General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,805 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:20 AM

NOTE: THIS IS A >> QUESTIONS << THREAD, NOT A DISCUSSION ONE

Questions can be posted in this thread. Some Q & A:

Q: How can I contact one of the WC team members?
A: Skype addresses are:
Karaiskakis: 
Spoiler
Morx:
Spoiler
Nortrom: 
Spoiler
Texaspete09: 
Spoiler

Q: I am playing against someone who does not accept a draw, what now?
A:
1. Suggest a draw using the chat function, sending a draw-request will take up one draw request which can be annoying if both players are out of draw-requests (please take a screenshot of this request, including the pieces on the board, graveyard and current time)
2. Give this player some time to get his pieces in the right position and such. 10 min without any progress ( pieces taken, or important change of position ) is considered a waste of time. Note that 10 min and 5 sec is acceptable, if change is happening. 
3. If 10 mins have passed without any change, you may contact a WC team member (if available) via Skype or Stratego.com chat ( or any other way you can contact ). And ask them to watch the game using Skype screenshare.
4. If 3 isn't possible, after 10mins have passed without any change, you can write to your opponent, that you are giving up this game (screenshot it!) and will contact the WC team about the game. NOTE: IF YOU DECIDE TO TAKE CHANCES, AND THEN CLAIM A DRAW BASED ON 10 MINUTE "RULE", YOU HAVE FORFEITED YOUR RIGHTS TO CLAIM A DRAW.

Another option, is to record the game, if no WCO member is available. This is prefered over screenshots!

Please note: "important change of position" is not 100% objective, but as baseline the following can be used:
- No different position(s) for piece(s);
- Piece(s) walking in the same area non-stop;

Q: How does swiss perfect work?
A: http://pmjn.nl/Onlin...tratego WC.docx ( requires a .docx reader )

Q: Why Swiss Perfect?
A: It is used in live tournaments and the software has proven to be capable of handling things such as:
- Byes;
- Withdraws;
- Puts players with similair results against eachother;
- Inbuilt tiebreaker system which can not be manipulated;
- Everyone can simulate the tournament in order to test whethere there was any fraud or not, if using the software the same way the WC team does, same entry of results etc, the simulation should have the exact same result as the real tournament;
- Offers a lot of information such as crosstables ( overview of who played who and the result ) and such.

Q: Is there an entry fee?
A: No

Q: Must all games be played on Stratego.com?
A: Yes

Q: Why 2 weeks per round?
A: 1 week is probably not enough to get every game going, keep in mind that Swiss Perfect requires each match to be completed ( or atleast have a result ) in order to advance to the next round

Q: I found an inconsistency in the rules, what to do?
A: Please contact the WC team by private message

Q: I feel my opponent isn't showing any effort to get a game played
A: Don't worry, the rules have this covered

Q: The rules seem very strict, why?
A: The rules should not be seen as a law, we like to offer as much as transparency as possible so players know based on what we will take decisions

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

#2 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm considering... time/availability is my biggest concern, but two weeks for one match seems doable. Around when is this scheduled to begin?

#3 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,805 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

^ moved to questions, from sign-up page.

Spoiler

#4 DavidGR77

DavidGR77

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted A week ago

Hello, I have a couple of doubts about the ranking. First of all is about the following rule:

4. Other online WC / useful information

4.1. Pairings will be made using Swiss Perfect, using the ranking list which can be found at: https://greg.kleier....l=0&nat[]=all 

Unranked participants will have a starting ranking of 600. It might occur that there is an odd number, in which case one participant will have a so called bye (worth 6 points), Swiss Perfect will decide who this participant is. A participant may receive a maximum of 1 bye during the online WC. More details and information about how SP works can be found in the questions thread thread.

What does "Unranked participants will have a starting ranking of 600?" Aren´t we sorted following our ELO at the site?

The second:

1. Requirements

1.1. The online WC is open for anyone willing to participate as long as the participant has an ELO rating of 250 or better at the time when he signs up.

My current ELO is 263, the same as when I took part in CL and I haven´t played ranked since then. I am above 250 but, if I play ranked and get below 250 by the time incriptions are close, would I be our WCO?

#5 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,805 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

^moved from WCO discussion to here.

No, the sorting will be done based on this ranking: https://greg.kleier....sel=0&nat[]=all

If you don't have a ranking, you'll be set to 600 score

You'd still be in. The rule is mainly to prevent people from signing up who don't know how the platform works.

#6 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,805 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A day ago

For those wondering what happened to their "special characters" (for example: Sem van Geffen☆, Napoleon 2ème), those special characters give technical complications to our match PM generating tool, thus have been left out.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users