#1 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,290 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:02 PM

TC are considering running a tournament whereby both players are required to record their games.

If anyone has the ability to turn two separate video recordings of a game into one amalgamated splitscreen recording - and is willing to offer those skills - please could you let us know.

Thanks

TC
  • texaspete09 likes this

#2 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,518 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:21 PM

One thing you may consider, as I think this is much easier, is to have a page(not forum), per match played, where you embed both youtube vids(or whatever medium..) next to each other and try to make both fill 50% of the screen, put those next to each other.

Putting two separate recordings into one new file will require file transfers and processing power, not sure if you want to be doing that for each match.

• TheOptician and texaspete09 like this
"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

#3 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,290 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:28 PM

TC’s appeal extends to the expertise required by Nortrom’s suggestion above :-)

#4 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

TC’s appeal extends to the expertise required by Nortrom’s suggestion above :-)

Hi,

I can't promise everything, but I think I can try. My main problem is more if you want to see half screen but both views, or everytime change view. Both options have advantages and disadvantages.

I personally think that half screen is the best one, but it will be a problem if both videos are recorded with voice comment because the two guys could be talking at the same time.

Let me know what you would prefer and I can try to offer my skills

I  never lose, I win or I learn…

#5 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:35 PM

One thing you may consider, as I think this is much easier, is to have a page(not forum), per match played, where you embed both youtube vids(or whatever medium..) next to each other and try to make both fill 50% of the screen, put those next to each other.

Putting two separate recordings into one new file will require file transfers and processing power, not sure if you want to be doing that for each match.

I Don't understand, you mean create a side where you can choose everything, or open two YouTube pages with both points of view?

#6 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,518 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

ill mess around with it a little when home.
  • TheOptician likes this

#7 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,290 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:02 PM

>it will be a problem if both videos are recorded with voice comment because the two guys could be talking at the same time.

Players who provide commentary should only do so on their turn :-)

>I can't promise everything, but I think I can try.

Thanks. Do you want to try out an experiment?

#8 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:13 PM

>it will be a problem if both videos are recorded with voice comment because the two guys could be talking at the same time.

Players who provide commentary should only do so on their turn :-)

>I can't promise everything, but I think I can try.

Thanks. Do you want to try out an experiment?

Yes why not, I only need to find the good program and talk to a friend informatician, but this weekend I think I can tell you ;D

• TheOptician likes this

#9 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,518 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:10 PM

Little start :)

NGAYmwF.png

Getting somewhere.. 

RyI7du6.png

Somewhat usable version..

oRywbeM.jpg

• TheOptician and texaspete09 like this

#10 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:29 PM

if both players revord their games and then one of the 2 players sends his record to the other, this other player can play both games in parallel on its screen and rerecord the replay ... result shall be a video with both player's moves on same screen ... just a tip

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#11 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:35 PM

Both players can give commentary and then you can edit it so that you only hear one player at a time right?

To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#12 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,518 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:44 PM

if both players revord their games and then one of the 2 players sends his record to the other, this other player can play both games in parallel on its screen and rerecord the replay ... result shall be a video with both player's moves on same screen ... just a tip

Fairly sure this has been mentioned already.

#13 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:01 PM

Alright I understood what you want, then I should be able to do this, I would need to try it but shouldn't be a problem

#14 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 15 February 2019 - 12:36 PM

OBS Studio has the possibility for streaming both sides in split-screen. Requires a bit of cooperation (I think one player needs to send address of other player who streams the joint split-screen to a youtube channel). I haven't tried this myself. There's a few tutorials on Google.

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#15 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:50 PM

OBS Studio has the possibility for streaming both sides in split-screen. Requires a bit of cooperation (I think one player needs to send address of other player who streams the joint split-screen to a youtube channel). I haven't tried this myself. There's a few tutorials on Google.

I personally prefer GeForce Experience, but it doesn't combine with voice comments, I will see with OBS

#16 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:15 PM

When I suggested this before I didn't consider it compulsory for every participant to upload their games, otherwise a player might win all their matches but get DQ'd for not putting them on You Tube.

My idea was that everyone would understand that any of the games could be published, and that there could be no complaints when they were . So that people who have a problem with that would know not to enter.

If it becomes a requirement then players who have no issues with their games being viewed, but do not record or publish themselves, would be excluded.

Edited by tobermoryx, 15 February 2019 - 09:15 PM.

#17 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,290 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:53 AM

Hey tober,

I know you weren’t suggesting that recording should be compulsory.

A one-off tournament with compulsory recording would generate a good number of competitive videos - and yes those who didn’t want to/could not record would not be eligible.

#18 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 972 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 4 weeks ago

http://forum.strateg...entry472094  

This looks great,took me some time to make though.  I'll fine-tune it a bit more in next videos. 

It is better than what I thought it would be and will be a very helpful tool I think in getting players to learn more about the game, and promoting it as well. 

This upcoming tournament could be the start of a boom for Stratego in general (okay that sounded ultra enthusisastic)

Any comments or thoughts are welcome !

• Don_Homer likes this

If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 962 (Platinum Marshal)

#19 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 4 weeks ago

I really like it, maybe put the 2 points of view in the same size could be a bit better?

#20 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 4 weeks ago

This is great innovation, Roeczak! It could be even better (on top of other suggestions) when making agreements (before playing) about which piece setting you both use (and maybe also the boardchoice) so it is more clear/less confusing to the viewer.

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users