Karpalish

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:38 AM

I've played the player with the username Poppins and believe they are using some sort of hack to see my setup. Both times I've played him he has perfectly navigated his general on the opposite side of my Marshall and clearing every piece while not running into any bombs that were very randomly scattered. the second time I played against Poppins I deliberately changed my setup and scattered my bombs even more and same result.
  • mogul likes this

#2 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Swiss Tournament Manager
  • 512 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:23 PM

Hi karpalish, poppins is the same account as several others, he plays with those accounts to scout setups. You can see this in another thread ;)
I never lose, I win or I learn…

#3 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,067 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:45 PM

Napoleon 2eme is correct. Poppins has a multitude of other accounts, at least 10, and uses them to scout setups. When he plays you on one account he writes down your setup, then when he's matched up with you the next game with a different account, he lottoes, assuming your strategy is the same.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#4 17761776

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:35 PM

Why would Poppins do that? Lottery charging is certainly not a good thing to do and he would certainly not want to lose his marshal to a bomb or the spy if you change your setup. It's not a risk he can take.

Edited by 17761776, 09 March 2019 - 08:48 PM.

"I pray you to bear me witness that I meet my fate like a brave man." - Major John Andre, head of Intelligence for the British Army, May 2, 1750 - October 2, 1780. Quoted October 2, 1780.

#5 mogul

mogul

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:49 PM

There was a team of programmers who built this site. One of them might have a cheat code where he can see all opponent pieces revealed during the game. It is very likely when you have numerous people working on a project that someone does something funny.  I don't want to tell names here with suspicions. But I have experienced similar oddities here, which Karpalish is talking about.

#6 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,067 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:01 AM

Why would Poppins do that? Lottery Charging is certainly not a good thing to do and he would certainly not want to lose his marshal to a bomb or the spy if you change your setup. It's not a risk he can take.

Poppins has a multitude of accounts, over a dozen are suspected to belong to him, in fact. For every victim that changes their setup, there's probably two more that fall victim because they didn't change theirs. And if he loses games on Poppins account because some people change their setup, he can simply resort to another account to do the same method on. 

• 17761776 likes this
WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#7 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:40 AM

There was a team of programmers who built this site. One of them might have a cheat code where he can see all opponent pieces revealed during the game. It is very likely when you have numerous people working on a project that someone does something funny.  I don't want to tell names here with suspicions. But I have experienced similar oddities here, which Karpalish is talking about.

How have they ever lost a game ?

#8 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Swiss Tournament Manager
  • 512 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:09 AM

I Don't think that programmers are doing this, especially as they have let the game half - finished as there isn't the sci-fi game mode for example… If Something like you describe exists, it is a hack made by someone else...

• 17761776 likes this
I never lose, I win or I learn…

#9 17761776

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:54 PM

I Don't think that programmers are doing this, especially as they have let the game half - finished as there isn't the sci-fi game mode for example… If Something like you describe exists, it is a hack made by someone else...

I believe that Napoleon 2eme is correct. The programmers of this game would never do such a thing. They have created this site and have made a rule about cheating. The hack must have been made by a player.

"I pray you to bear me witness that I meet my fate like a brave man." - Major John Andre, head of Intelligence for the British Army, May 2, 1750 - October 2, 1780. Quoted October 2, 1780.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users