• 2,711 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:24 PM

For now we have :

3 votes for option 1: GaryLShelton, Don Homer and Yellowhat

6 votes for option 2: Nortrom, Morx, Jesus-saves, Rgillis, TheOptician, fairway

2 votes for option 2.5: Tilor, oracle

7 votes for option 3: Napoleon 1er, templaterex, UnladenSwallow, Astros, Murph878, Ntactical-reboot, Napoleon 2ème

2 non clear votes but looking like favorable for option 3: Tobermoryx, fks

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#62 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:40 PM

I don't know how to type Greek on my keyboard...lol

How embarrassing!!!  ;)  ;)  ;)

#63 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:41 PM

For now we have :

7 votes for option 3: Napoleon 1er, templaterex, UnladenSwallow, Astros, Murph878, Ntactical-reboot, Napoleon 2ème

SEVEN votes for option 2, Daniel.

#64 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:13 PM

It's not about whether someone likes it or not. I understand people don't like it. It's about ownership. Where do you draw the line? Can I post a 30 second fragment of a game without permission? Post a diagram with analysis? Can I discuss the full video in private with another player/coach? In private with a small club of players?

Yes, well someone who studies law might be able to tell us this.

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#65 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:20 PM

For now we have :

I guess you forgot Losermaker for option 2 as KMC said

Edited by Napoleon 2ème, 30 December 2018 - 04:20 PM.

I  never lose, I win or I learn…

#66 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:10 PM

I guess you forgot Losermaker for option 2 as KMC said

EIGHT votes for option 2–add Losermaker and KissMyCookie

#67 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:31 PM

Yes, well someone who studies law might be able to tell us this.

Well I feel free to share anything except for public posting on YouTube. Good luck trying to enforce secrecy of your games in someone else’s private conversations. I know for a fact that top players share such info among themselves in private training sessions.

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#68 Losermaker

Losermaker

Captain

• Moderators
  • 840 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:51 PM

Yes I am option 2. I had different reasoning to Gary's house analogy. ;)

a more similar example to this situation is when one needs to use the public restroom. You go to the door and knock to see if you can go in, you get no answer and assume that counts as permission to enter. If someone doesn't answer that's their fault if you come in on them, you tried.

The thing is, going into the restroom is no problem in the first place. It is not a 'wrong' action to enter a restroom.

Going into a restroom when someone is in there and asks you not to is a different thing.

#69 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 828 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:53 PM

Well I feel free to share anything except for public posting on YouTube. Good luck trying to enforce secrecy of your games in someone else’s private conversations. I know for a fact that top players share such info among themselves in private training sessions.

Im talking about posting video's on the public internet.

#70 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:00 PM

So, to answer your question: No, there should be no discussion or debate within this thread...please start a new one for such content.

With the title of Public Discussion: Video Content Rules, where else would a discussion take place?  The reason for dividing this material up between what is perceived as discussion and what is perceived as debate is like looking through an opaque window.  Not very clear.  As long as everyone remains civil I see no reason to fog up things by moving to another room.

• Don_Homer, Napoleon 1er, tobermoryx and 1 other like this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#71 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:35 AM

With the title of Public Discussion: Video Content Rules, where else would a discussion take place?  The reason for dividing this material up between what is perceived as discussion and what is perceived as debate is like looking through an opaque window.  Not very clear.  As long as everyone remains civil I see no reason to fog up things by moving to another room.

You clearly miss the entire point, Gary. Nortrom requested that the thread be confined to offering an opinion and choosing one of three options. And, Nortrom went to the express trouble of stating that "We heavily prefer reading several thoughts over players trying to convince each other, so please keep it to that." He did not say that discussion was not possible, and he also did not spell it out, but by sheer logic...by starting a separate thread for discussion would be an option.

This thread clearly demonstrates that possibly, there people here do not read instructions well, nor do they imagine options outside of the box. There's nothing wrong with that at all, so, if you and some others want to ignore Nortrom's instructions, that's okay...ignore away...lol...

#72 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:22 PM

Option 3. 

How would options 1 and 2 even be enforced? Most players on this site probably do not check every Youtube channel to see if their game has been posted, and they probably have little idea whether or not they have ever been recorded.

Just update your setups from time to time and play the game....

• Dobby125, tobermoryx, TemplateRex and 1 other like this

#73 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:35 PM

Option 3. 

How would options 1 and 2 even be enforced?

KoP, we would only hear cases if they were reported by opponent being recorded. If no one complained, there'd be no offense.

Since you're correct about the difficulty of following every public avenue for posting videos, the matter would be enforced by deterrence like all offenses, the penalty severe enough to make honest people want to avoid it. To satisfy 1) all that's needed is a simple ask and a positive response; for number 2) a simple ask only. For either of these requirements the evidence must clearly be in the BattleChat of the video.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#74 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:56 PM

Hi, I wanted to ask what's the goal of this topic.. most players of the community have shared their opinion about this... and now what? Will the MT see what the majority wants or let one more week to talk...? What is going to happen?

#75 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:58 PM

For now we have :

8 votes for option 2: Nortrom, Morx, Jesus-saves, Rgillis, TheOptician, fairway, KMC, Losermaker

8 votes for option 3: Napoleon 1er, templaterex, UnladenSwallow, Astros, Murph878, Ntactical-reboot, Napoleon 2ème, knightofpepsi

Edited by Napoleon 2ème, 13 January 2019 - 01:59 PM.

#76 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,486 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:41 PM

We're going through a change of personnel and other topics currently. I reckon this one will be picked up in the near future.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

#77 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:19 PM

I do not see where Tilor and Oracle made their posts to claim 2.5. That certainly wasn't an option officially. They should either be placed in #2 or #3. Probably #2 because they are a solid 2 but not a solid 3.

Major Nelson hasn't voted in this topic but did within the MT. Unless he's changed his mind he was a clear #1 there.

To restate my opinion, I really don't get the big deal over asking and then waiting for permission to be given. One person said not everyone is on BattleChat so expecting a reply was too much and he voted #2. But why is expecting an answer too much of a requirement? If you don't get it, you can still video, just don't upload. And then you can upload the next game where you DO get it. And if not that game, then the next. Do video-ers play so few games that they must publish every game they record? How does a small inconvenience to the video-er trump the opponent's right not to be published?
  • Don_Homer likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

#78 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:54 PM

To clairfy, I am for letting your opponent know you are recording and that should be enough to publish. 

Stratego has been hurt too much by people not uploading videos. Top players need to get it out of there head that people can learn from there setups and style. People should learn from your setups & style, you have to constantly be changing to stay on top.

At live tournaments there should be a stream of both sides of the board with a expert commentator. I would have loved to watch the team cup and invitational top 32 and would've paid to watch as well. Stratego has a chance of building up once you start doing this.

The only thing this causes is to make players use many different styles instead of sticking in to there comfort zone, striving for everyone to be better.

• slowmutant8 and Napoleon 2ème like this
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#79 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 828 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:05 PM

Stratego has been hurt too much by people not uploading videos.

This is pure nonsense. You can not proove this and you know its not true. Stratego has been hurt by bugs on this website, no implementation of rules, no game timer, abusive behaviour, no record (win, draw, lose etc), people who quit tournaments etc. Not because some people wont give permission to upload their matchcontent.

• Nortrom likes this

#80 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:10 PM

This is pure nonsense. You can not proove this and you know its not true. Stratego has been hurt by bugs on this website, no implementation of rules, no game timer, abusive behaviour, no record (win, draw, lose etc), people who quit tournaments etc. Not because some people wont give permission to upload their matchcontent.

I did not say due to lack of permission. I said due to lack of players uploading (or atleast that was the meaning of what I said if the language barrier got in the way). This is obvious with many proofs to back it and should be a given. I also did not limit it to only this so Idk what your deal is.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users