Thebeesknees

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:35 PM

I will admit that I have lost twice on my account, but it says 3 times. The third one never happend and I have notice is a glitch that occurs sometimes when you play in the app. Are you able to take this loss off of my record?

#2 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:21 PM

I will admit that I have lost twice on my account, but it says 3 times. The third one never happend and I have notice is a glitch that occurs sometimes when you play in the app. Are you able to take this loss off of my record?

Hi Thebeesknees at the moment there is no way to change your win loss ratio unless you want to completely reset your account to 100 ELO rating and 0/0 wins and losses. I play on the app sometimes and have lost at least around 100 points and ruined my undeafeted alternate account due to me canceling searches and then going off the app maybe that's the issue you had.
The only thing I assume I can tell you that could help is play on the browser and you won't run in to this problem if that's not possible just play every time you hit to search for a ranked match since the match maker won't stop searching for you once you hit even if you press cancel.

On a side note it seems like this an alternate account of yours. At the moment your only allowed to have 1 forum account and all accounts have to be put in the alias register if you want to compete in tournaments. If this is your only account ignore this :)
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#3 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 24 December 2018 - 03:34 PM

Hello,

I just got paired with a player. I dont know the name anymore (about 60% win ratio). And I was stupid not to make a screenshot. Anyway the player didnt click ready and after the time was over, nothing happened. So I restarted in the hope it would let me join the match but nothing happened when I logged back in. Anyway I have another loss to my account I assume (I went down in rank anyway). Is it possible to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#4 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 864 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:37 PM

Please, can I have a reaction of an MT member?

#5 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:06 AM

I'm not an MT member anymore but in my time there was no way to change the win/loss, and no way to verify what happened in a game without a video/screenshot.
  • Don_Homer likes this

#6 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,200 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:52 PM

Don, tobermoryx is right that we cannot verify anything and make adjustments in w/l stats. Was this on the desktop or new app?

I play on the new app 95% of the time and can tell you there are a number of weird things that happen there. One is that I often get ready and my opponent gets ready. We even speak in BattleChat, but then the game doesn't start properly. And we both wait. And wait. Usually it takes about 30-45 seconds but then I get a Draw banner with the message "Your opponent couldn't initialize correctly." There is no change in my rating after these events.

If I get impatient and quit in one of these events, however, then I lose points. So, I don't know what happens but I just deal with it, I guess. It sounds similar to your experience.

We have indeed been known, over time, to restore points in the event of site faults at the very beginning of the game but even these times require a video or a few screenshots to establish, so I'm afraid here you're unfortunately out of luck.

What would Homer say? 😊
  • Don_Homer likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#7 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,200 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:56 PM

Don, tobermoryx is right that we cannot verify anything and make adjustments in w/l stats. Was this on the desktop or new app?

I play on the new app 95% of the time and can tell you there are a number of weird things that happen there. One is that I often get ready and my opponent gets ready. We even speak in BattleChat, but then the game doesn't start properly. And we both wait. And wait. Usually it takes about 30-45 seconds but then I get a Draw banner with the message "Your opponent couldn't initialize correctly." There is no change in my rating after these events.

If I get impatient and quit in one of these events, however, then I lose points. So, I don't know what happens but I just deal with it, I guess. It sounds similar to your experience.

We have indeed been known, over time, to restore points in the event of site faults at the very beginning of the game but even these times require a video or a few screenshots to establish, so I'm afraid here you're unfortunately out of luck.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#8 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 864 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:06 AM

On the Desktop

Yes, this is probably the same. So maybe the bug can also happen on desktop. I was too impaitent apparently and thought to solve it by logging in again (also having the 5 min time in mind).

.What would Homer say?

DO'H!

Edited by Don_Homer, 30 December 2018 - 12:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users