GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,509 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:20 PM

NEW PLAYER ACCOUNT RESET POLICY

An account reset takes one's playing account to 100 ELO and his wins/losses/draws to 0/0/0. Battle Coins and setups are not affected by this action. The MT will allow only one request per person (not account) per calendar year from 1 January to 31 December.* If any player wishes to have reset done, he must submit the request to the MT through any MT member. All resets approved by the MT will be announced publicly.

*With the special circumstance that this first season will run from the date of this posting until 31 December, 2019.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#2 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 930 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:21 PM

Why does anyone need MT permission to do this?
  • Fks likes this
Cheesecake

#3 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,809 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:54 PM

The ones in charge don't really want to do resets.

This is a service and a compromise to the players. The alternative would be no resets at all.

The permission should realistically be granted, unless already given out earlier within the period of time.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

#4 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:32 PM

Thoroughly approve of this. Any action taken to waste less admin time should be welcomed.
  • texaspete09 likes this

#5 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:07 PM

Thoroughly approve of this. Any action taken to waste less admin time should be welcomed.

To do there job? If they don't want to take care of Stratego.com. They should sell it.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#6 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 3,502 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:42 PM

That's fair to some aspects of the job, but not others.

Is resetting accounts on demand part of the job?

Is applying endless 50 point deductions part of the job?

#7 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:10 PM

That's fair to some aspects of the job, but not others.

Is resetting accounts on demand part of the job?

Is applying endless 50 point deductions part of the job?

of course it is.
When you are running a game and expect it to maintain its player base you have to listen to the community and do what's needed to be done.

50 points deductions was created by MT because youdagames doesn't higher a programmer to fix the abusive time situations with simple fixes.
For example you disconnect from 1 game you aren't able to play a ranked game for 30 minutes.
You disconnect from a 2nd game you can't play for an hour.
You disconnect from a 3rd you aren't able to play for 24 hours.
You disconnect 4th time you aren't able to play a ranked game for 1 week.
This is simple yet effective. Used by other games. This should be automatically applied with out a need for a human to manually ban someone.
Which goes back to it being there job.

#8 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:28 PM

If a company is providing a service free of charge, then we as visitors to their site should not be overly demanding–you get what you pay for. On the other hand, improvements are always a good thing when implemented by informed and caring staff. Again, there are many things here that need improvement, but on the other hand, there are already many things that allow for a decent round of Stratego, FREE...OF...CHARGE.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know...there are some of us who would happily pay for this site, and for improvements, and WHY doesn't Jumbo look into this? Well...the truth is that more people than not, prefer to pay NOTHING as opposed to supporting something with a committed subscription...it is true.

So, insofar as what Jumbo's job is...they have almost no obligation to us, so anything that they do afford themselves to do, is a blessing. All we can do is try to inch forward, bit by bit, trying to have various improvements made along the way.

#9 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:32 PM

If a company is providing a service free of charge, then we as visitors to their site should not be overly demanding–you get what you pay for. On the other hand, improvements are always a good thing when implemented by informed and caring staff. Again, there are many things here that need improvement, but on the other hand, there are already many things that allow for a decent round of Stratego, FREE...OF...CHARGE.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know...there are some of us who would happily pay for this site, and for improvements, and WHY doesn't Jumbo look into this? Well...the truth is that more people than not, prefer to pay NOTHING as opposed to supporting something with a committed subscription...it is true.

So, insofar as what Jumbo's job is...they have almost no obligation to us, so anything that they do afford themselves to do, is a blessing. All we can do is try to inch forward, bit by bit, trying to have various improvements made along the way.

? I am sorry Robert this doesn't make any sense. Youdagames makes money off the site ads. In app purchases. 

ALL Applications youdagames owns for Stratego cost money. The browser is the only free one because ads compensate it.

The company is providing stratego.com so they can make money. Not bec they are in a giving mood.

(Take a look at the reviews on the Stratego Multiplayer app on the app store) These people are paying $6 to play a multiplayer ranked match. I have now lost over 100 Points over the past 2 weeks on the app due to it having a broken system when searching for ranks. The amount of time I will lose just getting that back and have it lost for no reason besides youdagames not doing there job makes me not want to play ranks anymore just to have my progress lost.

#10 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 3,502 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:38 PM

I would argue that resetting ELO on demand is not an essential service - but actually an unnecessary one. So I can see why the site admin might choose not to carry out those requests (and therefore have time for more important ones).

#11 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:38 PM

I actually agree with Robert on this one. The reason being is that we are not asked to pay a dime to play here. We in that since are entitled to nothing as well.

Angel, in a perfect world I agree what you say is preferred and as Robert said, many of us would pay to see these things change but we don't have that option.

#12 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:03 AM

Jumbo is naturally going to want to maximize any possibility for earning money through various services–advertising as you point out. Yes...they are making some money through advertising. They still offer this site for free to anyone and all who wish to sign up...it clearly is not a top priority for them, nor to they envision this particular site as a money maker...I don't know why they feel this way, but they must have their reasons, like it or not. Thus, they are at full liberty to dictate how this site is managed–minimal service, minimal maintenance, minimal attention...it is their choice. If, however, it were a subscription site, they would be obligated to take care of its clients, upgrade its provisions, and make general improvements regularly....obviously, they don't want to be bothered by Stratego to have to do this. (I know for a fact that an individual made a sizable offer to buy this site and was refused).

So, yes, they are happy to make any kind of money off of this site, but they somehow feel that this is like their ugly step child. I don't know why, but clearly that is how it is. In any event...we are lucky to have even this much...flaws and all.

• NTactical-Reboot likes this

#13 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,364 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:23 AM

Why should anyone be able to have their account reset to 100  :huh:

#14 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:28 AM

Why should anyone be able to have their account reset to 100  :huh:

I think because some players want to gauge their development and be able to start at zero to see how far they can go before they are walloped, brutally beaten, chased like a rabbit around and around the lake...or for many other personal reasons...none of which make too much sense to most of us...but it happens.

#15 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,509 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:39 AM

Right now with aliases available like water a reset is not only cosmetic, it's the same as opening a new account.  If a guy wants to start over, the barn door of alias accounts is wide open.  It doesn't take much to walk through.  Or you can request a reset from the MT on an existing account.  

Should resets be allowed?  I'm with tobermoryx that they should not, even if the alias situation were different.  But things are what they are and not too many people are wanting to commit ELO death at this time, so it's all good. 

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#16 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:55 AM

If you can see at least one benefit from Elo reset it's this, there are a lot of players who like to see their overall progress by starting a new account and trying to get to a "best personal record" (myself included). The problem with this is that even with the alias registry, not everyone knows who these new accounts are but with an Elo reset, there is much more transparency as to who a player is when starting over with a fresh account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users