• German Tournament Manager
  • 147 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 April 2019 - 03:56 PM

LIVE STRATEGO Tournament in Switzerland
29th of June 2019 – Save the date !!!

Informations :
Place : Basel (CH) The tournament will take place at Congress Center Chrischona (address: Chrischonarain 200; 4126 Bettingen; Switzerland)
Date : 29.06.2019 (10.40 - 19.00)
Organisers : Sébastien Crot (Napoleon 2ème) John Haefele (Jesus_Saves)
Arbiter : Mark Kunin
Cost of participation : EUR / CHF 10.- / person

Shedule :
10.00 – 10.40 Arrival and Opening words
10.45 - 13.00 First and Second Match
13.00 - 14.00 Lunch Break
14.05 - 15.05 Third Match
15.10 - 16.10 Fourth Match
16.10 - 16.25 Break
16.25 - 17.25 Fifth Match
17.30 - 18.30 Sixth Match
18.30 - 19.00 Celebration of winners
19.00 End

Rules :
Swiss Perfect System, ISF rules and ISF tournament rules
A victory gives 6 points, a draw 3 and a loss 1
Buch and M-Buch are applied

Travel :
Air: Euroairport Basel (Easyjet) or Zuerich Airport
Train: Basel (Badischer Bahnhof)
Car: (make sure you exit on German side Weil am Rhein) else you would have to pay CHF 40.- for using the Swiss Highways.
Pickup service can be organized from Basel Airport and Basel train station (contact John for details)

If you have special food requirements please let John know. In order to make the day affordable we will organise the food (plan is currently Cheese fondue, Meat fondue, Wok)

For those of you coming from abroad: Accommodation can be provided at Johns house (1 single bed, 2 x double bed, about 5-6 mattress) and also hotels / rooms can be offered (ca. EUR 80.- in Germany)
We will try to help top ranked players from abroad with the finances to enable them participate in this tournament. If you want to contribute to this (sponsoring) or are in need of support please let either John or Sebastien know

John Haefele e-mail john.haefele@mail.de - mobil: +49-172-6775215
Sebastien Crot e-mail sebastien.crot@outlook.com mobil +41 76 432 57 03

Please pre-register by e-mail to either John or Sebastien
Looking forward to see you soon in Switzerland
  • Fairway, OVERLORD, Master Mind and 4 others like this

#2 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 868 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:00 PM

I'll be in Zurich around that time so I will see if I can come.

• Yellowhat and Napoleon 2ème like this
I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#3 OVERLORD

OVERLORD

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 745 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:15 PM

I am quite interesting. :)
  • Yellowhat and Napoleon 2ème like this
STRATEGO CAPTAINS CLUB ~ the strongest team of Greece

#4 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Swiss Tournament Manager
  • 524 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:45 PM

There are some flights with easy jet which comes to Basel, so the prices should be reasonable.

For those who don't know, Basel is a city in the North of Switzerland very close to Germany and France. The language spoken by the people living there is usually the Swiss - German

Concerning the city, it is quite turistic and there are several things to see !

Hope to see you all there for the first Swiss Tournament !

I never lose, I win or I learn…

#5 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 01 April 2019 - 05:52 PM

The schedule seems a bit long. In the Netherlands, 6 round tournaments start at 10:45, with 55 minutes per round (including 5m setup) at 12’04" Bronstein pace. Usually, the next round starts 5m after all games have ended. Can’t remember ever finishing after 1745. A 1hr lunch is nice though :) Anyway, finishing earlier might make it easier for people to do a one-day trip.

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#6 OVERLORD

OVERLORD

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 745 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 April 2019 - 05:55 PM

Edit: I deleted the other topic. :)
  • Napoleon 2ème likes this
STRATEGO CAPTAINS CLUB ~ the strongest team of Greece

#7 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• 524 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 April 2019 - 06:20 PM

The schedule seems a bit long. In the Netherlands, 6 round tournaments start at 10:45, with 55 minutes per round (including 5m setup) at 12’04" Bronstein pace. Usually, the next round starts 5m after all games have ended. Can’t remember ever finishing after 1745. A 1hr lunch is nice though :) Anyway, finishing earlier might make it easier for people to do a one-day trip.

Hi T- Rex

Thanks for the comment, we decided that a good meal time would be good for the participants to be charged for the afternoon. Also a small break between game 4 and 5 will be hepful. So this is probably why we are ending later.

Greets 

#8 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:20 PM

Hi T- Rex

Thanks for the comment, we decided that a good meal time would be good for the participants to be charged for the afternoon. Also a small break between game 4 and 5 will be hepful. So this is probably why we are ending later.

Greets 

I checked flights, it's almost impossible to do a 1 day trip anyway.

But with 55 minutes rounds + 5 minutes in between rounds, you could save 30 minutes in the schedule already, since you have 60 minute rounds + 5 minutes in between rounds now. Note that Dutch tournaments also have an afternoon break. In practice, few rounds last the full 55 minutes, usually decisions have been reached or a draw will be claimed by one of the players before that. So typically you gain another 5-10 minutes per game on the schedule. 

Anyway, really great of you to organize this. It's probably infeasible for me to go there, but it sounds like a really nice tournament. Good luck with it!

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#9 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Scout

• German Tournament Manager
  • 147 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:38 PM

Hallo T-Rex,

I agree with your timing perspective. In fact the schedule we have provided is the worsed case scenario. We are currently in discussion with ISF so we might even have a much faster schedule. I assume we will finish earlier. In principle I would say if your are in the travel range of 3 hours drive it makes still sense to drive home.

For all players which have a longer trip I offer accomodation at my house. So they can drive / fly home on Sunday or after.

Also we will look for sponsors, that those who want to participate and have to fly can get a contribution / or even covering of their flight costs.

John

#10 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:56 PM

Hallo T-Rex,

I agree with your timing perspective. In fact the schedule we have provided is the worsed case scenario. We are currently in discussion with ISF so we might even have a much faster schedule. I assume we will finish earlier. In principle I would say if your are in the travel range of 3 hours drive it makes still sense to drive home.

For all players which have a longer trip I offer accomodation at my house. So they can drive / fly home on Sunday or after.

Also we will look for sponsors, that those who want to participate and have to fly can get a contribution / or even covering of their flight costs.

John

This tournament just doesn't fit my schedule. Don't adjust for my sake, and don't increase the playing pace, 50 minutes at 12'04 is called rapid in chess, and you don't want people travelling to play blitz! :)

#11 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 707 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:44 PM

I will attend. Already took the days off to make it a nice long weekend in Switzerland.

First time my wife will attend a tournament. She is looking forward to a boat tour on the river and seeing the city.

We might do something like this one:

Rhystaern-1.-Schleusenfahrt-9_front_larg

As cheese fans we will also have some Swiss cheese fondue which looks like this:

authentic-swiss-cheese-fondue-750x500.jp

Morx

#12 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• 524 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:04 PM

Great Morx ! Also, the participants will receive some swiss chocolate !

#13 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• 524 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 April 2019 - 02:47 PM

List of confirmed players :

Jesus_Saves (DE)
Napoleon1er (CH)
Stagger_Lee (DE)
Napoleon 2ème (CH)
Morx (NL)

garlick (FR)

udesab (DE)

Fully134 (DE)

Spion… (NL)

Sem Van Geffen (NL)

OVERLORD (GR)

hadoppi (CH)

Clemou (CH)

Not on the site yet :

Johnny Van Geffen (NL)

Stagger Lee's son (DE)

Ansgar (DE)

Faysal (EG)

Wim Sikteoeboen (NL)

Interested / maybe / not sure

Astros (CH/UK)
rszmiklos (HU)
raffo (CH)
Don_Homer (NL)

LeChuck (FR)

berre (BE)

borgif (BE)

mojitococo (FR)

maxroelof (NL)

Miss Lucky (NL)

Some Dutch and german have announced they are interested, Nothing confirmed from them yet.

To be updated ...

Edited by Napoleon 2ème, 2 days ago.

• Napoleon 1er, Morx and udesab like this

#14 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• 524 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 April 2019 - 01:58 PM

It is now confirmed that garlick will represent France in this tournament, we now have at least one representant for every country close to Basel (swiss, german and french). I have been told that many dutch players and germans are interested to come... This is announcing a great event and a great time with many players... don't miss it !

Edited by Napoleon 2ème, 07 April 2019 - 08:56 PM.

• Nortrom, Losermaker, Morx and 2 others like this

#15 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• 524 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:05 PM

Hi all dear friends !

I have spent some time in making this video regarding the turnaments, I know it's not the best level, but I also hope the intention and the humour I have put there can motivate some of you to come !

See you soon !!

https://youtu.be/zfbPvYIJ08A

ADD : the meal isn't offered but organised , sorry I misunderstood it.

Edited by Napoleon 2ème, 4 weeks ago.

• Napoleon 1er, dalee and TemplateRex like this

#16 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• 524 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hi all,

About the meal, we will organise some swiss specialities and see if, in case of sunny weather, we can make a barbecue. The meal should be to an affodable price  ;)

Some newsflash, it seems some players of new countries in stratego world are interested, hungary,spain and italy !

• Losermaker and Morx like this

#17 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• 524 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Newsflash : the 2 new young youtuber are interested in participating to their first live tournament... and guess what, they ware thinking to come to Basel tournament ! Take care dear friends... the number of players is increasing and the fights can only be nicer !

We also have some new swiss players interested, my boss and his sister are enjoying playing against me and they have been able to defeat me in quick arena after 3 games ! If they come, we may have some new swiss champions !!

garlick shouldn't be left alone as the only french player to the tournament as 3 other french player, slowly getting better on the stratego ranking are really interested

The known world champion is still thinking to come depending if the organisors can find a good Stratego Swiss plane for him and some cheese as gift !

Don_Homer is coming if donuts are there, the organisers are trying to discover his favorite flavour to make him come

Sorrow, the USA secret weapon is also interested to come, although the travel is quite long, the organisers are doing their best to get this extremely good player here

Keep watching the forum to see who will be the next players playing him, maybe it will eb you?

• OVERLORD and udesab like this

#18 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• 524 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

udesab and Fully134 are participating to their first tournament, take care of this German duo !

Edited by Napoleon 2ème, 2 weeks ago.

• Yellowhat and R u Mocking Me ? like this

#19 Fully134

Fully134

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 2 weeks ago

We will destroy you!!

• Yellowhat, Napoleon 2ème, udesab and 1 other like this

#20 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• 524 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

We will destroy you!!

Although I like you very much, there is no way I will let you destroy me and the Napoleonian army  :P

2 new swiss players have been confirmed, the youngest is 15 years old and will probably be the youngest of the whole tournament aswell, but he has been described as the strongest of his family. The second swiss player is 27 years old and is probably wiser than the Young swiss player… will it be enaugh to be the champion?

• Morx and udesab like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users