KnightofPepsi

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

Fairway in your opinion what does it mean to be conservative? We are all Americans aren't we. I don't want to demonize anyone for their beliefs. The government doesn't do much of anything at all except give tax breaks to the wealthy and take care of the elderly and the poor. We can't all be winners.

State governments are just as corrupt as any so I wouldn't invest much hope in them. We've had strong State's rights and that lead to a civil war, Jim Crow, segregation and the continued oppression of people of color to this day. Now the White Supremacists were just waiting for a POTUS to give them legitimacy so they could come out of the shadows. He blew their dog whistle and they came to attention. We don't seem to learn from our mistakes of the past. Last night he condemned White Nationalists, but didn't apologize for his own racist statements. He cannot put the genie back in the bottle.

I am as disenfranchised as you are, but we cannot wish it weren't so. We live in a duopoly and that will not change any time soon.

I agree that state governments are just as corrupt, as are many municipal governments. I suppose my statement was more based on idealistic principle. People in New York live much differently from people in Wyoming, hence it does not always make sense for them to be subject to all of the same laws.

"continued oppression of people of color to this day"   do you mean from a cultural perspective? Otherwise, I'm not sure how current state laws continue to oppress people of color.

One of the ugly things about racism as well as other forms of hatred are that they have existed since the fall of man and will continue to exist until the end of our time. They will exist regardless of the law, who is in office, or the cultural news of the day. This does not justify racism or racists by any means. It doesn't mean we shouldn't speak out against it and hold racists accountable. But unfortunately, racism as well as other forms of hatred will continue to exist. Sad, but true. We can each do our part to overcome hatred with love.

That said, many liberal leaders need to stop playing the "race" card on issues that have nothing to do with race. It's just another tactic to distract and manipulate their sheep.

#22 17761776

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

I am convinced that Trump will be reelected in 2020 despite his unseemly behavior. His supporters are unwavering and the Electoral College will favor him. I am a neutral observer.

We're still a long way from November 2020.

Trump is a dude who just won because of electoral college. Clinton totally deserved it. Trump is nothing without electoral college.

My love for Great Britain shall never cease.

#23 17761776

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

Fairway in your opinion what does it mean to be conservative? We are all Americans aren't we. I don't want to demonize anyone for their beliefs. The government doesn't do much of anything at all except give tax breaks to the wealthy and take care of the elderly and the poor. We can't all be winners.

State governments are just as corrupt as any so I wouldn't invest much hope in them. We've had strong State's rights and that lead to a civil war, Jim Crow, segregation and the continued oppression of people of color to this day. Now the White Supremacists were just waiting for a POTUS to give them legitimacy so they could come out of the shadows. He blew their dog whistle and they came to attention. We don't seem to learn from our mistakes of the past. Last night he condemned White Nationalists, but didn't apologize for his own racist statements. He cannot put the genie back in the bottle.

I am as disenfranchised as you are, but we cannot wish it weren't so. We live in a duopoly and that will not change any time soon.

Racism is not good, but trump is the pot calling the kettle black. lol

#24 17761776

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

A lot of people dislike Trump by now. If there is a nice Democratic candidate, Trump will not end up as the President!

I completely agree and I would have loved to give this 10 likes.

#25 17761776

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

Wrong. The Koch Brothers hate Trump. They only support Republicans in the house and Senate. 

Many republicans despise Trump. He was not invited to George Bush's funeral.

#26 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,252 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 2 weeks ago

Trump is a dude who just won because of electoral college. Clinton totally deserved it. Trump is nothing without electoral college.

This is a common, but in my opinion, flawed assertion. The election would have played out so much differently if it was based on popular vote. The candidates would campaign different. Trump would visit the deep blue states, like New York, rest of the northeast, Oregon and Washington, and even (shudder) California. Clinton would have made trips to the deep south and Bible belt. What happens with the electoral college is that people in very partisan states (whether red or blue states) would be less motivated to vote especially if their vote would be joining the losing side of their state's vote (that's me! yay!) In a popular vote election, a lot of disinterested and useless Republicans in California and other states may have voted, same for Democrats in deep red states in the west and south. Point is, the election campaign would be run very differently, and swing states would not be visited so much- they're just like any other state. So it's not fair to say Clinton deserved it. The election campaign would have been totally different.

That's a bit of a mischaracterization. Trump's approval rating is very constantly measured in the low 90s among Republicans. According to polls collected by 538 (fivethirtyeight), Trump averages 91% of the GOP primary vote in 2020 (polls say 89%, 90%, 91%, 92%) with his other rivals, William Weld (the liberal former governor of Mass, at 6%) and Mark Sanford (who??, 2%) trailing far behind.  A huge majority of Republicans support Trump. I think the Bushes were a little bitter over Trump's singlehanded decimation of Jeb Bush's 2016 campaign.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#27 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think Trump had a lot of help from Roger Ailes (may he be reborn as a cockroach) and Fox News. All that free airtime was priceless. He will win again as Americans in general don't like change. "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't." I wonder if he understands that his racist comments really affect our standing in the world and strike fear into many Americans. I know I am afraid.

The rest of the world recoils in horror.

He may be a clown, but he is our clown. I don't know what I would do if he weren't a buffoon as I love how Stephen Colbert and Trevor Noah eviscerate him on a nightly basis. He couldn't even remember the difference between Toledo and Dayton. 

Stop selling guns would be a good start to stopping mass shootings. It would also reduce suicides and domestic murders. No one ever got shot by a man wielding a knife. The automatic rifles are not protected by the second amendment. They are protected by the NRA.

Can't make sense of these killings? That is because they are senseless. It's premeditated murder. Guns that we made when the Constitution was written were flintlocks. Now they are military grade weapons of mass murder.

#28 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

That's a bit of a mischaracterization. Trump's approval rating is very constantly measured in the low 90s among Republicans. According to polls collected by 538 (fivethirtyeight), Trump averages 91% of the GOP primary vote in 2020 (polls say 89%, 90%, 91%, 92%) with his other rivals, William Weld (the liberal former governor of Mass, at 6%) and Mark Sanford (who??, 2%) trailing far behind.  A huge majority of Republicans support Trump. I think the Bushes were a little bitter over Trump's singlehanded decimation of Jeb Bush's 2016 campaign.

This sounds really like a bias of facts Fairway. I think its far more interesting to know how the whole country is viewing Trump and I have read that the numbers that support him have decreased. Do you have numbers on that one and in comparison with other presidents? Lets keep the discussion a bit Neutral and not a one side commercial for Trump and the other side commercial for the Democrats cause nobody is interested in that (they can just watch American television). 

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#29 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 902 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think your not making a good case here for your argument :). There are far more signicant reasons though why more and more people doesnt like Trump. These are (among others: Foreign affairs, Twitter behaviour, speeches, impulsive behaviour, lack of empathy, his problem with criticm, all people he has problems with in cooperation etc. 

#30 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,252 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 2 weeks ago

This sounds really like a bias of facts Fairway. I think its far more interesting to know how the whole country is viewing Trump and I have read that the numbers that support him have decreased. Do you have numbers on that one and in comparison with other presidents? Lets keep the discussion a bit Neutral and not a one side commercial for Trump and the other side commercial for the Democrats cause nobody is interested in that (they can just watch American television). 

Don, you misunderstand. I am well aware that Trump is historically unpopular among the US as a whole. I was addressing 17761776's post about Republican's dislike for Trump by showing Trump's approval among Republicans alone. Of course it's far lower among all.

• Don_Homer likes this
WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#31 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

Stop selling guns would be a good start to stopping mass shootings. It would also reduce suicides and domestic murders. No one ever got shot by a man wielding a knife. The automatic rifles are not protected by the second amendment. They are protected by the NRA.

Can't make sense of these killings? That is because they are senseless. It's premeditated murder. Guns that we made when the Constitution was written were flintlocks. Now they are military grade weapons of mass murder.

If you truly support banning the sale of guns, then I hope you are also ready to ban cars, knives, poisons and anything else that people use to commit mass murder. You would also need to ban the importation of illegal guns from cartel...

Knives (real knives with sharp blades) are more deadly than guns at a short distance.

Automatic rifles are very difficult to own legally. Whole different ballgame than semi-automatics.

So you think the founding fathers would have supported the notion of a disarmed public while retaining an armed government shortly after they had just overthrown a corrupt, tyrannical government? Just because the arms have evolved?

If you think you can just legislate these problems away, why not just make it against the law to kill? Problem solved.

• Fairway likes this

#32 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

Too late to ban guns. We will just have to live with random mass murders and a Government that does nothing because that is our culture. 

• Don_Homer likes this

#33 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

I noticed that Tulsi Gabbard is getting a lot of late night TV spots as well as joining many podcasts, but can it move her up? Even Andrew Yang is getting good press. I'd like to see 15 contestants drop out and have only 5 on stage at a time in a debate. I have seen a little of Biden, but Bernie, Warren and Kamala are getting no love from TV. America loves the underdog.

TV coverage is why I pick Trump.

#34 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 902 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

TV coverage is candidates who denigrate each other more and more. TV should be about bringing people together not diverse them. 

#35 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

Too late to ban guns. We will just have to live with random mass murders and a Government that does nothing because that is our culture. 

With all due respect, what can a government do to stop random mass murders that are, by definition, random?

#36 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted A week ago

With all due respect, what can a government do to stop random mass murders that are, by definition, random?

Nothing can be done Knight. The genie is out of the bottle and all you can do is be hyper vigilant when in crowded areas. These mass shootings are not going to stop. Just get used to it. 

As Pink Floyd said "I have become Comfortably Numb."

I don't have any answers, but Elizabeth Warren has a plan....

#37 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,412 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted A week ago

Psychtropic drugs contribute to some of these incidents.

Stephen Paddock, the shooter in Las Vegas, was on meds. The doctor down at Fort Hood 10 years ago on November 5th, 2009 was doped up on some of his own drugs when he killed over a dozen people and wounded 30 more.

The kids at Columbine were likewise juiced up on prescription drugs.

According to Constitutional lawyer Jonathan Emord, "By FDA’s own admission, they increase the incidence of suicidal thoughts and violent behavior in kids." So it's very possible that there's an important part of the story of mass springs that they are aided by drugs. The Emord quote above is from the following article: https://anh-usa.org/...ychiatric-meds/

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#38 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted A week ago

Does the Donald appear more addle brained than usual? Shades of Ronald Reagan IMO. We still have 23 Democratic hopefuls all wanting to give your hard earned money to the poor, the elderly and worst of all the immigrants. Bunch of deadbeats the whole lot of them. Let's pay out SS as promised to the old folks and for kids just entering the workforce, they can opt out. We'll just keep printing more money to back the debts we have.

Edited by queenbee1, A week ago.

#39 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,412 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 3 days ago

All the trade war stuff with China is very worrisome. It is rocking the boat of the monetary system. We've amazingly held onto our current money system despite dire warnings for over 20 years. I don't feel some limited tariffs on our side will serve to bring industry back to the USA. Moving things back here would require confidence from execs that those tariffs would remain in place. Right now no such assurance can be had, I think.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#40 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 2 days ago

Gary remember the Carrier plant he supposedly saved? They still fired everyone and brought in automation. Humans are becoming obsolete. Maybe those jobless folks will still vote for Trump.

Edited by queenbee1, 2 days ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users