tokyokyoto

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:50 AM

Reporting Toyko... for simply sending down 3 scouts and then just moving around for 11 minutes. 

Three draws offered and all refused.  Started at 2:47 defeat at 3:00

https://imgur.com/a/f8yvKOy

Thanks,

Ken

Case will be opened.

Note: player name is tokyokyoto

This is complete nonsense.

To the moderators, the game started normal until I noticed that he started moving his pieces back and forth. Frustrated by this I started doing the same. All of sudden he starts saying I have to attack or he will report me. As the game had just started I obiously didn't accept a tie and kept playing until we had a fair and square a game.

This is nothing more but a guy who thought he can endlessly go back and forth while demanding the other player attacks and blackmailing with a report. Ï'm not playing stratego to be blackmailed. I've he wanted the game to continue he could've just moved his pieces, plain and simple. 

Edited by tokyokyoto, 23 January 2019 - 09:33 AM.

#2 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,581 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:14 PM

If neither player wants to make any progress, it is a draw.

A is waiting for B. B is waiting for a. In such a deadlock situation, a draw is the only outcome, unless one of the parties wants to change strategy.

In this situation, this was not the case.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

#3 tokyokyoto

tokyokyoto

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:01 PM

tokyokyoto will have 113 points deducted from his rating for refusing a valid draw with Powderkeg, who will be credited with 13 points for the draw.  

You seriously must be joking lol?

So a guy who refuses to play and blackmails me into a report gets rewarded? :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Give me a break.

But thanks for the tip. So all I have to do is move back and forth from the very beginning which will frustrate a substantial amount of players resulting in them doing the exact same thing. I then request several ties which will be refused ofcourse. Post the screenshots overhere like a little crybaby and victory is mine! Let's see how many players I can trick into this scam :D

Edited by tokyokyoto, 23 January 2019 - 01:21 PM.

#4 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,410 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

You seriously must be joking lol?

So a guy who refuses to play and blackmails me into a report gets rewarded?

If you define a reward as having to waste 15 minutes making screenshots and reporting a player who doesnt understand what a draw is and thinks that the rules of the game apply to his opponents but not to him - just to get back the points that were rightly his then yes, it’s a reward.

#5 tokyokyoto

tokyokyoto

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

If you define a reward as having to waste 15 minutes making screenshots and reporting a player who doesnt understand what a draw is and thinks that the rules of the game apply to his opponents but not to him - just to get back the points that were rightly his then yes, it’s a reward.

I never stated the rules apply to others but not to me. It would never cross my mind to come overhere and cry over something that I was doing aswell and even initiated it. That's just plain ludicrous. But appearantly if you do so, you get rewarded and the other guy punished. 

Noted!

#6 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,410 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:11 PM

I don’t think you understand that you have been punished for refusing a draw. Shuffling pieces is fine, moving scouts pointlessly is fine, refusing a draw when you have no intention to attack yourself - that is not fine. Yes your opponent had
no intention of attacking - hence why he offered the draw.
  • GaryLShelton likes this

#7 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

I never stated the rules apply to others but not to me. It would never cross my mind to come overhere and cry over something that I was doing aswell and even initiated it. That's just plain ludicrous. But appearantly if you do so, you get rewarded and the other guy punished. 

Noted!

@tokyokyoto–I've played that guy, theking63, and my personal feeling is he exudes an obnoxious air, no doubt. I know that you did not ask for advice, but I feel for your cause–the rules, unfortunately, require that when a draw request is made regardless of the circumstances, the player given the request is obligated to either move the game forward or to accept the draw...even if it is the single most distasteful option available. Thus, objectively speaking, the MT had but only one possible option–to hold up the rule.

You are certainly free to try and see if the strategy of asking for a draw, which results in a successful draw refusal case (no progress of any kind in your match), works for you...you may find a few takers, but you might also be surprised that your opponent may decide upon a marshal/general lotto blitz. We had a player here who was famous for shuffling incessantly, and then filed legitimate case after case of draw refusals...of course, a friend of mine got matched up with the guy...the shuffler asked for a draw, but instead got a lotto blitz and rage disconnected from the blitzer. :D

Good luck to you.

KMC :)

• rgillis783 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users