Photo
- - - - -

"Defeat" appeared on the screen accidentally!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FGP_

FGP_

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted A week ago

Yesterday evening, I got a DEFEAT message during a quick arena game I had against a player called "PREDICMAN" without any reason. In fact, I had my last piece (a miner) in the game and I was going to take my opponent's open flag pretty soon as he was defending it with just his marshal and by doing 3-places-chasing against me repeatedly. I can't really understand why I got a DEFEAT message in this certain case.

Please have a look at it below in the link:

https://imgur.com/a/QxDuoxE

Waiting for your corrective actions,

FGP_

1st Patras Stratego Champion 2019

#2 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,201 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted A week ago

That is an exceptionally odd case. At first glance it would make sense that your miner was unable to move, having perhaps gone between the same three squares three times in a row. This would trigger a defeat in that manner. But, it was, oddly enough, your opponent's turn when you received the defeat message, while it would have only made sense if the defeat message had been presented when it was your turn to move. Furthermore, there is nothing stopping your miner from moving to G10 from H10 even if your miner can't move to H9 again because of the 2 squares rule.

A very weird case overall. However, we can't do anything about it because admins are unable to adjust win/loss records.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users