Wnehme

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted A week ago

Question : when he was going down with his major in min 14, why did you move the miner right? The one in G3?

#103 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,042 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

So, my general was unknown and unmoved which is quite strange at that point of the game. This is why I decided to pretend my miner to be the gen, it seemed quite obvious that it was. So he became that confident, that he decided to go directly on my gen, which was the objective.

My idea is that you don't have to bring your pieces where you want, but force your opponent to bring his pieces where you want them to be :)
  • TemplateRex, Bobby Dylan and Wnehme like this
I never lose, I win or I learn…

#104 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted A week ago

My idea is that you don't have to bring your pieces where you want, but force your opponent to bring his pieces where you want them to be :)

Maxroelofs uses the phrase "mobilise your bombs" for the process of clearing the path for your opponent to hit them :)

• Napoleon 2ème likes this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#105 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted A week ago

I learned more from watching your match vs. me than I have in any other video that I've watched.

I think my mistakes were:

1. My bluffs were terrible. They were obvious and just caused me to lose pieces that I couldn't afford to lose. I should have figured that in most of those cases it would make sense for you to just hit. If I had a numbers advantage I would have had a better chance especially while I still had a major on you.

2. I was way too aggressive with my major in the middle, especially with your general unknown. Yes, the fact that you didn't take my captain earlier fooled me. :(  If I kept that major I would have had a much better chance.

3. I should have tried some more lotto when I had a chance, when I was already losing but still had an opportunity. :)  Then again when I brought my last captain down to lotto it ran right into a major. :(

Do you plan to also upload our second match? That's the one I have posted from my perspective on YT.  :)

For me it was very helpful to hear your comments. I can tell you did your homework vs. me ;)  but it helped to learn what you were thinking as the game progressed and I made certain moves, some better than others.

Edited by KnightofPepsi, A week ago.

#106 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,042 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

I learned more from watching your match vs. me than I have in any other video that I've watched.

I think my mistakes were:

1. My bluffs were terrible. They were obvious and just caused me to lose pieces that I couldn't afford to lose. I should have figured that in most of those cases it would make sense for you to just hit. If I had a numbers advantage I would have had a better chance especially while I still had a major on you.
2. I was way too aggressive with my major in the middle, especially with your general unknown. Yes, the fact that you didn't take my captain earlier fooled me. :( If I kept that major I would have had a much better chance.
3. I should have tried some more lotto when I had a chance, when I was already losing but still had an opportunity. :) Then again when I brought my last captain down to lotto it ran right into a major. :(

Do you plan to also upload our second match? That's the one I have posted from my perspective on YT. :)

For me it was very helpful to hear your comments. I can tell you did your homework vs. me ;) but it helped to learn what you were thinking as the game progressed and I made certain moves, some better than others.

Thanks for the nice comment!

The second video is also online I think

Here: https://youtu.be/ddlfo8HihuM ;)
  • KnightofPepsi likes this
I never lose, I win or I learn…

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users