astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 862 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 3 weeks ago

Should have done this a long time ago. Reasons:

1. Repeated homophobic, xenophobic and sexist comments across multiple forum threads and private messages.

2. Abuse of power, Gary has frequently used his position to attempt to block me from running tournaments and receiving fair judgement in cases I have presented to the MT. He has gone as far to suggest that I should have been beaten as a child. Now many of you do not like me but that does not make his behavior towards me any less unbecoming of a moderator. Furthermore, if he is doing that to me, he is doing it to others they are just not as vocal.

3. He lacks the necessary critical thinking skills for the position, he literally believes the earth is flat, yeah... that is not a joke.

Cheers

I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#2 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 3 weeks ago

Where are the examples of the comments Gary made ?

• 17761776 likes this

#3 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 3 weeks ago

Should have done this a long time ago. Reasons:

1. Repeated homophobic, xenophobic and sexist comments across multiple forum threads and private messages.

2. Abuse of power, Gary has frequently used his position to attempt to block me from running tournaments and receiving fair judgement in cases I have presented to the MT. He has gone as far to suggest that I should have been beaten as a child. Now many of you do not like me but that does not make his behavior towards me any less unbecoming of a moderator. Furthermore, if he is doing that to me, he is doing it to others they are just not as vocal.

3. He lacks the necessary critical thinking skills for the position, he literally believes the earth is flat, yeah... that is not a joke.

Cheers

... I never knew Gary like you describe him. If you want to raise a claim like that you need to bring evidence , not just sterile statements, otherwise the claim will get turned against you ... you will be the guilty guy who is falsely accusing somebody of something that does not exist.

• OVERLORD and 17761776 like this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#4 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 3 weeks ago

(something posted by tobermoryx)

(something posted by Napoleon 1er)

This is really very BAD timing on both your parts. BOTH of you were part of the former MT which stonewalled and kept the complaints of the forum community at bay while delusionello (lonello) seemed to be insulated by you, tober, napster, gary, and some other individual long since gone...thankfully!

In all fairness, I agree that evidence should be brought forth if any case is to be opened and judged accordingly, but it is so ridiculous that TWO former MT, who contributed to the problems of what made the former MT a failure, should be unified here to criticize/attack astros for his post. 

HINT: By you both objecting to astros here, you are NOT doing Gary any favors.

#5 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,274 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 3 weeks ago

Who is attacking Astros ?

We just asked what exactly Gary has said.

• Nortrom and texaspete09 like this

#6 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 3 weeks ago

Who is attacking Astros ?

We just asked what exactly Gary has said.

You are correct...it is simply too much to bear that two former MTs of the problematic regime have chimed in here one after another. By yourselves alone, not both on this thread one after another, would not have garnered my attention.

Carry on...

#7 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,274 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 3 weeks ago

It is Astros that needs to carry on and detail his complaints.

• texaspete09 likes this

#8 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 3 weeks ago

It is Astros that needs to carry on and detail his complaints.

That may be, but I'm stilling telling YOU to carry on...unless, of course, you're going to carry off...

Edited by KissMyCookie, 3 weeks ago.

#9 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 862 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 3 weeks ago

https://imgur.com/a/R2uRZ1Q
  • texaspete09 likes this

#10 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 862 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 3 weeks ago

I can go find more this weekend

KMC can attest to beating comments, not sure I still have those screenshots.

I believe that Gary was also censured by the old site owners for some of his worse off topic comments, I'll also look for that email chain. Though I believe both tober and Nap were on the MT when that happened.

If he doesn't think the earth is flat, he can simply refute it.
  • texaspete09 likes this

#11 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,274 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't agree with his argument there, though it doesn't seem extreme.

If Gary was censured by site owners it was before my time (unless I forgot about it)

I don't think MT members should have to subscribe to this or that set of political views. I have read a lot of what Gary has written about science and evolution and I totally disagree with him. Also he is somewhat to the right of me with politics it seems. But Gary has never been for or against people in cases because they share or oppose his views to my knowledge.

Edited by tobermoryx, 3 weeks ago.

#12 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 862 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 3 weeks ago

Whoever owns the site has a published non-discrimination policy. I am not a member of a marginalized group but I have vocally disagreed with a number of Gary's statements, there are others that is just what I found briefly. As a result, I feel I have been repeatedly targeted by him through his position as a moderator and as such believe he should no longer be one.

Players can think what they want but when someone wants to be a moderator they should keep their political views to themselves, liberal or conservative, particularly when those views may target groups.
  • texaspete09 likes this

#13 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 3 weeks ago

Astros, if what you states is true, you have a strong case. However you should (have) provide(d) evidence right away. Furthermore I do not see evidence for above quoted statement of you. Also nobody (from MT) is confirming this statement (yet). So if you ask me you should provice evidence asap or delete things you cannot prove.

I do not agree with you that MT should refrain totally from political discussions. You can be a good MT member undependent of your beliefs about scientific or religious aspects. 

Lastly I (and without a doubt many others) would like to hear Gary's view on these allegations. 

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#14 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 862 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 3 weeks ago

There is a big difference between holding conservative views and openly attacking marginalized groups when one is supposed to be an impartial judge.

Alas, most of my ss are on my old laptop, I'd argue what I've already posted is sufficient for removal but I'll look some more and try and find people to corroborate.
  • texaspete09 likes this

#15 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 3 weeks ago

I can go find more this weekend

KMC can attest to beating comments, not sure I still have those screenshots.

I can corroborate astros statement about "beatings." If I can find the conversation replies, I will send them on to the appropriate individual(s).

#16 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 862 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 3 weeks ago

Thank you

#17 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

HI there, for my part, I am new on the site so I don't know what happened in the past with Gary 

I have a question, I have seen your screenshots and it seems discussions were from 2015, why is this coming out now ?

Greets

I  never lose, I win or I learn…

#18 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 862 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 3 weeks ago

Because there was not a formal system to remove moderators previously. In the past, I went directly to the former site owners on multiple occasions to remove Gary but they did not care.

#19 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Alright, thanks 

I  never lose, I win or I learn…

#20 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 2 weeks ago

Accusing somebody without evidence is a grave Form of abusive behavior. I'm asking astros to bring the evidence of his allegations or confirm these are just non sense till Saturday March 9 18:00 gmt. Past this deadline he will be reported for abusive behavior.
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users