#1 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Miner

• German Tournament Manager
  • 163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:48 AM

Am 2.12 findet die Europameisterschaft in Brüssel statt. Für das dritte Team suche ich noch 2 Mitstreiter. 5 Runden. Anreise ist am 1.12. Da das Turnier von der EU veranstaltet wird ist am 3.12 ein Besuch des EU-Parlamentes verpflichtend. Hotel und Essen werden bezahlt.

Lasst mich wissen ob ihr Interesse habt.

John
+49-172-6775215
John.haefele@mail.de
  • berre likes this

#2 Eagle06

Eagle06

Major

• Swiss Tournament Manager
  • 1,324 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:13 PM

Ich verstehe nicht... ist es für das Turnier 2019?

I never lose, I win or I learn…

Posted Image

#3 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Miner

• 163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:34 PM

Nein, das ist eine Einladung der EU, ist wohl die europäische Meisterschaft wenn du so willst. Ich weiss nicht ob nur EU Länder eingeladen wurden, oder auch Schweizer. Ich habe auch eine Anfrage laufen lassen, ob ich zb. Mit euch als Zweiländerteam (dir und deinem Vater) spielen könnte, aber da habe ich noch nichts gehört.

Sonst rufe mich an, dann können wir auch am Telefon sprechen.

#4 Eagle06

Eagle06

Major

• 1,324 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:49 PM

Okay, ich will wenn ich ein bisschen Zeit habe, aber mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt^^

Hast du meinem PM über das Turniere in der Schweiz?

Posted Image

#5 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Miner

• 163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 November 2018 - 06:58 AM

We can write in english. Yes I do. As you are located in the Italian part of Switzerand, it might make sense to think about two tournaments. One in your region and one in the German speaking part.

We should start to collect e-mail addresses of people interested, as this will help in the communication.

John
  • Wogomite likes this

#6 Eagle06

Eagle06

Major

• 1,324 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 22 November 2018 - 05:12 PM

We can write in english. Yes I do. As you are located in the Italian part of Switzerand, it might make sense to think about two tournaments. One in your region and one in the German speaking part.

We should start to collect e-mail addresses of people interested, as this will help in the communication.

John

mmh

2 tournaments would be a bit useless, better to regroup everything in one and make a bigger tournament in the center of Switzerland, then people from greece and netherland wouldn't have that much to do, without forgetting southern germany northern italy and France. Don't you think? Maybe let's organise the Live World Championship 2020 in center Switzerland? It would be a great compromise for everyone and easy to come for a great part of the Community. I guess it would be better if we were 3 or 4 organisers if we decide to follow my idea…

Let me know what you think.

I personally have the email and phone number from Stratego Promoter from Naarden who was really interested in helping in the organisation of a tournament in Switzerland.

Would anyone be interested in helping with this project?

Posted Image

#7 Wogomite

Wogomite

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 22 November 2018 - 05:30 PM

Napo Jr, I agree with John about having two. I do think what you said does have a point though and focusing on one won't split participation. I think the solution is to focus on a primary tournament that the Greeks and dutch and serious players can focus on attending while having a second tournament in the other area to also keep from leaving willing Stratego players from benefiting from it there as well. The more people willing to go to both, the better but as for a main event, it's likely you won't see all of the Greek and Dutch players at both. As for the players that can go to both, it is an extra benefit and the goal is to grow more and more each year. The biggest impact on the future in any area is not just one tournament but keeping contact, allowing for places to meet regularly and hopefully turning regular activity into a club. For a wc to happen in your area, you will have to show isf that you have a regular group of people that play and attend live tournaments.

#8 Wogomite

Wogomite

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,177 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 22 November 2018 - 05:33 PM

Also, the Greeks and Dutch that won't be available for your first tournament may be available for your second tournamnet.

#9 Eagle06

Eagle06

Major

• 1,324 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 22 November 2018 - 06:36 PM

aah this is what john means? I thought he meant, 2 at the same time !

Posted Image

#10 Eagle06

Eagle06

Major

• 1,324 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 22 November 2018 - 06:37 PM

Or does he mean one only for swiss and german guys and the second one for the world?

Posted Image

#11 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Miner

• 163 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:14 PM

I was speaking of smaller local tournaments firstly, I was not talking about a WC. Some people especially Swiss one, do not want to travel to far. Thus splitting into 2 local tournaments, (hot shots can for sure join if they want, but I wouldn‘t expect Greek or Dutch players to come to such small tournaments. They are more regional tournaments. Like in Germany we have county tournaments and the German championship. Also on that only 13 players took place....

So my thought was to maybe run a small tournament in the Swiss Italian part and one in the German speaking part.

If we really would consider a WC tournament than the region Basel (cheap flight) might make sense. Also more cheap accomodation on the German or French side are possible.

But let‘s start with something smaller before targeting something as big as a WC....

John
  • Nortrom likes this

#12 Wogomite

Wogomite

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,177 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:01 PM

John, apparently there is a Stratego organization in DE called StraDev. Would you mind reaching out to them with your and Napo Jr's plans to see how they would be willing to support you. I think telling them about the forums would be a good idea as well in hopes they will use their establishment to pull some leverage for us. This is a next step for you I think. Let us know how it goes and we will proceed from there.

#13 Eagle06

Eagle06

Major

• 1,324 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:48 PM

I was speaking of smaller local tournaments firstly, I was not talking about a WC. Some people especially Swiss one, do not want to travel to far. Thus splitting into 2 local tournaments, (hot shots can for sure join if they want, but I wouldn‘t expect Greek or Dutch players to come to such small tournaments. They are more regional tournaments. Like in Germany we have county tournaments and the German championship. Also on that only 13 players took place....

So my thought was to maybe run a small tournament in the Swiss Italian part and one in the German speaking part.

If we really would consider a WC tournament than the region Basel (cheap flight) might make sense. Also more cheap accomodation on the German or French side are possible.

But let‘s start with something smaller before targeting something as big as a WC....

John

Okay

I know that many players already told me to Naarden that they would really enjoy a WC in Switzerland, but you may be right, a smaller one is still a good start. Here I guess there wouldn't be enaugh players and organising alone would be hard, are there some italians here on the forum? 

Otherwise, doesn't it make more sense to organise a swiss one open to South german one and close to germany? like you said, basel is a good option

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users