Photo

2019 Stratego World Championship (date/venue)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ace_Rimmer

Ace_Rimmer

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:07 AM

The date and venue is now confirmed.
The Stratego World Championships will take place from 22/08/19 until 25/08/19 at the Hilton Hotel, Victoria Quays, Sheffield, England.

Official Invitation coming soon.
  • Don_Homer, TheOptician, texaspete09 and 6 others like this

#2 Sorrow

Sorrow

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:35 PM

I look forward to representing the USA and NASF at the 2019 Stratego WC England!
I Can’t wait.
Thanks Angel.
  • Don_Homer, texaspete09 and R u Mocking Me ? like this

Ratings/Ranking must be reset. It is absurd if I want to get a reasonable ELO match up I would have to play a 1k rated player on there alt who is rated 900 at best.

#3 OVERLORD

OVERLORD

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 722 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:30 PM

The World Champion is looking forward to enjoy again -for his 4th time- a world championship event. :)

Go Greece! 🏆🇬🇷🏆
  • Don_Homer and Sorrow like this
STRATEGO CAPTAINS CLUB ~ the strongest team of Greece

#4 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 17 March 2019 - 07:47 AM

Its been many years since I was there, but I believe that hotel has an excellent gym.  I used to sometimes make the drive down from Leeds when I was there on business and had to stay the weekend.

And for fans of snooker, you can make a side trip over to the Crucible Theatre, though it would be to take in a performance instead of snooker at that time of year.  But there are (were) several pool halls in the city if you want to partake in a match or two.

There are several small towns within an hour of Sheffield that are worth visiting - and it used to be that there were public busses that went to places like Chesterfield, Castleton (caves) or Doncaster (which has a racetrack).  IF you like hiking the Peak District national park is nice. If you like cricket make the hour or so drive up to Leeds to Headingley Cricket grounds.  If they have one of those 20/20 or whatever it is now its an enjoyable evening.

There is a LOT to see within a few hours of Sheffield - especially for the younger guys that would like to get a bike and cycle around.  For the old folks a rental car accesses much of the same scenery :)

Hope those that go enjoy themselves!

• Don_Homer, UnladenSwallow and Ace_Rimmer like this

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#5 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 864 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 17 March 2019 - 11:23 PM

The World Champion is looking forward to enjoy again -for his 4th time- a world championship event. :)

Go Greece!

Great! Tell him to bring a lot of Greek :)

• OVERLORD likes this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#6 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Swiss Tournament Manager
  • 513 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:17 PM

The Swiss Napoleon family will also come to finally  take the revenge on the english army

• Don_Homer and Sorrow like this
I never lose, I win or I learn…

#7 Ace_Rimmer

Ace_Rimmer

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:43 AM

Bookings can now be made through our site to take advantage of the special discounts we negotiated for Stratego players going to the World Championship.

Single room £69 per room
Twin/Double room £79 per room

https://www.guarante...ego-worlds-2019

#8 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 31 March 2019 - 11:20 AM

when does it start on thursday 22 and when does it finish on sunday 25?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#9 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 864 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 4 weeks ago

Bookings can now be made through our site to take advantage of the special discounts we negotiated for Stratego players going to the World Championship.

Single room £69 per room
Twin/Double room £79 per room

https://www.guarante...ego-worlds-2019

Ace_Rimmer or other organisers, please keep us updated! 

when does it start on thursday 22 and when does it finish on sunday 25?

I would like to know this too. Also what game(s) will be played thursday. I expect either barrage, duel and/or Ultimate lightning… 

#10 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 864 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

I received an email now from Jonathan (he is in the organisation too).

They are busy with a nice invitation by e-mail with all the details. He is sure there will be a barrage WC at thursday. Furthermore he told me that the schedule of play will be very similar to the schedule of last year in Naarden (and many years before there were similar schedules). So I think we can expect 5 classic rounds on Friday and 5 on Saturday making a 10 round WC and country team (+ open tournament) on sunday but to be sure we have to wait for the official briefing. 

Bookings at the location can already be done by the link Ace_Rimmer posted above, here again: https://www.guaranteedevents.com/stratego-worlds-2019. 

Edited by Don_Homer, 3 weeks ago.

#11 Steel City Press

Steel City Press

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 3 weeks ago

Thanks, all of the above is correct (never knew your username was Don_Homer). 

We're planning for Barrage on Thursday, 5 rounds on Friday, 5 rounds on Saturday, and then the country team/Open tournament on the Sunday. The entry fees will be comparable to last year (likely the same, but in £ not €). Not yet confirmed.

I don't think it's mentioned elsewhere on this thread, but if you book accommodation at https://www.guarante...ego-worlds-2019 then a hot buffet breakfast is included for free.

Jonathan

• Don_Homer and Napoleon 2ème like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users