New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 04 August 2019 - 06:56 AM

Hello all,

It was a little time ago i played stratego online and there is a change that i don't like.

I have to sacrifice my troops because the "defender" cannot switch fields more then 3 times in a row.

The attacker has always an advantage on this way.

Is there something I can do about it? or did i play stratego wrong the whole time?

And are there more players that have trouble with this?

Greetz,

Calvinier

#2 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,269 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 04 August 2019 - 01:20 PM

Hello,

this is called the "two square rule". It is an official and proper rule of the game and one that is necessary to master to progress out of bronze and silver.

The rule states that a piece cannot move back and forth between the same two squares more than 3 times. It may move across three or more  squares as many times as it likes, but it cannot for two squares. The nature of this rule is to prevent endless evasion/chasing by one party (attafcker/defender) or both, and is not skewed toward the attacker. If the attacker's piece approaches yours head on, by say moving down to threaten your piece, then the attacker has the two-square advantage. However, if the attacker's piece approaches your from the side, moving left or right to threaten your piece, then YOU have the two-square advantage and the attacker cannot capture it.

• MG_Earp likes this
WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users