tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:36 PM

LA Rams v New England Patriots, starts in a couple of hours.

I'm British but love the NFL. It is the best structured competition in sports IMO. Most sports competitions have masses of meaningless games but the NFL has hardly any and builds to a great climax.

I don't support a particular team but will be watching all of this game (maybe skip the half time show though )

• Fairway and L3AF like this

#2 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,202 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:07 AM

Go Pats and Tom Brady! Way to go for number 6!

I was a Patriots fan in this one. So much irony. Back in (2003, was it?) the first Superbowl for Tom Brady, he played against my St. Louis Rams (who had recently left Los Angeles for St. Louis) and the experienced Kurt Warner and the veteran Rams. I was all against the young upstart Pats then. But now the flip flopping Rams have returned to Los Angeles from St. Louis and the Pats and Brady have long been the dynastic team to beat.

Then there's the story of how the Rams got in on the blown call by the refs...the irony being that they were complaining all week against the referee team that the NFL assigned them. (They had NEVER won a game with that crew.) And then the biggest blown call of the year went their way with that same referee team. I must say, I didn't know a team couldn't call for an instant reply on pass interference calls. Why that's a rule totally makes no sense to me.

So the Patriots get into the history books by tying the Steelers for 6 Super Bowl wins tonight. Great feat but the Pats have done theirs with the same QB and coach. Their records will never be equalled again.

It was a great popcorn night watching the game! It was close until the end. Hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.

👏👏👏 Great job, Patriots! 👏👏👏
  • tobermoryx, rgillis783 and L3AF like this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#3 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:18 AM

It was not a great game Gary, but yes, great achievement by the Patriots.

Impressive defense from both teams but I guess there must have been 40 better Super Bowls than that one.

#4 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:33 AM

How did it end? Did Brady win another one? He is an impressive guy and I love to see a summary :)

Oh I guess they won. I thought Gary was supporting them and hoping they would win but he was already celebrating :D

Edited by Don_Homer, 04 February 2019 - 11:35 AM.

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#5 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:26 PM

Yes Don--- Pats did it again TB-Tom Brady is the GOAT-- Greatest Of All Time !!!!!! Boston/NE Celebrated yet another Championship by one of our many great teams.   :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :D

#6 L3AF

L3AF

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:23 PM

The halftime show was a bummer. 

• tobermoryx likes this

#7 rgillis783