Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Swiss Tournament Manager
  • 547 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:01 PM

Hi

As everyone know here, I'm a really big fan of the Star Wars serie, and I wanted to shar with you some curiosities which I hope, will push you in watching star wars again thiking of it.

1) E.T appears in the third episode of the Star Wars film (The revenge of the sith) 

And for those of you who remeber the E.T. film, when it's halloween, E.T. eets a boy with a Yoda mask, and running to him he says "home, home"

2) Looking at Indiana Jones, in the background, you can see some hieroglifics and one of them represent R2D2 and C3P0

In the same film you can see that the name of the plane is "OB-CPO" probably refering to Obi Wan and C3PO

3) The millenium Falcon is present in the third episode on COruscant !

Let me know if you think this topic is interesting or not, then I know if I can share some other things about the star wars movies  or if it's better to focus on Stratego. If anyone has some questions about these films, feel free to ask me and I ll try to answer you  :D

• Don_Homer likes this
I never lose, I win or I learn…

#2 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:03 AM

Im not very familiar but the old star wars movies are still on my bucket list to watch (as are a lot of other movies).

• Moghedien and Napoleon 2ème like this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#3 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 November 2018 - 07:47 AM

I have seen them all I guess twice or thrice, but I am not someone who is discovering faults in the movies etc. It all began of course with parts IV-VI, then I-III. The special effects etc. in the latter movies are of course better than in the old ones, but the old ones are still favourite for me.

• Don_Homer and Napoleon 2ème like this

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt

#4 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• 547 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:50 PM

I have seen them all I guess twice or thrice, but I am not someone who is discovering faults in the movies etc. It all began of course with parts IV-VI, then I-III. The special effects etc. in the latter movies are of course better than in the old ones, but the old ones are still favourite for me.

Of course, the order you use to Watch it change completely your point of view…

If you Watch I - VI you will slowly discover who is the true Dark Lord of the Sith, watching the chronological order which they were made, you will discover familiar binds ect…

What do you think of the spin off (Rogue One, Han Solo movie,...)?

• Moghedien likes this

#5 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 November 2018 - 08:57 PM

Of course, the order you use to Watch it change completely your point of view…

If you Watch I - VI you will slowly discover who is the true Dark Lord of the Sith, watching the chronological order which they were made, you will discover familiar binds ect…

What do you think of the spin off (Rogue One, Han Solo movie,...)?

Wow, you are a real fan I guess. The spin off Rogue One was very good I must say. Han Solo movie I have not seen yet. Is it as good? What I remember from part I (but I haven't seen it in a long long time) is that irritating Jar Jar Binks. However part II and III were better again as I remember. 

By the way, don't know if you are a Harry Potter fan (I am not although I like the books and movies) but the Fantastic Beasts movies are very good!

• Napoleon 2ème likes this

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt

#6 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• 547 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:14 PM

Wow, you are a real fan I guess. The spin off Rogue One was very good I must say. Han Solo movie I have not seen yet. Is it as good? What I remember from part I (but I haven't seen it in a long long time) is that irritating Jar Jar Binks. However part II and III were better again as I remember. 

By the way, don't know if you are a Harry Potter fan (I am not although I like the books and movies) but the Fantastic Beasts movies are very good!

Well, there is a biig theory behing Jar Jar, as you know, épisodes I II and III have been made after the other, so, George Lucas decided to put characters quite important which would explain the other épisodes (IV V and VI). 

So, this means that every single character was thought and very important, many people, like you, Don't like Jar Jar because too stupid… too… Strange ect..

BUT

You can see many importants things which I will explain you and maybe you will start seeing SW in another way ;)

Remember episode III

Palpatine explains the tragedy of "Darth Plagueis the Wise", a Sith Lord who had won the death but who was killed by his apprentice… he says it like if he had lived the story… what if he was the apprentice who killed Darth Plagueis? 

Admitting what he said is true, it would mean that he didn't kill him, or at least that Plagueis didn't die true?

Now the interesting part of the theory is coming, Jar Jar is Darth Plagueis, he is the true Dark Lord of the Sith !!!!!!!

YOu Don't Believe me right now and think I'm a really crazy boy who is just saying randoms things, but here I will prove it :

1) YOu feeling about Jar Jar is that he is stupid, so, explain me how a stupid guy became Senator? Maybe using the Force ?

2) In episode III, who suggests to give full powers to Palpatine? Jar Jar and this, allowed Palpatine to became emperor !

3) If you see in episode II, you can note that he is Moving his mouth while some other characters like Padme are talking, would it be a mistake of effects or is it what George wanted and in this case, it would mean that he is making saying to other characters what he wants?

4) In episode I, Jar Jar and some other characters are eating to Anakin's home and Jar Jar is like provocing Qui Gon to test his reflex, maybe because of this he informed Darth Maul and that's how Darth Maul killed Qui Gonn (SPOILER ALERT)

Now, did your opinion of Jar Jar changed? Or do you think I'm still a crazy boy? :D

About your question, I watched the Harry Potter saga, but sadly you can't talk as much about those films than you can do with Star Wars.

The Han Solo spin off is really great, full of Easter Eggs, a few disappointing things but globaly great, a film to Watch.

#7 roeczak

roeczak

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,028 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 November 2018 - 08:49 AM

What do y'all think about the sequels?
Roeczak <----- Stratego YT channel
Highest Rating : 966 (Platinum Marshal)

#8 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 November 2018 - 10:47 AM

They suck.
  • rgillis783 likes this
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#9 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• 547 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:04 PM

Sequels are a rimake of the original trilogy, a third time that they build a starkiller base ect.... 

I'm still hoping about Snoke and made my own theory :

He is the supreme leader and shows that he is a strong user of the Force, so why did he die so easily?

MY theory is the Following one :

He wasn't really there, but iot was only Something like an hologram, in fact, in the end, Luke appears but we discover he is only an illusion he creates using the Force… why Snoke wouldn't have done the same?

To proove this theory I only have one proove, but which is very plausible : Snoke says he created a bind between Rey and Kylo Ren but this connection doesn't disappear after his death… maybe because he is still alive?

And why would Disney have created a character who is supposed to be the real enemy but disappears after 2 épisodes and had only a marginal role?

Now coming to another theory :

Is it possible that Snoke isn't a new character ? Would it be possible that he is… for example… Master Windu? We didn't see Windu died honestly… and he got exposed to Palpatine's bluelight for only few seconds while Luke was exposed for ages in episode VI

• Henry domerkant likes this

#10 roeczak

roeczak

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,028 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:06 PM

He could be Darth Plagueis.
Theories are fun!
Roeczak <----- Stratego YT channel
Highest Rating : 966 (Platinum Marshal)

#11 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:33 PM

aac377zpvrcz.jpg

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#12 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• 547 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:16 PM

He could be Darth Plagueis.
Theories are fun!

True, but admitting Jar Jar theory is true, it would mean he has changed appearance once again..?

Major Nelso, excellent theory ! everything is possible, we didn't see him dying ^^

• rgillis783 likes this

#13 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:29 PM

Darth Jar Jar is 100% confirmed by Rian Johnson

#14 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• 547 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 November 2018 - 04:29 PM

Darth Jar Jar is 100% confirmed by Rian Johnson

Mmhhmm but why George Lucas didn't confirm it? And why Disney doesn't use it? Is it because episode X XI and XII are coming?

#15 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:54 AM

Saw this on Reddit figured I would share it. Real fact on how American kicked some British keister 200 years ago !

smjs11dhcv321.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

#16 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• 547 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:23 PM

Seems real and authentic lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic