• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:11 AM

Posted 13 hours ago

STRATEGIZER!, on 16 Jan 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:snapback.png

SORRY I FORGOT ABOUT THE VIDEO LOL. hERE IS THE LINK TO THE VIDEO CONTAINING ALL PROOFS OF AVUSIVE TIME WASTING AND INTENTIONAL DISCONNECTION FOR MACYTHEBLACKCAT. https://youtu.be/qWNzZMzxK-8

This player will receive a 2 week ban and -150 ELO for all offenses he is found guilty of.

I try to not get into others cases but after looking at video it seems to this old timer that both players were doing a LONG dance ! At the start of video both buffer clocks were down. I did notice MTBC disconnect and rejoin. I also noted that MTBC made comment about STRAT slow moves. My main question to STRAT is why not put the cat down? Snag the flag and move on ! It seemed to me that you STRAT could have wrapped this up with out the case. If STRAT or the MT could/would shed further light on this I do appreciate it. I have noticed a fair amount of players no longer want to wrap up a match with FLAG capture. They prefer to just to try and collect pieces, even with miners available. It seems a bit unsportsmanlike to me anyway. :huh:  :(  <_<  

#2 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:53 PM

Moved your question to the " Ask the MT " section. We like to keep the report threads for exactly that - reports.

1. MTBC is moving 15 seconds a move at a lot of moves - that counts for ATW

2. Disconnect

3. Rejoining after a DC, can be seen as a sneaky rejoin in a case like this

4. He clearly abused pause requests too. Proves ill intent once more.

Last but not least, this player took upon every opportunity to be as obnoxious as possible. 

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

#3 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:43 PM

Thank for the response Nortrom but my main question is why the video ? Why not just win !  Guess will never know-shame.

Moved your question to the " Ask the MT " section. We like to keep the report threads for exactly that - reports.

1. MTBC is moving 15 seconds a move at a lot of moves - that counts for ATW

2. Disconnect

3. Rejoining after a DC, can be seen as a sneaky rejoin in a case like this

4. He clearly abused pause requests too. Proves ill intent once more.

Last but not least, this player took upon every opportunity to be as obnoxious as possible. 

#4 STRATEGIZER!

STRATEGIZER!

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:40 AM

can you not answer you own question rgillis783? i will answer your question and not reply back. I just want to let you know that people like macytheblackcat... all of them players... should all be reported for all their offenses and for the change of behavior that might result from the sanctions decided by the MT. Have you looked at the video? if yes i am truly surprised by your question. if no one reports them, NOTHING will change as to how the players can abuse one another. We all want good sportmanship, fair play and respect. the last thread for nortrom pretty sums up all of the mischiefs done by MTBC. I encourage anyone without hesitation to come to the reports thread and report any players that needs to be reported. Or are you implying in your question that you believe we should not care about those kind of behaviors/players because - as one nihilist would think -  nothing will change even if we sanction them? Well, something has to be done in order to have a better overall experience in multiplayer. I am happy the MT is there for us, it is truly a blessing considering it is my first report(after so many abusive players which I should have reported), how fast the case was resolved ans how serious they took it judging from the sanctions the MT applied. Moreover, the whole thing is not about winning or losing, it's about giving slowly but surely the means and the power over to the community to make the multiplayer environment  a better place for everyone. There are so many abusive people playing the online stratego on the platform I play on  I don't think I ever saw a multiplayer game  were people were so focused on winning and refuse to draw for that reason. 

• Nortrom and Losermaker like this

#5 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

There is no clear "The flag is here". Even if there were, a player doesn't  get to decide on whether the opponent wins by capturing all pieces or the flag. 

Bottom line is, this player was being a major nuisance and will serve time for it. 

Unfortunately we can't "break in" into live games and adjudicate / educate people. It would deal with situations like this so much better. 

Furthermore, I agree with STRATEGIZER!'s remark about how much winning means to some. Everyone likes to win. Some just have zero dignity. It is one of the downsides of online play. It, in a way, encourages people to be more annoying than they would in real life, simply due to the fact they're safe behind their screen :).

EDIT: And yes, reports are, unfortunately, key to maintaining a clean playerpool. I think most internet users are used to some sort  of negative chat being directed their way, but being an extreme poor sport and thus ruining the experience. They actually go out of their way, to not just waste your time, but also theirs. Pretty telling about the ones doing it.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

#6 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:37 PM

STRAT thank you for taking the time to read my post and responding. I do think you and Nortrom may have missed the point of my post though. I agree 100% on ya right  to report any player and encourage others to also. My point or question was directly to why not "just put the cat down" ? This quote means as far as I could see you had a huge advantage .It looks like your a good player. Why not just go and snatch flag and end match ? I am not looking for argument just clarity on that style. I myself have seen it in many matchs--no huge issue with it. I have had players request surrender. It just seems odd that players would rather spend and extra 10-15 min collecting pieces to win.When they could have achieved the win in 5 min with flag capture and gotten into a fresh match. Once more for STRAT and NORTROM if collecting pieces is ya game, I have no huge issue with it. I myself will keep looking for"treasure-flag" the objective of the game. 

can you not answer you own question rgillis783? i will answer your question and not reply back. I just want to let you know that people like macytheblackcat... all of them players... should all be reported for all their offenses and for the change of behavior that might result from the sanctions decided by the MT. Have you looked at the video? if yes i am truly surprised by your question. if no one reports them, NOTHING will change as to how the players can abuse one another. We all want good sportmanship, fair play and respect. the last thread for nortrom pretty sums up all of the mischiefs done by MTBC. I encourage anyone without hesitation to come to the reports thread and report any players that needs to be reported. Or are you implying in your question that you believe we should not care about those kind of behaviors/players because - as one nihilist would think -  nothing will change even if we sanction them? Well, something has to be done in order to have a better overall experience in multiplayer. I am happy the MT is there for us, it is truly a blessing considering it is my first report(after so many abusive players which I should have reported), how fast the case was resolved ans how serious they took it judging from the sanctions the MT applied. Moreover, the whole thing is not about winning or losing, it's about giving slowly but surely the means and the power over to the community to make the multiplayer environment  a better place for everyone. There are so many abusive people playing the online stratego on the platform I play on  I don't think I ever saw a multiplayer game  were people were so focused on winning and refuse to draw for that reason. 

#7 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:04 PM

Nortrom really -- "There is no clear "The Flag is here". I am surprised that one of the top players of this game would not have better radar on were the flag should be. Especially when half of your opponents pieces have been eliminated. If ya radar was off I would also hope you would have the pieces to find it .  

There is no clear "The flag is here". Even if there were, a player doesn't  get to decide on whether the opponent wins by capturing all pieces or the flag. 

Bottom line is, this player was being a major nuisance and will serve time for it. 

Unfortunately we can't "break in" into live games and adjudicate / educate people. It would deal with situations like this so much better. 

Furthermore, I agree with STRATEGIZER!'s remark about how much winning means to some. Everyone likes to win. Some just have zero dignity. It is one of the downsides of online play. It, in a way, encourages people to be more annoying than they would in real life, simply due to the fact they're safe behind their screen :).

EDIT: And yes, reports are, unfortunately, key to maintaining a clean playerpool. I think most internet users are used to some sort  of negative chat being directed their way, but being an extreme poor sport and thus ruining the experience. They actually go out of their way, to not just waste your time, but also theirs. Pretty telling about the ones doing it.

#8 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,204 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:45 PM

Hey rgillis, I think I've gotta side with the opposition on this one. There are 5 possible closed flag locations in remaining in MTBC's setup at the time the buffer ran out. 5 possible locations! That's a lot. To explore only ONE of those, one must bring up a miner from their setup all the way to the other side of the board, keep in mind that each move is 15 seconds. Then they attack a piece in the setup.... 80% chance that's not leading to the flag. So you'd have to bring ALL five miners up to explore all possibilities, and every time you bring a miner up you're waiting 15 seconds per move. That's a long time... STRATEGIZER's miners are an average of 8 moves away from reaching the nearest point in MTBC's setup, so 8 moves*5exploration pieces*15 seconds (per move) = 600 seconds... 10 ADDITIONAL minutes of the game could have been played this way if MTBC's buffer hadn't run out. 

OR you already have three unbeatable pieces pressuring MTBC's setup if you're strategizer. MTBC has only 7 moving pieces... and I'd be willing to bet that at least one of those sergeant are bombed in as a decoy (a common silver tactic). So that leaves 6 pieces. That's nearly the same amount of flag options, and killing pieces that he's pressured to move while restricting his setup movement probably is a lot easier. Probably an average of 4 moves per piece (to kill it) *6 pieces*15 seconds=  360 seconds... 6 minutes

Anyway that was a way too long post that just needed to say "it's in general easier to kill pieces when you've restricted a person's setup than bring up 4-5 separate miners because their flag is nowhere near obvious"

• Losermaker likes this
WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#9 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

Now that is an EXPLANATION ! Thank you Fairway your explanation makes it much clearer for me. Thank you for taking the time to sort this out for me.  

Hey rgillis, I think I've gotta side with the opposition on this one. There are 5 possible closed flag locations in remaining in MTBC's setup at the time the buffer ran out. 5 possible locations! That's a lot. To explore only ONE of those, one must bring up a miner from their setup all the way to the other side of the board, keep in mind that each move is 15 seconds. Then they attack a piece in the setup.... 80% chance that's not leading to the flag. So you'd have to bring ALL five miners up to explore all possibilities, and every time you bring a miner up you're waiting 15 seconds per move. That's a long time... STRATEGIZER's miners are an average of 8 moves away from reaching the nearest point in MTBC's setup, so 8 moves*5exploration pieces*15 seconds (per move) = 600 seconds... 10 ADDITIONAL minutes of the game could have been played this way if MTBC's buffer hadn't run out. 

OR you already have three unbeatable pieces pressuring MTBC's setup if you're strategizer. MTBC has only 7 moving pieces... and I'd be willing to bet that at least one of those sergeant are bombed in as a decoy (a common silver tactic). So that leaves 6 pieces. That's nearly the same amount of flag options, and killing pieces that he's pressured to move while restricting his setup movement probably is a lot easier. Probably an average of 4 moves per piece (to kill it) *6 pieces*15 seconds=  360 seconds... 6 minutes

Anyway that was a way too long post that just needed to say "it's in general easier to kill pieces when you've restricted a person's setup than bring up 4-5 separate miners because their flag is nowhere near obvious"

Edited by rgillis783, 21 January 2019 - 03:57 PM.

• Fairway likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users