• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

Quiz: Will the drama ever end?

No ! :D

You still smell of elderberries, Josh . . .

#22 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:57 AM

I don't think being good at these quizzes depends upon the rating of the player. Some people are just very good at this aspect of the game (maybe because they play chess also ? ).

I never understand most of them, and in a difficult endgame I am never able to see that there is some sequence of 15 moves that, if perfectly executed, will guarantee me a win. I just play intuitively and cannot see moves ahead. One time I had a long look at the board and it seemed impossible for me to win a game, but as my opponent was not doing a lot I decided to offer a draw, but he preempted me by surrendering. I guess he had a better understanding of the game than me.

Of course sometimes it goes the other way and I am wondering why my opponent hasn't surrendered yet when I suddenly realize I have lost. 

• Don_Homer and rgillis783 like this

#23 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • 1,131 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:22 PM

KMC, Don,

Please guys, you are both very sensible and friendly guys, you started off on the wrong foot. Please be a bit more tolerant towards each other..

Edited by maxroelofs, 30 January 2019 - 11:22 PM.

• GaryLShelton, Lord Invader, TemplateRex and 1 other like this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#24 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:57 PM

KMC, Don,

Please guys, you are both very sensible and friendly guys, you started off on the wrong foot. Please be a bit more tolerant towards each other..

Greetings Max. I was being quite sensible and merely participating in this discussion when R. decided upon attempting to insult me–it was completely uncalled for. He questioned my ability to understand the possible scenarios of this matter, but Max, you as someone who had spent a good deal of time with me, teaching me quite a lot about Stratego, would know that R.'s question was way out of line and just a very poor attempt at trying to make me look bad. He can go *play with himself.

Edited by KissMyCookie, 30 January 2019 - 11:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users