Jesus_saves

Miner

• German Tournament Manager
  • 162 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 November 2018 - 09:49 PM

Hallo Sebastien,

I write in this post, as it is more appropriate. Now it is 2018. We can organize a local tournament in Switzerland in 2019. If my infor is correct the next WC is anyhow planed for UK, right? So next WC possible is in 2020, which is than still possbile if we decide to organize in Switzerland and this is approved by world Stratego management.

I can for sure help. So first step get a local tournament scheduled in 2019 somewhere north in Switzerland. And than we see further.

At Wogomite: I‘m in contact with the Statego Germany group. I will for sure discuss this with them in due time. I see Axel next week, and I will inform Dieter as well.

John
  • Napoleon 1er likes this

#42 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 636 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:38 PM

Hallo Sebastien,

I write in this post, as it is more appropriate. Now it is 2018. We can organize a local tournament in Switzerland in 2019. If my infor is correct the next WC is anyhow planed for UK, right? So next WC possible is in 2020, which is than still possbile if we decide to organize in Switzerland and this is approved by world Stratego management.

I can for sure help. So first step get a local tournament scheduled in 2019 somewhere north in Switzerland. And than we see further.

At Wogomite: I‘m in contact with the Statego Germany group. I will for sure discuss this with them in due time. I see Axel next week, and I will inform Dieter as well.

John

cool

Yes you are right 2019 should be in UK.

I see my dad liked this post, so I ll discuss with him, one more help is still better.

With north Swiss, do you think Schwytz is good? Or is it too much in the center? 

I never lose, I win or I learn…

#43 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Miner

• 162 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:57 PM

I‘m absolutely open for the place. I assume Zuerich / Bern / Basel / Luzern are know to the Germans, Schwyz might be a little far.

But we think about a good place and agree on it, and than start to advertise.

We might also start to collect e-mail addresses of people interested so we can inform them by e-mail.....

John

#44 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 636 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 November 2018 - 01:01 PM

Yes

Zurich is a good option for the fact that there is the airport and good train connection

Luzern is good because it's quite turistic too.

Basel is great too, but I prefer Zurich, let me know ;D

Sebastien

#45 StaggerLee666

StaggerLee666

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:15 AM

Hi Sebastien,

i can offer you to bring tournament equipment (Games,clocks,...), if i participate.

For a first tournament in Switzerland i prefer Basel. I know there are a lot of inactive players in this area. I see a chance to get them motivated to join a tournament if it is nearby.

Try to find a location where it is also possible to get lunch (maybe John could help you here), of course you need a referee who knows the rules, a bit of advertising and you can make it happen.

Axel
  • Don_Homer, berre, OVERLORD and 1 other like this

#46 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 636 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:35 AM

Hi Sebastien,

i can offer you to bring tournament equipment (Games,clocks,...), if i participate.

For a first tournament in Switzerland i prefer Basel. I know there are a lot of inactive players in this area. I see a chance to get them motivated to join a tournament if it is nearby.

Try to find a location where it is also possible to get lunch (maybe John could help you here), of course you need a referee who knows the rules, a bit of advertising and you can make it happen.

Axel

That is a great idea, you mean having a lunch with all the participants? I like this !

About the clocks and games, how many do you have? 

Would you help me and John to organise it?

I guess then Basel is approved for the place, now we need to find the "house" where we would play, do we want to do it in a place with historical references or Something random?

If you help us, we would be 3-4 organisers which is great.

• Don_Homer likes this

#47 StaggerLee666

StaggerLee666

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:09 PM

I will use StraDeV equipment. So let's say i will have enough games and clocks.

Well, i could also operate the computer if no one else is used to Swiss Perfect.

Don't think too big for the first tournament. Imo a separate room in a restaurant for example is sufficient.

I will talk to John next sunday. Maybe he knows an appropriate location as he lives near Basel.
  • Don_Homer, Morx and OVERLORD like this

#48 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 636 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:39 PM

Cool, what can I do to help then? ;D

Maybe we want to talk on whatsapp...?

#49 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 636 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:40 PM

Alright guys, it seems a tourney is going to be settled in Basel (CH), we are still thinking about the day. It will probably be an open tourney. Just to know, who could be interested in? Of course it depends on days ect, but I'm already curious ahah

• Don_Homer likes this

#50 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 636 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:24 PM

It seems a date could be 30-31 march... what do you guys think about?

#51 El_Presidente7777

El_Presidente7777

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:33 PM

Hi Sebastian (and Axel),

I had a very nice talk with Axel. I would like to participate in the Swiss tournament very much. I am not so much involved in Stratego.com, so that is why I did not respond to this thread, yet. Axel and others told me about it, and advised me to check the site. I can help to interest players in the Netherlands and Belgium. It might be possible to interest players from France (Strasbourg and Lyon). Axel is right that he thinks that we can gather at least 10 people. That is certainly doable. 

I understand that the date will be the end of March? At that time we are planning to organise a tournament in Flanders. We have also plans to organise one in Wallonia in May, and in Paris in July. I have been thinking, whether it is possible to make some changes in the tournament agenda to make the Swiss tournament fit into the international agenda by moving the Flanders tournament to another date, and organise the Swiss tournament in stead of the tournament in Paris. This way we can concentrate more players on one tournament, and get Switzerland out of its isolation like someone else noticed earlier. A connection with France would be great, too, because they have a similar problem as you do. Another advantage is that we then keep one tournament a month on the Dutch - Belgian -French - (Swiss) calendar which offers a better chance for some players indeed come to Basel in stead of another tournament. 

Can you guys share your opinion?

@Napo2: brilliant job! I believe that your initiative will work. Thank you Axel for your support and your invitation! Let's do this together! 

• Don_Homer and Napoleon 2ème like this

#52 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 636 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:41 PM

Hi Sebastian (and Axel),

I had a very nice talk with Axel. I would like to participate in the Swiss tournament very much. I am not so much involved in Stratego.com, so that is why I did not respond to this thread, yet. Axel and others told me about it, and advised me to check the site. I can help to interest players in the Netherlands and Belgium. It might be possible to interest players from France (Strasbourg and Lyon). Axel is right that he thinks that we can gather at least 10 people. That is certainly doable. 

I understand that the date will be the end of March? At that time we are planning to organise a tournament in Flanders. We have also plans to organise one in Wallonia in May, and in Paris in July. I have been thinking, whether it is possible to make some changes in the tournament agenda to make the Swiss tournament fit into the international agenda by moving the Flanders tournament to another date, and organise the Swiss tournament in stead of the tournament in Paris. This way we can concentrate more players on one tournament, and get Switzerland out of its isolation like someone else noticed earlier. A connection with France would be great, too, because they have a similar problem as you do. Another advantage is that we then keep one tournament a month on the Dutch - Belgian -French - (Swiss) calendar which offers a better chance for some players indeed come to Basel in stead of another tournament. 

Can you guys share your opinion?

@Napo2: brilliant job! I believe that your initiative will work. Thank you Axel for your support and your invitation! Let's do this together! 

Thanks

Yes in fact more help we get, better it is. I guess my dad is now interested aswell in helping to organise. The advantage of Basel is that it is close to France and germany so we can get players from these 2 countries. I talked to some player who could be interested but only when the date is fixed and location too. That's why I'm convinced that earlier we know when the tournament is, earlier players will be interested in. 

I wait for you guys to decide a date. With my dad we will look for some places in Basel.

See you soon !

#53 El_Presidente7777

El_Presidente7777

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:01 PM

Hi Napo,

The choice for Basel is probably is a good one. I too, hope it will make a difference in the turnout of the tournament in terms of players coming from abroad. I checked the weather in March for Switzerland. The average temperature will be 0-9C. Most people who join the tournament would like to have the possibility to visit Switzerland as well for one or more days. In that case May would be a better option. Is there a special reason for March, or did you pick a date to be sure of a date and place? I do agree that everything needs to be fixed, because most people travel large® distances. For now I will wait with the publication of our tournament agenda to make changes possible.

#54 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:12 PM

Patras tournament at march 25th if that makes a difference. 

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#55 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Miner

• 162 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:44 PM

Hallo Sebastien,

I believe I have found a nice location in Basel / Bettingen, on the top of a hill.

What time should I ask them for now?

John

#56 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 636 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 December 2018 - 10:13 AM

Hallo Sebastien,

I believe I have found a nice location in Basel / Bettingen, on the top of a hill.

What time should I ask them for now?

John

Hi John

Well as many players told me, they would be interested in coming especially to visit the country, the point is that there is the Patras tourney so it is a bit close. You should ask ElPresidente as he is well informed on when tourneys are, my only require is whenever you want except may^^ .

Do you think that during holidays it could be nice?

COuld you send me some details about the place? I'm quite curious  :)

Séba

#57 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 636 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:56 AM

HI everyone

It is now official that the first tournament in Switzerland will take place Saturday 29th of June in the city of Basel ! The tournament is open to everyone and we hope to see a lot of players ! 

Why is it in Basel?

We decided to settle this tournament in Basel for some reasons, one of them is that there is an airport, so the travel for some would be much easier . 

Second Reason is that Basel can be conisdered a "tripoints", this means it's a city where 3 coutries touch eachothers (France, Germany and Switzerland) so it gives a higher possibilities to players for those countries to come.

Third Reason, it is a quite turistic city (I will send some infos about it soon).

How to reach Basel?

As it has been said previously, there is the Airport, but this is not the only way, there is also a quite big train station which makes some long connections if I'm not wrong.

Important informations

Switzerland is not part of the European Union, so the money is not the euro but the swiss franc, if you come by car, remember you need a car "mark", I Don't know the correct name, but it's a sticker for cars which allows you to drive in Switzerland, be careful because the swiss police can be very strict about that !

The main language in Basel is the Swiss German, which is a bit different from the original german

The address :

The address of the Waldrain restaurant is Hohestrasse 31 4126 Bettinger. (Basel. /. Switzerland). As you can see it is a restaurant so you can enjoy a swiss meal there  ;) 

Organisor Team 

StaggerLee , Jesus Saves, ElPresidente, Morx, Napoleon1er, Napoleon 2ème

• Don_Homer, Napoleon 1er, TheOptician and 2 others like this

#58 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 636 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:31 AM

Hi all

Just wanted to let you know that my activity related to stratego in my school has been approved and already 8 students have registered !
  • Don_Homer, Morx, Yellowhat and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users