GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,220 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:23 PM

NEW FORUM ALIASES POLICY 

The MT is going to start banning all forum aliases effective immediately.   If you have more than one forum account at present, you will be given two weeks to choose your preferred forum identity or the MT will choose one for you.  If you need to solve a technical issue with your main forum account, you may pm (not publicly post in the forum) any MT member and we will assist you with correcting the problem.  If we discover an alias in the forum later, it will be flagged immediately.  

The purpose of this action is to make the forum less confusing and to help ensure accurate voting in any official community polls.

The official language for the new rule will be:

1.11 Forum Aliases: A player may only have one forum account, even if this player has multiple game-side accounts. No posting by aliases will be allowed in the forum. The penalty for doing so will be the permanent forum banning, or flagging, of that forum alias by the MT. If one has a technical problem in using his main account in the forum, he may use an alias account to contact the MT via pm (not a public forum posting) and we will assist him in correcting the problem. Should the MT discover a forum alias account later, it will be either permanently forum banned or flagged immediately.  Certain organization accounts will be exempted from this policy.

The MT

(GaryLShelton, Major_Nelson, Nortrom, Yellowhat, and Losermaker)

Edited by GaryLShelton, 02 December 2018 - 07:24 PM.
Add exception line

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#2 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:30 PM

may I suggest that before flagging a forum member you believe is an alias of another forum member you post the name of such candidate in this topic and give hime 48 hours to defend himself or anybody else to take his defense?

For example if Javier Flag is an alias of another well known forum member are you going to flag Javier Flag or do you give hin some chance to defend himself in public?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#3 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:34 PM

http://forum.strateg...er/3552-threat/

http://forum.strateg...er/3462-almost/

Good bye :(

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#4 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,585 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:08 PM

Yes, that's taken care of:

http://forum.strateg...-2018/?p=463652

See first announcement. "organisation accounts" will not be target of this cleaning up - as long as they are used for that purpose only.

It could definitely be added to the main text.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

#5 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,585 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:12 PM

Cleaned up.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

#6 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Scout

• German Tournament Manager
  • 147 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:39 AM

Dear MT, I played Stratego under the alias john_the_righteo but was never able to access the forum. Gary can confirm the long story I had a special character in my password which through a bug in the system prevented me from login to the forum. This was also the main reason for me to start another account Jesus_saves, under which I could login to the forum cause the special character was not in the password,. Until I was above 1000 Elo points i only played with Jesus_saves, and than I changed back to John_the_righteo for fun games. Through the help of Gary and IT I was able to identify the issue through a lengthy process that I now also can login to the forum with john_the_righteo, I was in discussion with Gary to also join the MT when there was some vacancy. But through life circumstances for this time I voted to stay out, but want to leave it open for the future.

If I would join MT at a later point for non offending reasons I would do that with the alias john_the_righteo and not with Jesus_saves, But tournaments I play with Jesus_saves, and non important day to day games I play under john_the_righteo. LIke Nick is doing with Major Nelson and Ionas.

Long words short I would like to keep both names in the forum considering the time it did cost me and Gary and IT to make this happen at all. And for potential future usage.

I communicate very oppenly that the same person is behind in games, normally proactively so most of the advanced players should know.

Hope you are willing to make an exception for me. If not than please take john_the_righteo out. But that would most likely close the door for a future potential joining of the MT in case there is again a need and life circumstances allows so....

Thank you

John

#7 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Scout

• 147 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:55 AM

Some additional food for thought for you: For a while I was active with John_the_righteo in the forum, but when tournament started I changed back to Jesus_saves, cause I had to, else I would miss the tournament communications, settings and arrangements. They don`t reach me anymore by e-mail for whatever reaseon and I can only see them in the forum. In other words, if you enforce this policy some people might miss tournament info and will have no shows to possible arranged games. So Nick would have an issue for sure playing pyramid under Major_Nelson and WC under Ionas, if he doesn‘t keep both names active... Am I correct with this statement? Than others might have the same issues.....

#8 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Scout

• 147 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:56 AM

And one last comment. I promise to vote only once in possible votings....

John

#9 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,413 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:18 AM

How will the majority of the forum be aware that this ban is coming into place? (ie apart from those who chance across this thread)

#10 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:17 AM

Some additional food for thought for you:  ...changed back to Jesus_saves, cause I had to, else I would miss the tournament communications, settings and arrangements. They don`t reach me anymore by e-mail for whatever reaseon [sic] and I can only see them in the forum. In other words, if you enforce this policy some people might miss tournament info and will have no shows to possible arranged games. So Nick would have an issue for sure playing pyramid under Major_Nelson and WC under Ionas, if he doesn‘t keep both names active... Am I correct with this statement? Than others might have the same issues.....

I am quite sure that those players truly wanting to participate in online tournaments organized here, who notice that they have not received any "news" in a while, will avail themselves of the opportunity to come over to "Momma's House" (the forum) and get the latest information of the goings-on in the forum.  :)

Edited by KissMyCookie, 11 November 2018 - 11:17 AM.

#11 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,220 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:46 PM

Yes, that's taken care of:

http://forum.strateg...-2018/?p=463652

See first announcement. "organisation accounts" will not be target of this cleaning up - as long as they are used for that purpose only.

It could definitely be added to the main text.

The line has been added to the announcement text above.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#12 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,413 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:22 PM

My preferred Forum identity is TheOptician

Javier Flag would like to apply for the organisation exemption in his capacity as Tournament Journalist and Mini-games Administrator

FromMajorToMiner also has a Forum account I believe can be flagged

#13 STELIOS M

STELIOS M

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:00 PM

STELIOS M FOR ME PLEASE

#14 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,220 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:16 PM

STELIOS M FOR ME PLEASE

What others do you wish flagged?

Some additional food for thought for you: For a while I was active with John_the_righteo in the forum, but when tournament started I changed back to Jesus_saves, cause I had to, else I would miss the tournament communications, settings and arrangements. They don`t reach me anymore by e-mail for whatever reaseon and I can only see them in the forum. In other words, if you enforce this policy some people might miss tournament info and will have no shows to possible arranged games. So Nick would have an issue for sure playing pyramid under Major_Nelson and WC under Ionas, if he doesn‘t keep both names active... Am I correct with this statement? Than others might have the same issues.....

If you check your settings for the forum, the email notifications have possibly been unchecked.  

We will be flagging one account or the other.  Flagging can be reversed at a later date but for the present we will need to have you choose one to flag.

My preferred Forum identity is TheOptician

Javier Flag would like to apply for the organisation exemption in his capacity as Tournament Journalist and Mini-games Administrator

FromMajorToMiner also has a Forum account I believe can be flagged

Javier Flag will be exempted as a recognized organization entity.

FromMajorToMiner will be flagged when it makes its first post.

i77rs4m.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users