Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted A week ago

Be VERY careful, Daniel. I am very well known to the tournament community, and it is a matter of PUBLIC record that I DO NOT participate in tournaments of any kind. The few of which I had participated in the past, before the ruling of declaring aliases, were done with complete transparency, and all participants knew who I was and I played as Gwynplaine. Since those times, I have not participated in any tournament, online OR live.

My business is my business, it is my own so long as I am not cheating anyone...you have NO right to judge it or make argument against it. Just because it annoys you, or troubles you, or invades your peace of mind is no excuse for making such an obtuse posting; trying to use me as an example to justify some idiotic notion coming out of your narrow mind.

In truth, you have never contacted me directly to ask about this matter, which is always an option available to you, so do not complain about the fact that I possess more than one account. Someone from whom you receive highly personal information about players on this site...you know... NDJ and the IP/email account info for your "clean ranking" stuff...if I were you, I would be content to be able to play with my toys and leave the other folks here alone.

So, Daniel, unless you want to write me a private message to discuss this matter in friendly fashion, i suggest you close your mouth and be very careful about the stuff you publish ion the heat of the moment.

KMC

2pEH0GX.jpg

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#82 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted A week ago

2pEH0GX.jpg

And no doubt this portrait you published is worth a thousand words.

The question remains–how can a player of your fine skill and level act like this, Daniel?

I am delighted my anonymity makes you feel so uncomfortable–but why should it???

Please...please do everyone a favor on the forum...

Watch a movie, have some popcorn, take a deep breath, and then continue.

Thanks.

Edited by KissMyCookie, A week ago.

#83 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,915 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted A week ago

I'm very interested in seeing these studies because they would debunk my argument.

No study will debunk your argument.  No study, mine.  No study can show what thoughts are in the human mind or cravings in the human heart.  

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#84 UnladenSwallow

UnladenSwallow

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted A week ago

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

#85 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted A week ago

Fks/Sorrow has been found guilty of First Degree Forum Abuse in a case brought against him by Nortrom. Fks' posts regarding the "MR ICEBERG case", primarily in the "Open channel community & MT" thread, have been found by the MT to be inappropriate, and his comments defamed and spread lies about the MT and the game itself. Fks repeatedly and repeatedly claimed in posts that someone could get banned for saying idiot, even go so far to mention that Stratego.com was the only game in which someone could receive a ban for calling someone "idiot". These comments were simply not true and spread misinformation about the MT and the game. Therefore, Fks will receive a Warning Point for his actions, and the MT hopes that he does not act in a similar manner again.

The Moderator Team (GaryLShelton, Yellowhat, OVERLORD., Fairway)

Whether Gary stays or not is unimportant to me–yes, there is a polemic here about his ability to serve as an MT member. In truth, there are specific qualities to Gary which indicate that he serves the MT well: there are cases on record where his voting clearly shows objectivity and a non-bias. On the other hand, there are events that have taken place which challenge this evidence–astros' submissions cannot be automatically dismissed because of personal feelings or political climate...astros is also a player with high credibility.

My issue with Gary is his unjustified pigheadedness. This whole situation, the one in which Nortrom felt compelled to resign his place on the MT because he did not want to be part of a panel that had lost its credibility, can be directly placed upon Gary's poor qualities in communication. Does this make Gary a bad MT? In my opinion, no, it does not, but he is not a good leader in my opinion. The whole Fks warning point matter should never have come to the point which it had.

Fks felt it was wrong that he had gotten the WP from the MT; he attributed the action to a personal bias of Nortrom's, which was completely unfounded as Nortrom explained the meaning, the matter, and the reason for issuing the WP; Nortrom had issued a WP before to a very well known player and the matter never reached any kind of issue because Nortrom's credibility and integrity have always been intact and uncorrupted; Fks continued a campaign against the WP and it got Gary's attention. It is my opinion that this was a highly selfish activity as it did not serve the community in any way, Fks then tried to divest himself of any responsibility for what had occurred, and as a result of Gary's poor decision making, it threw the MT and this community into chaos. As a matter of record, Fks wrote that he was, "...fine with Nortrom leaving" the MT. I, and many others, are NOT fine with this turn of events.

The fact that Gary was unable to communicate directly with Nortrom, to ask the questions about "WHY" this WP must stand, were apparently not dealt with in a comprehensive manner...and these two were both serving as MT at that time!!! The fact that Gary took a stand against Nortrom purely on the grounds that he felt he, Gary, was right is the perfect illustration of Gary's stubbornness at its worst–he was unable to work things out, or to accept a view against his own, or to find some kind of compromise which would benefit all parties concerned. Sure, one may say that Nortrom was stubborn, but to what end? Nortrom's motivation, as I have garnered through my interviews with him, is that the MT needs to be represented as a unified body, one of objective judiciary function, and that it will not topple over to unjustified complaining. In other words, he was acting on behalf of the MT and this community. Gary's awful line about "We don't air dirty laundry in public" is such utter rubbish as it serves only those who may appear to not look so good if the facts come out.

Gary...the facts are out...you do not look so good as a result of the choices you made...your self-righteous opinion was a major part of bringing about this awful episode...in the end, you and the MT found cause to give Fks a warning point.

Was all of this situation worth all of this trouble?

(I think it was NOT worth it at all).

Should you be removed as an MT? You made a huge mistake here by putting your ideals above everything the MT stands for, and it affected this community rather negatively; but does this mean that you should step down? I feel you made a big mistake, and somehow, I have to believe that you know this to be a point of fact. This event in itself only shows that you are poor leadership material, but it does not mean that you are a poor MT. I do not actively stand against you, Gary, and I really do urge you to find a pathway to be much more openminded, particularly about matters that may become hot potatoes.

My issue with you, Gary, is that I have this feeling that you really do not care to listen to opinions other than your own, or you will listen to people who support your ideas blindly. I am simply against your tendency to be so darned pigheaded. By virtue of your tenure on the MT, you have the most experience of everyone on that panel at present...Nortrom cannot be included as he had resigned, but his experience (here and at Metaforge) is a matter of public record. The fact that you have a lot of experience does not mean that you are the right choice to lead such a group, but the positive experience that you have can be very valuable to the newest and less experienced MT members–you already know this truth.

If there is anything out of all of this that I would like to say is good material to learn from, it is that there must be open, consistent, and clear communication within the MT from ALL OF THE MT PANEL. I do not care if you have jobs, school, marital problems, work related stress, or anything else...if you want to be an MT on this panel in this community, you must be available to function as an MT. I know for a fact that Gary has a very busy work life...in his chosen profession...but he still is here just about every single day to function as an MT. We also know some of our younger MT members do have very demanding schedules and are busy with important studies...education is to be supported, and those seeking to be educated must also be supported...if the burden of your schoolwork is too much, then find a suitable replacement, but I believe that Overlord, Yellowhat, and Fairway are all wanting to serve this community as best as they can. Please...make the time to communicate well.

Finally, it is my wish to see the MT find a way to re-acquire Nortrom to the MT panel. Between all of its members, and especially because the newest fifth member of the MT is Fairway, someone I fully support and endorse, having such an MT panel together can only serve this community in a highly positive fashion.

Please work things out.

KMC

#86 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,274 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted A week ago

This is ridiculous.

Nortrom felt FKS deserved a warning point, and THE REST OF MT felt he did not.

So why do you constantly present it as being entirely due to Gary that Nortrom left ? Why are you posting relentless criticism of Gary and not one word against the other members?

If an MT member applies a warning point without consulting the other members it was always possible it could be reversed. If this were not the case then points issued to Karaiskakis, Unladen Swallow and others ( by Lonello and Gary ) could not have been rescinded. Of course this may seem 'dysfunctional', the team not united etc, but that is how the MT operates with these warning points.
  • Napoleon 1er likes this

#87 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,274 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted A week ago

It seems a stretch to say Fks was 'spreading lies' about the MT.

A player called an opponent an idiot and was found guilty of abusive behavior and was banned. Fks said he should not be banned for calling someone an idiot and it was a bad thing that this MT would do so.

Technically I believe it was a 2nd offence so the idiot remark was not enough for a ban on it's own. Fks would no doubt say that it should not have been enough for a guilty verdict in the first place, as 'idiot' could be fair comment.

If Fks is lying then can the MT clarify that calling an opponent an idiot does not automatically result in a guilty verdict, and was it the case that Fks was assured of this but continued to post that MT would automatically convict for this ?

#88 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted A week ago

This is ridiculous.

It is NOT ridiculous, tober. You are going on the premise that the MT never makes a mistake, which is rich coming from someone who was a member of the former failed MT.

Nortrom felt FKS deserved a warning point, and THE REST OF MT felt he did not.

It was not the rest of the MT as you mistakenly put it. In fact, one of the supporting votes, as I understand it, came with misgivings about supporting the WP removal.

So why do you constantly present it as being entirely due to Gary that Nortrom left ? Why are you posting relentless criticism of Gary and not one word against the other members?

This is a very fair question, tober and I will try to explain.

At this point in time, the most vocal MT members have been Gary and Nortrom. Overlord does his part when called upon, but has had very little to say regarding any matter of significance: most of his posts (which are not numerous) deal with the usual day to day function of the MT, and he does it well. Yellowhat is also very quiet on most matters, and does his part much in the same way as Overlord...both are posting cases and results innocuously. Losermaker has left, but he too, kept a low profile. On the subject of anything controversial, it is a matter of public record that the two strongest voices from the MT is Gary, and was Nortrom. The very moment that Nortrom left, I posed a direct question to Gary which was met with the former attitude of silence and closing ranks...the very attitude, mind you, which allowed the community to rise up and voice its frustration, anger, and dissatisfaction with how the former failed MT was functioning. The transparency established by the "new" MT was evaporating rapidly in my estimation; thus, prompting the interview with Nortrom and its publication.

Spoiler

You asked why I am so critical of Gary and not the others. My strongest criticism of Gary is that he does not understand the necessity and value of truth and facts, and publishing those key and essential materials. He insists upon sequestering truth from this community when he feels there is a cause that must be handled "discreetly," but his judgement of what is delicate versus what is necessary is completely off the mark. This situation is a prime example. "We don't air our dirty laundry," is a rubbish claim that does not protect the community, but serves but one master...the person wanting to cover his butt and spare himself any possible embarrassment–the person making that awful and dreadful excuse. It is selfish, and it is a very poor choice. Explain to me how addressing the matter of Nortrom leaving would have hurt this community? Huh, tober? It would NOT have in the least–in fact, Gary had a golden opportunity to avoid all of this had he been candid, open about it, and done a simple walkthrough for those interested enough.

It is Gary's lack of willingness to be completely transparent that earns him this criticism in my estimation, and the transparency that was being developed by the "new" MT was a very positive change, obviously something brought to the table by Nortrom; and, supported by Gary and the other MT; but, with Nortrom's departure, that transparency quickly faded into the awful past and silent indifference of the former failed MT...no answers to questions, delays, confusion, and unrest in the community. Sure, Overlord and Yellowhat might have done more as MT to deal with this matter, but as it turns out, the newest MT member, Fairway (and thank goodness he is on board), is suddenly a strong voice for the MT...was Gary handing off his responsibilities to the new guy? I don't know, so I cannot say, but at least Fairway has a voice here.

#89 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

It is NOT ridiculous, tober. You are going on the premise that the MT never makes a mistake, which is rich coming from someone who was a member of the former failed MT.

It was not the rest of the MT as you mistakenly put it. In fact, one of the supporting votes, as I understand it, came with misgivings about supporting the WP removal.

Can we know who was the supporting vote from?

Edited by Napoleon 2ème, A week ago.

I  never lose, I win or I learn…

#90 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted A week ago

... Sir

If you want to beat Lonello's record of the longest FOBS posts you need to at least double the length of those above...

keep smiling!
  • UnladenSwallow likes this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#91 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted A week ago

... Sir
If you want to beat Lonello's record of the longest FOBS posts you need to at least double the length of those above...
keep smiling!

Thanks for the advice, :)  but I do prefer to keep on smiling and laughing!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

(pssst! Let's keep old ghosts happy and not talk too much of them, eh?) ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users