently wrong in themselves, and are also the cause of many other issues that people complain of.

So with something like that there should not be any 'forum vote', the admins should just implement a ban on aliases regardless of any objections.

Edited by tobermoryx, 2 weeks ago.

#11 paulgureghian

paulgureghian

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

When I win, I want the win to register in my Win column. 

#12 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 2 weeks ago

So for me removing alias and dormant accounts would be the number 1 thing.

Having different badge colours for players who reach 900 or 1100 is not a bad idea, but the leader boards are of no interest while they are crammed with aliases.

People who play the quick arena should have their own elo and leaderboard is another thing.

Also an auto draw after 200 non capture moves (or whatever would be most appropriate).

• TemplateRex and udesab like this

#13 MG_Earp

MG_Earp

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 2 weeks ago

My proposal is adding of button "force draw" if 100 not capturing moves is played, any player can press "force draw" when this limit is reaches. Game is draw and opponent don't need to agree.

This is fair solution because people will need to play and attack otherwise opponent can force them in draw. Similar to chess when king stay alone on board, opponent need to beat him in 50 of his moves otherwise is draw.

Offer draw expanded to 5 times.
  • Don_Homer and DavidGR77 like this

#14 UnladenSwallow

UnladenSwallow

Miner

• Other Tournaments Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

My proposal is adding of button "force draw" if 100 not capturing moves is played, any player can press "force draw" when this limit is reaches. Game is draw and opponent don't need to agree.

This is fair solution because people will need to play and attack otherwise opponent can force them in draw. Similar to chess when king stay alone on board, opponent need to beat him in 50 of his moves otherwise is draw.

Offer draw expanded to 5 times.

This will be abused by idiots who will purposely waste 99 moves. 

#15 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 2 weeks ago

If they are willing to do actual programming work, then I agree to fix the bugs.  Especially, the one that kicks you out during a game and when you re-enter you've lost. 

If they are only talking about "cosmetic" changes.  Then I'd vote for changing the setup time, and depending on how hard it is to do - reducing the move time from 15 seconds to 5 or 10.

• Don_Homer and udesab like this

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#16 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,493 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

A big improvement in the site would be to add clock settings in friendly games (which can be used in tournaments)

Adding an option to adjust 1. buffer time 2. move time and 3 . game clock would help not only to have better tournaments but also introduce players to how live tournaments work . Addditionally would help to find the best clock settings for the live tournaments through online games, in order limitation of stallers and draws due the use of clocks.

• Don_Homer and Fully134 like this

#17 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

I support the ideas of US, Scott and Karaiskakis above. So:

- Fix the bugs (also the bug that you cant buy battlecoins, that could give them some money too!
- reducing move time and increasing buffer time (of all games or only with friendlies for tournaments whatever suits best to community/MT/Admins.

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#18 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 2 weeks ago

I’d throw Double Chase blocking into the mix.
  • Don_Homer and Losermaker like this

#19 Losermaker

Losermaker

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,017 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

If it's programming changes (which I am hoping it is) then:
1. I'd like to see valid email and blocking of multiple accounts under the same IP as a step toward alias removal.
2. various bug fixes
3. Nortrom's mute option for players like trickz.
4. D/m chasing or game clocks.

#20 SQA

SQA

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted A week ago

1. Hidden identity in ranked games. The opponent's name, ELO, the number of wins and losses, and the win/loss ratio must be hidden until the very end of the game. Only the level (i.e. whether the opponent is bronze, silver, gold or platinum) is revealed at the beginning of the game. This will solve the problem of cheating by collecting information from prior games and using multiple aliases. Without knowing who the opponent is, one cannot use information learned from prior games. Hiding behind aliases will be pointless. Everybody will be able to use his or her favorite setup over and over, without fear of running into opponents who recorded that setup from prior games. Stratego is all about unpredictability, and that's where Stratego.com can really shine. By hiding the opponent's identity, it will be impossible to predict anything whatsoever, so the ELOs will represent the true level of skills. Because this feature is very easy to implement, and because it immediately solves the most important and ongoing problem of cheating, this should be #1 priority. Obviously, once this is implemented, ELOs of all players must be reset.

2. Mandatory draw option when a player makes a draw offer, and then within the next 10 minutes not a single piece has been removed from the board. It would be really nice to have the 10-minute timer displayed. The timer starts running from the moment the draw offer is rejected. The timer disappears when a piece is removed. Once the timer hits zero, the player who made the offer has an option to terminate the game with the draw. Should be really easy to implement.

3. Block d/m chasing. Not sure about multiple chasing, but at least double chasing should be easy to implement.

Edited by SQA, A week ago.

• Don_Homer and josephwhite like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users