queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 3 weeks ago

I am convinced that Trump will be reelected in 2020 despite his unseemly behavior. His supporters are unwavering and the Electoral College will favor him. I am a neutral observer.

We're still a long way from November 2020.

#2 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,252 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 3 weeks ago

I also think he will be reelected. Democrats have not fielded a decent candidate.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#3 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,748 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hopefully both of you are right :D.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

eOMDNAj.png

#4 Yellowhat

Yellowhat

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 670 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes probably, how would you choose between more than 20 democrats?  :D

Yellowhat is the literal translation of my surname.

#5 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes, I fear 4 more years with this clown.

• Don_Homer likes this

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt

#6 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,252 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 3 weeks ago

Maybe someone will find my debate notes interesting.

Was definitely waiting for at least one democratic candidate to take a knee while they sang the anthem before the debate last night. Tim Ryan, effectively a no-chance candidate, looked so out-of-place as the only one who kept his hands folded. I suppose it must have been something to do with trying to gain publicity among a crowded field.

Steve Bullock, another no-chance, emphasized that he was a "progressive" during the debate, but that's a far cry from his entire entire tenure and anything he's ever done. He's been rated as a "moderate" by WaPo and ABC, a "centrist" by NYT, and as a "moderate liberitarian liberal by ontheissues.org.

I struggle to find any substance behind Marianne Williamson's arguments, and I really find it hard to believe she knows what she's talking about once they get to economics.

Talk about mud-slinging with John Delaney and John Hickenlooper  :lol:

I still just can't fathom how/why democrats talk about the rule of law, apparently referencing Donald Trump and Russia. Can't they recognize how hypocritical that is, with Clinton, Comey, McCabe, etc.?

And speaking of ridiculousness... I can't believed they mentioned the 12 years before the world ends due to climate change! lol Maybe they're hoping for AOC's endorsement, but beyond that, that's a position that should be taken with a grain of salt. I thought everything was supposed to be underwater 20 years ago. Yet what happened? Pretty much, no change at all. So now we have a 12 year doomsday clock that will likely serve as another laughingstock to the future generations.

Also pretty funny to me how Bernie Sanders referneces the "evil" corporations, but then points the finger at Amazon, which is anything but a conservative business. The owner of Amazon, Jeff Bezos, also owns WaPo, so...yeah.  

And of course Bernie can't resist pulling the racist card, but it is pretty funny to see that type of mud-slinging coming from some 80-year-old guy. 

Moderator: "Senator Sanders, what do you say to congressman Delaney?

Sanders: "You're WRONG!"  :lol:  (because we all know that government run stuff is the best)... :rolleyes:

But if Canada's so great... why not move there? I was sooo disappointed when all those celebs didn't follow through with their word and move to another country after Trump got elected. At least Madonna did.  :wacko:

Progressives vs. Delaney... who said politics wasn't uniting? :)

So wait... I thought Bullock was a "progressive"... but now he's rallying against taking away private insurance? Pick a side!

Jake Tapper keeps asking candidates if they would support raising taxed on the middle class to provide medicare for all.. but I don't think he got a clear answer once.

And is that Williamson who keeps trying to interrupt every candidate after they talk about healthcare because she wants a shot to talk? lol!

Tapper: "Is Senator Warren correct? Do you [Amy Klobuchar] just lack the will to fight for medicare for all?" lol, is she supposed to say yes to the question..?

• Yellowhat likes this

#7 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 458 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 3 weeks ago

I am convinced that Trump will be reelected in 2020 despite his unseemly behavior. His supporters are unwavering and the Electoral College will favor him. I am a neutral observer.

We're still a long way from November 2020.

I believe there are many more people that disgree with him than agree with him.  But unfortunately, I agree that his supporters are unwavering and will go out to vote for him no matter what.  If everybody votes, Trump loses in a landslide.  Unfortunately, the average voter on the left isn't as passionate and more likely to stay home.  It will be an interesting race.

• Don_Homer likes this

#8 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well that was somewhat biased don't you think Fairway? A lot of words were exchanged and with 24 people running for office it's not very conducive to anything that resembles a real debate. If was just a dog and pony show with some talking points and sound bites. I am waiting for there to be two. I don't really know what that was that I watched last night, but it wasn't a debate. More of a spectacle.

Trump is far funnier than the dems

This link is just funny.

Edited by queenbee1, 3 weeks ago.

• Don_Homer likes this

#9 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Perhaps if the Democrats hadn't converted from Liberalism to Leftism and had a serious candidate, they would be the favourites to win the next election.
  • Nortrom likes this

#10 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,252 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well that was somewhat biased don't you think Fairway?

Well of course! Unlike the MSM, I don't claim to be independent/unbiased. We all know the MSM is skewed toward Republicans, as clearly evidenced by Jake Tapper's "Republican talking points".  ;)  :rolleyes:

#11 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well of course! Unlike the MSM, I don't claim to be independent/unbiased. We all know the MSM is skewed toward Republicans, as clearly evidenced by Jake Tapper's "Republican talking points".  ;)  :rolleyes:

Just kidding of course. We all have opinions and should feel free to express them. It was a bit like the MSM if they can all be lumped together. We're a right leaning country and I think it's good to have a left leaning press to keep those in power in check.

#12 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 3 weeks ago

Will be interesting once there is voted a democrat to rally against Trump. 

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#13 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

Follow the money. Debates are not where the money is. Biden is polling #1 is second behind Mayor Pete in money.

Who has the money?

Lest we forget that the Koch Brothers and Fox News will stop at nothing to get Trump re-elected and he already has 59 million for his re-election. He'll have 500 million when the big money rolls in. 

What the debate does is give Trump ammunition. He knows how to turn out the whites who think this is their country. Another White Supremacist goes on a murder spree.

Just over a week after FBI director Christopher Wray told the Senate that most domestic terrorist arrests in 2019 thus far have involved white nationalism, a shooter who aimed to attack “as many Mexicans as possible” killed 20 at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas on Saturday. 

It should be called a Mass Murder not mass shooting

We are all to blame. We don't read papers or books. We don't know what the truth is anymore as Trump calls all criticism fake news. We have no use for history. We are afraid of death because we have so much to lose. We are the reverse Robin Hood stealing from the poor to giving to the rich. It's a great country to be rich in. When you are rich or have a good paying job with health benefits they don't worry about college loans or getting sick. They can buy a stairway to heaven.

Edited by queenbee1, 2 weeks ago.

#14 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,349 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Jeb Bush had the money 4 years ago.

#15 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,252 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 2 weeks ago

Lest we forget that the Koch Brothers and Fox News will stop at nothing to get Trump re-elected 

Wrong. The Koch Brothers hate Trump. They only support Republicans in the house and Senate. 

#16 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

A lot of people dislike Trump by now. If there is a nice Democratic candidate, Trump will not end up as the President!

• 17761776 likes this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#17 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

Wrong. The Koch Brothers hate Trump. They only support Republicans in the house and Senate. 

Hate is a strong word. Much of the multimillion dollar Koch empire is built on donor anonymity based on the use of tax-exempt organizations that do not have to publicly report contributors.

The Kochs are longtime opponents of campaign disclosure laws. Unlike the parties, their network is constructed chiefly of nonprofit groups that are not required to reveal donors. That makes it almost impossible to tell how much of the money is provided by the Kochs — among the wealthiest men in the country — and how much by other donors.

Nonetheless, there is a functional Trump-Koch alliance, and the Republican Party has capitalized handsomely on it. Trump’s racially freighted, anti-immigrant rhetoric has been essential to persuading white voters to agree to Republicans’ long-sought tax and regulatory policies. These policies are inimical or irrelevant to the interests of low- and moderate-income Americans. They have been promulgated by the Trump administration, but many of them have been meticulously prepared and packaged by the Kochs’ massive political network.

2014 Washington Post story described the Koch political empire as a “labyrinth of tax-exempt groups and limited-liability companies” designed to “mask the sources of the money.” Much of this money continues to go to voter mobilization and television ads and financing the construction and maintenance of some of the most sophisticated and detailed voter lists anywhere.

The Kochs are the power behind the throne of Republican politics.

#18 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,252 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 2 weeks ago

Don't have time to read /repsond to all of that. However in 2016 the Koch brothers refused to donate money to Trump's presidential campaign instead they donated almost 900$ million, all they had raised, to help the GOP in Senate and House elections.

furthermore the political ideaologies of the Koch brothers is very close to that of a hard core liberitarian. They are liberal on social issues and that means they only support half of what conservatives should stand for. As a result of this and their unwillingness to support Trump I am not a big fan.

#19 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

The Democratic candidates are all at each other's throats now, but once they have their primary candidate they will all throw their support behind him/her and claim they have loved and supported that person all along. Both parties do this. Hypocrites.

Both parties will spew slander, lies, and garbage at each other in their best effort to deceive the public. Truth and facts have no place in our politics because they often get in the way of a good story. Liars.

Like the politicians, the media will seek not the truth but whatever makes a good story. Tools.

I don't get very excited about politics or elections because I often find them to be a lose/lose. The US desperately needs to abandon this two-party mindset, and the people need to elect politicians who will give power back to the people. Our founding fathers would be disgusted to see the current state of politics in the US.

Pro-tip for politicians: don't call voters who support your opponent deplorables, racists and misogynists. This does NOT make them want to vote for you, or for others in your party.

I'm a conservative libertarian. I believe in minimal government, leaving power to the states whenever possible, and personal liberties. I also believe in fiscal responsibility.  Like I said... I don't get too excited about most elections....

• Don_Homer likes this

#20 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

Don't have time to read /repsond to all of that. However in 2016 the Koch brothers refused to donate money to Trump's presidential campaign instead they donated almost 900$ million, all they had raised, to help the GOP in Senate and House elections.

furthermore the political ideaologies of the Koch brothers is very close to that of a hard core liberitarian. They are liberal on social issues and that means they only support half of what conservatives should stand for. As a result of this and their unwillingness to support Trump I am not a big fan.

Fairway in your opinion what does it mean to be conservative? We are all Americans aren't we. I don't want to demonize anyone for their beliefs. The government doesn't do much of anything at all except give tax breaks to the wealthy and take care of the elderly and the poor. We can't all be winners.

The Democratic candidates are all at each other's throats now, but once they have their primary candidate they will all throw their support behind him/her and claim they have loved and supported that person all along. Both parties do this. Hypocrites.

Both parties will spew slander, lies, and garbage at each other in their best effort to deceive the public. Truth and facts have no place in our politics because they often get in the way of a good story. Liars.

Like the politicians, the media will seek not the truth but whatever makes a good story. Tools.

I don't get very excited about politics or elections because I often find them to be a lose/lose. The US desperately needs to abandon this two-party mindset, and the people need to elect politicians who will give power back to the people. Our founding fathers would be disgusted to see the current state of politics in the US.

Pro-tip for politicians: don't call voters who support your opponent deplorables, racists and misogynists. This does NOT make them want to vote for you, or for others in your party.

I'm a conservative libertarian. I believe in minimal government, leaving power to the states whenever possible, and personal liberties. I also believe in fiscal responsibility.  Like I said... I don't get too excited about most elections....

State governments are just as corrupt as any so I wouldn't invest much hope in them. We've had strong State's rights and that lead to a civil war, Jim Crow, segregation and the continued oppression of people of color to this day. Now the White Supremacists were just waiting for a POTUS to give them legitimacy so they could come out of the shadows. He blew their dog whistle and they came to attention. We don't seem to learn from our mistakes of the past. Last night he condemned White Nationalists, but didn't apologize for his own racist statements. He cannot put the genie back in the bottle.

I am as disenfranchised as you are, but we cannot wish it weren't so. We live in a duopoly and that will not change any time soon.

Edited by queenbee1, 2 weeks ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users