KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:04 PM

Greetings! :)  Here in this thread we may discuss with interested parties, some of their ideas and reasons why they might like to be a part of the MT.

Thank you. :)

• Napoleon 2ème likes this

#2 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:08 PM

I would like to take this opportunity to open a discussion with the formidable player, Napoleon 2ème, and get to know this fine player a little better.

A few questions which come to mind are:

1) How long have you been a forum member?

2) What do you feel are your strongest qualifications?

3) Why do you want to be an MT?

Thank you!  :)

KMC

#3 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:34 PM

Hi KMC and first of all thanks for opening this topic, I will answer to every question and try to solve every doubts that someone can have about me.

About your questions :

1) So, tecnically, I was on this site in 2013 and played the first tournament (with the name Barbe-Noire) but I hadn't learnt English at that time so I wasn't talking much. I guess it is more correct to say that I started being on the forum in middle-end of August 2018 because my father introduced me here to announce i was coming to the WC in Naarden.

2) My strongest qualifications are probably my creativity, my motivation and my activity . My creativity because I like bringing Something new/ original to things I'm working on if it is possible ; for example, I decided to organise my tournament with a site I know and not with the usual things from past tournaments / events . I'm pretty motivated, in the forum but also in game, pretty happy to get some challenge and make some surprises. I really enjoy stratego, but I guess that everything in this world can be better, and if I can help with, I want to ! About my activity, I'm active daily, usually in the evening (because of my studies).

3) I guess I partially answered in the previous question ; I want to be a MT becuase I guess that the role of a MT is to improve the site, make it more enjoyable . Stratego is a game, and a game makes fun especially in a fair way, that's why I guess that solving cases can be a way to make it more enjoyable, at least… I hope 

I also want to be a MT because i hope to give a new point of view on this site as I am new here myself.

I hope I have answered your questions, let me know if you have any other !

I  never lose, I win or I learn…

#4 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 862 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:29 AM

I feel it is inappropriate for you to be on the MT when the majority of forum members are opposed to your father being a moderator, particularly considering that you still live with him.

Thoughts?
I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#5 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:40 AM

I feel it is inappropriate for you to be on the MT when the majority of forum members are opposed to your father being a moderator, particularly considering that you still live with him.

Thoughts?

First assumption I doubt strongly. Secondly, where someone lives is none of your business. And then your suggesting that Napo jr does not have a mind of his own or something? Ridiculous. 

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#6 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:53 AM

The question for me is why does R. insist on misreading posts, misunderstanding posts, and then making erroneous conclusions based upon his misreadings?

Edited by KissMyCookie, 31 January 2019 - 01:54 PM.

• Don_Homer likes this

#7 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:02 AM

Secondly, where someone lives is none of your business...Ridiculous. 

Suggesting that a teenager living at home is not subject to the influence of their parents is insane, not to mention plain old stupid, and ridiculous. Yes, if he is wanting to be considered for a position on the MT, then he must be vetted by due process. If an anti-gun lobbyist lives above a gun shop and is pals with the owner of the establishment, then there is bound to be questions raised about the nature of that relationship. In this case, a father and son relationship usually is AND SHOULD BE one of the most intimate relationships on this planet. So, YES, where the son is living in relation to his father goes directly to this matter.

And then your suggesting that Napo jr does not have a mind of his own or something?

No where in astros' post is any mention or question of Napoleon 2ème's individuality–but you came to that conclusion all on your own, which is only evidence that this idea has already crossed your mind.

First assumption I doubt strongly.

As for the first *"assumption," the facts are that Napoleon 1er resigned his MT position directly as a result of his activities which brought a scandal, and the outcry from the forum community collectively spoken in favor of his stepping down. His own statement upon the matter reflects that evidence.

*It is actually an assertion based upon facts, not delusion.

Edited by KissMyCookie, 31 January 2019 - 11:06 AM.

#8 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:23 PM

So,
I expected these comments, for my defense, I don't really see why I can't be a MT because of my father... I have ny own persinality, my own thoughts and my own sense of what is right or not. So yes Napo1 is my father... it' s a fact. He educated me but doesn't mean I agree with his whole thoughts.
We live together, that's true but again I don't see what this has to do, I'm a student (so I go to school) and he is an adult (and goes to work). For this simple difference, we have different routines of time and we see eachother only for dinner / late evening ... while I end school more or less at 16.00 GMT. I also have my own account with my own password with my own PC in my own room... while he has his PC in his office with his account and his password, we are 2 different persons.

To end this post I also want to underline that it has made no problems to anyone that we both play in the same tournament, we have been honest and didn't play together, and this can be easily proved watching our completely different styles.

So my questions/ reflections to those players of the community who have a doubts regarding the binds between Napo1 and Napo2 are the following one :

1) You don't want me to be a MT only because the case made me and my father love the same game and have the same interest in improving the site? I would have understood if we would have asked to be both in the MT.

2) If there would be a problem regarding Napo1 I guess that for being correct to the MT and thencommunity I wouldn't judge it but only check if in my opinion a case/ discussion should be open or not...

The thingbI want the most, out of being promoted or not in the rank of MT, is to be considered a human, a person with his mentality and not only the son of someone so part of him, this is very important for me.

Thanks
  • Don_Homer, Fairway, Yellowhat and 1 other like this

#9 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:54 PM

First assumption I doubt strongly. Secondly, where someone lives is none of your business. And then your suggesting that Napo jr does not have a mind of his own or something? Ridiculous. 

The question for me is why does R. insist on misreading posts, misunderstanding posts, and then making erroneous conclusions based upon his misreadings?

P.S. I needed to clarify my earlier post which R. apparently likes...I don't understand why.

ZE50coN.png

Edited by KissMyCookie, 31 January 2019 - 01:56 PM.

#10 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

1) You don't want me to be a MT only because the case made me and my father love the same game and have the same interest in improving the site? I would have understood if we would have asked to be both in the MT.

I think both of your enthusiasm is a good quality, however if you have the same interest as to improving things on here, as napoleon 1, I think a lot of members will feel you basically just disqualified yourself.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

#11 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:10 PM

I said we both have / had ibterest to inprove the site, but this doesn't mean we want to do it in the same way..

#12 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 856 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:17 PM

P.S. I needed to clarify my earlier post which R. apparently likes...I don't understand why.

ZE50coN.png

As you see in this image you edited your post. Now I do not like it anymore.

• KissMyCookie likes this

#13 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:23 PM

So,
I expected these comments, for my defense, I don't really see why I can't be a MT because of my father... I have ny own persinality, my own thoughts and my own sense of what is right or not. So yes Napo1 is my father... it' s a fact. He educated me but doesn't mean I agree with his whole thoughts.
We live together, that's true but again I don't see what this has to do, I'm a student (so I go to school) and he is an adult (and goes to work). For this simple difference, we have different routines of time and we see eachother only for dinner / late evening ... while I end school more or less at 16.00 GMT. I also have my own account with my own password with my own PC in my own room... while he has his PC in his office with his account and his password, we are 2 different persons.

Greetings, Napoleon 2ème. Thank you for a kind and candid reply to the ongoing discussion. My first impression of you has been and still is that you are a very nice young lad. There is no reason for me to doubt anything you have written from your point of view about yourself and your day to day life–again, thank you for your candor.

There is something, however, that is a bit more subtle and is not something you will understand completely, nor will you agree with it, but any of us who had left our home and our parents, to go live on our own, or have gone out into the world to seek employment so that we may be a contributing on a more individual plane, will understand that a youth living at home is not yet fully his/her own person. Life simply is not this way. This alone does not go against you, as there are other young folks here who have done very well for themselves and are still living with their parents, but they did not share a rare and unique relationship with this Forum–it is a fact that your father was an MT member, and for all of the other youths who have been or have become MTs, do not have that unique connection.

I believe you when you speak of your own individuality–it is categorically true that you and your father have completely different styles of play–this is to be expected and it is wonderful! You may both have a familiarity with one another's play style, but I can see where you both will give each other BIG surprises from time to time when engaged in a match. Your statement bears an unmistakable irony, however, when you speak of different personalities:

Why then is your father Napoleon 1er , and you are Napoleon 2ème? They are both Napoleon, albeit "the first" and the second.

Even if you two are passing ships at night at sea, you are still living under his roof, and this does not mean that he commands you as a puppet-master–I am sure that he is proud of you, and that he respects you, as well as loves you–I said before, you seem to me to be a very fine lad...there is no doubt. The connection, however, cannot be ignored and the result is that there are questions about it.

Insofar as making improvements to this site, I would like to know how you propose to do this? (Your father is a most capable gentleman, but during his term on the MT, proposed ideas were often brought to a screeching halt and nothing ever became of some of these things–some of them were implemented after he left).

At any rate, I am sure this discussion is just getting started and I do appreciate the opportunity to have this open dialogue.

KMC

#14 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:32 PM

This whole father-son thing is irrelevant. Please judge any person on his own merits / ideas.  We're talking about an accomplished player perfectly capable of articulating his own opinions.

I find the tone by KMC in particular rather condescending. The whole Napoleon naming is exactly as they are written in French history books (commensurate with their level of conquest ambitions on the battle field no doubt!) reflecting their father-son relationship, about which both of them have been upfront. It's a tongue-in-cheek thing, I'm sure. 

I also don't understand Nortrom's remark: which ideas of Napoleon 1er were so unpopular? 

• Don_Homer, Fairway and Napoleon 2ème like this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#15 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:39 PM

I find the tone by KMC in particular rather condescending. 

It is too bad that you feel this way, but it is hardly my intent.

I also don't understand Nortrom's remark: which ideas of Napoleon 1er were so unpopular? 

TemplateRex, do you feel that the Double Chase enforcement policy is useful to the quality of gameplay during a match of Stratego?

#16 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:46 PM

None from my side, because I never saw any.

I do know that during the years of his MT service, I did not observe any improvements - which there was plenty of room for. In one of the discussions the back then MT engaged in, N1 just only frustrated any form of progress. So if N2 has the same level of interest, as he claims, I think that is not a positive thing.

• KissMyCookie likes this

#17 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:47 PM

P.S.

The whole Napoleon naming is exactly as they are written in French history books (commensurate with their level of conquest ambitions on the battle field no doubt!) reflecting their father-son relationship, about which both of them have been upfront.

I would have been far more impressed if Napster's son had opened an account as

D.ofWellington

or even Marshal Blücher

#18 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 856 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:49 PM

None from my side, because I never saw any.

I do know that during the years of his MT service, I did not observe any improvements - which there was plenty of room for. In one of the discussions the back then MT engaged in, N1 just only frustrated any form of progress. So if N2 has the same level of interest, as he claims, I think that is not a positive thing.

So you are making subjective assumptions. You should not do that, especially as an MT member. Who  is leaving MT anyway?

#19 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:53 PM

So you are making subjective assumptions. You should not do that, especially as an MT member. Who  is leaving MT anyway?

It is a very stupid thing to think that Nortrom is making assumptions about anything. It is also arrogant and foolish to suggest that Nortrom does not know how to function in the role of an MT.

@TemplateRex–R.'s post is a perfect example of condescension at its worst.

#20 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

I'm sharing the experiences I've had with N1, as an outsider, a while ago. I suppose my view on that is somewhat subjective, but it is based on what I observed. It is possible that someone else may see these things differently. 

The member leaving has the distinct privilege of announcing this, publicly, himself. 

PS: 

I'd rather see a fruitful discussion about N2, rather than half of the posts being negative encounters between DH and KMC. In a different thread it was suggested the two of you take it into a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users