The MT has decided to conduct a trial enforcement against both intentional disconnecters and abusive time wasters. The two issues will be judged separately but we recognize they are often closely related. This trial will last from August 20th to November 20th of this year, when both matters will be assessed for permanent rule status.
Intentional disconnecting is when a player leaves the game on purpose without pressing the flag (or surrender button in new app).
The white writing is the white text that appears at the bottom of the screen in the desktop version that tells what move just took place and the result, for example, "XYZ's Marshal failed to capture ABC's bomb."
Abusive Time Wasting occurs when a player purposely delays the game by running most of his remaining buffer down. This delay should be at least 2 minutes. Keep in mind that the buffer running down may be allowed if the situation arguably requires a lengthy contemplation of a serious move, or if no particular loss has just happened for the opponent.
Abusive Time Wasting also occurs when a player takes 15 seconds to move in 90% of his turns over a 5 minute period. (VIDEO STRONGLY PREFERRED)
Please note the following:
1) A new thread will be started for reporting all cases of disconnection and abusive time wasting. Here: http://forum.strateg...e-wasters-here/ Only claims for offenses that take place after our trial period begins, and reported in the above new thread, will be accepted for judging.
2) The penalty schedule will be:
- 50 points will be deducted for each case of intentional disconnect, plus a warning letter will be sent from admins. (QA penalty one-week ban.)
- 50 points will be deducted AND a one-week ban will be issued for each case of abusive time wasting, plus a warning letter will be sent from admins. (QA penalty two-week ban.)
- ONLY one disconnection and abusive time wasting event per game each will be punished. But an offender may receive a 100 point penalty and a one-week ban for intentional disconnecting and abusive time wasting committed in the SAME game. (QA penalty three-week ban.) For multiple reports in the same day that involve different games for any player the point penalties will be cumulative and bans consecutive.
- If a player's account cannot be penalized points in this rule because it is too low, then that account will be lowered to the bottom rating, where the person can play back up from there.
3) A VICTORY SCREEN WILL BE REQUIRED for disconnection complaints to solidly prove that the disconnecter did not return to the game.
4) A victory screen for cases of abusive time wasting involving buffer abuse will NOT be required. You will receive no points but your opponent will receive a 50 point penalty if we uphold your case.
5) A defeat screen for cases of abusive time wasting involving the 15 second move timer will be required ONLY if the victim desires points to be awarded. Points will be awarded for a win to the victim and loss to the offender if we uphold the case.
6) The MT will not tolerate any offensive behavior that purposely and repeatedly comes close but fails to cross the threshold of the limits set forth in this article.
RULES FOR EVIDENCE ARE BELOW:
NOTE: VIDEO EVIDENCE THAT SATISFIES BELOW CONDITIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. VIDEO WILL BE PREFERRED IN ALL NEW APP CASES.
TO MAKE THE STRONGEST CASE POSSIBLE, DO THE FOLLOWING:
For Disconnection Claims IN THE WEBSITE VERSION:
If the white writing is on the screen, you must provide us
1) a screenshot showing the message box announcing the disconnect with the white writing at the bottom of the screen showing that the disconnecter just lost an important piece, and
2) graveyards that are clear and visible, plus
3) A VICTORY SCREEN PROVING YOUR OPPONENT DID NOT RETURN TO THE GAME.
If the white writing is NOT on the screen, then you must provide us the same information above, PLUS
1) any game chat that you can show, and
2) anything else that you feel can help establish the game situation before the disconnect.
For Disconnection Claims IN THE NEW APP VERSION:
If video evidence is available, please make sure you have uninterrupted video of
1) the normal game screen prior to the disconnect.
2) any BattleChat that you can
2) at least one graveyards screen prior, but close, to the disconnect
3) the disconnect message box screen and
4) a graveyards screen DURING the disconnect (You can press graveyards button at that time.), plus
5) A VICTORY SCREEN PROVING YOUR OPPONENT DID NOT RETURN TO THE GAME.
If video is NOT available, you will be at a distinct disadvantage for proof, but we will still look at your screenshot evidence. Show us the same information above as best you can and anything else that you feel can help establish the game situation before the disconnect. We will do our best to give a fair judgement of your claim.
DISCLAIMER FOR DISCONNECTION CASES:
Desktop version cases where there is white writing will be the easiest to judge for the MT. All other cases of intentional disconnection will be far more difficult to judge and this cannot be helped. Where there is no white writing it will be impossible to accurately assess ALL cases through screenshots, and sometimes even video. But to that end, please provide whatever evidence you can to support your claim. Taking more screenshots with players you feel are likely to disconnect is advised. If we cannot judge beyond a reasonable doubt, we will not uphold your claim.
For Abusive Time Wasting THROUGH BUFFER ABUSE:
For buffer abuse, we will need screenshots or video showing that the opponent has purposely delayed the game by running most of his remaining buffer down. This delay should be at least 2 minutes long. Keep in mind that the buffer running down is allowable if
- the situation may arguably require a lengthy contemplation of a serious move, or if
- no particular loss has just happened for the opponent.
Any BattleChat evidence to back up your claim of buffer abuse will be helpful. We will punish those indicating they wish to stall the game in many cases. A victory screen will NOT be necessary for these type of complaints as the victim will receive no points.
For Abusive Time Wasting USING 15 SECONDS PER MOVE:
NOTE: VIDEO EVIDENCE WILL BE STRONGLY PREFERRED.
With 15 second move timer abuse VIDEO EVIDENCE WILL BE BEST, but we will also look at your screenshot evidence. Your opponent must use 15 seconds per move for 90% of the moves within a straight five minute period in the game, so this means a lot of screenshots in the case of no video.
A defeat screen will be required from the victim IF POINTS ARE DESIRED TO BE AWARDED. Points will be awarded for a win to the victim and loss to the offender if we uphold the case.
GaryLShelton, Major Nelson, MTinsley, Nortrom