Photo

MT Position support

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: MT Position support (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you approve of Nortrom remaining part of the MT?

1. Yes (13 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,920 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:56 PM

Hi all,

It has been some time ago since I joined the green team, we have, since then, I feel, tackled quite some policy and attitude issues.

Non-exhaustive list of things we have improved or/and introduced:

- Chasing policy
- Draw refusal policy (still not 100% perfect)
- Disconnect policy & sneaky rejoins
- Time wasting policy to tackle obnoxious players
- Given players the option to early on quit a game against a supposedly PB'ed player
- New step in penalty scheme so that the difference between 2nd (1 week) and 3rd (1 month) penalty is decreased. 2=1 week. 3 = 2 weeks. 4 = 1 month.
- Player redemption option

And perhaps the most important ones; a certain level of transparency, accountability and letting common sense prevail over the rulebook to increase serviceability.

There are still some other ongoing discussions that will be wrapped up soon™ regarding improvements (e.g. MT subforum)

On technical level there is not much the green team can currently get changed. This doesn't mean it will never happen, just that the MT limits itself (rightfully at this moment, I feel) to policy improvements.

I feel the MT is currently in a good shape, most cases are handled rapidly, the members of the team are fine individuals who want to solve cases and are willing to improve the rulebook(s) without getting caught up in back and forth debates too much and generally I experience the individuals being open minded and more interested in the opinion of the community (trials, polls, feedback).

With all this being said, I do not intend to hold this position indefinitely just for the sake of holding it. Should the community speak out its desire for me to stay on the green team, I will happily do so. If not, I'll just as happily pass on the torch to someone else.

Nortrom

Poll will end 2 weeks from now.

• berre, Napoleon 1er, mirmidonas.gr and 1 other like this

sOoQsuN.png

#2 texaspete09

texaspete09

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 560 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:09 AM

The MT has been productive as ever under your lead, Nortrom, yours and others' efforts are much appreciated.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#3 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:30 AM

Idk if it's just me but I would rather Lonello over Nortrom as a moderator.
  • Nortrom and Sevenseas like this
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#4 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:46 AM

So why not have general elections rather this single MT member vote of confidence? I can’t recall any negativity against Nortrom since his incumbency. If he wants to quit, fine, if not, also fine. Make up your own mind!
  • tobermoryx likes this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#5 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,920 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

F2Og5EO.png

I'm living up to this statement. 

If other mods want would to start a poll about themselves, I think that's great. 

• Morx and TemplateRex like this

sOoQsuN.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users