Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:49 PM

Another question which is not related and only theorical, if I can organise a tournament in Switzerland, would you guys come? I mean a world championship

I  never lose, I win or I learn…

#22 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:19 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, the beautiful custom made L'Attaque.
http://imgur.com/gallery/atVll83

T-Rex, I do plan on using the board game creator you linked us to earlier. A great source to get pieces if you already have boards. Also bags for pieces or anything else for tournaments play. I have quick game boards but no pieces for them. Thanks for that.
  • Fairway, Yellowhat and TemplateRex like this

#23 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:21 PM

As you can see, my L'Attaque board can easily turn into a Stratego board or even a quick game board. The best board is the adaptable kind just like the best player is the adaptable kind. :)

#24 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:45 PM

Just for fun I took a few more pictures of all three variants using the same board. I even added a picture of it folded up to drive home the cool factor of the board! I'm just an excited nerd, don't mind me. I give the most credit to Don Homer for inspiring this idea. Ill give a shout out to Template Rex as well.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZXDcBaE
  • Don_Homer, Fairway and TemplateRex like this

#25 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 863 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:19 PM

Just for fun I took a few more pictures of all three variants using the same board. I even added a picture of it folded up to drive home the cool factor of the board! I'm just an excited nerd, don't mind me. I give the most credit to Don Homer for inspiring this idea. Ill give a shout out to Template Rex as well.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZXDcBaE

The last picture was funny :). Its all your own creativity, I just said what I heared/read before about the history. 

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#26 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:04 PM

Small question, how long does it take to create a live tournament.. more or less?

#27 OVERLORD

OVERLORD

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 711 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:15 PM

Small question, how long does it take to create a live tournament.. more or less?

Approximately 5 hours.
STRATEGO CAPTAINS CLUB ~ the strongest team of Greece

#28 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 863 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:08 PM

Well, I can imagine first tournament ever in Zwitserland takes some time (more than 5 hours probably). But when you have started every new tournament will take less cause you probably have more people to help then, more easier contact info of former participants, maybe already a good location, you have the games already (maybe clocks) etc. etc. 

Edited by Don_Homer, 23 October 2018 - 02:09 PM.

• rgillis783 and Napoleon 2ème like this

#29 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:27 PM

Alright thanks

#30 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:10 PM

Okay, I have just sent the request to present my activity at my school,

I called it :" From China to Netherland, the evolution of jungle until Stratego"

I am sure to get 5 boards, but I hope to find 1 or 2 more to make a small tournament, as I think that students and teachers will be more interested in playing than listening to me.

Let me know what game out of jungle and l'attaque I could talk about ;D

Do you think I could say that Stratego, out of being the evolution of jungle, is a mix between chess and poker?

• Don_Homer likes this

#31 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:30 PM

I called it :" From China to Netherland, the evolution of jungle until Stratego"

I am sure to get 5 boards, but I hope to find 1 or 2 more to make a small tournament, as I think that students and teachers will be more interested in playing than listening to me.

Do you think I could say that Stratego, out of being the evolution of jungle, is a mix between chess and poker?

Jungle game is most likely unrelated. See http://history.chess...-Voogt 2008.pdf

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#32 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:06 PM

Uh okay, at least what you sent will really help me, still connected to the Oriental World, great !

#33 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 863 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:21 PM

Why not ''From China to Europe''? L'attaque is in France later Stratego came in The Netherlands. That would make it also sound more like a Swiss thing :)

Jungle was more about Chess and about ranks. Also the tricky mouse who became the spy in Europe. Stratego added the setup phase, poker/ chance calculation and memory. Reasoning, thinking ahead, conquering the opposite flag (Den in Jungle (Dutch translation)[bombs are traps in Jungle] were already there. 

#34 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:42 AM

Hallo Sebastien,

I live just on the German side next to Basel. What we could do to organize a tournament together. In Switzerland, but not just a Swiss tournament, but we try to get southern German players and south east French players into the tournament as well. What do you think?

John
  • Don_Homer, Napoleon 1er, Yellowhat and 2 others like this

#35 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:03 PM

John and Sebastien, that could have a huge impact on Stratego. Promoting to get many players, keeping contact with them afterwards and giving more live activities for them to attend is what could explode the game in your area. I think we should all strive to do what the Greeks and Dutch have done with clubs. A tournament may be a great start to that.
  • Don_Homer and Napoleon 2ème like this

#36 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:40 PM

Hallo Sebastien,

I live just on the German side next to Basel. What we could do to organize a tournament together. In Switzerland, but not just a Swiss tournament, but we try to get southern German players and south east French players into the tournament as well. What do you think?

John

Oh yes this is a great idea, then I can train a bit my marvelous german^^

In my mind it would be nice to make it in switzerland as  it's in the middle of many countries, including it's in the middle between Greece and Netherland. My first idea was to make it in the italian part then maybe we could find some italians players.

But I live in the italian part, so I could promote it here. Maybe canton Schwitz could be a great alternative (close to Zurich airport, it has a long story with war and icreation of Switzerland (best way to learn Something about this little country, there is a museum in the theme , maybe we could do it there?)

Of course it's only a pre pre pre idea, but doing it alone for me would be quite hard especially because of my Young age, so a support from your part could be great.

Let me know what you think about, but it sounds nice ;D

• Don_Homer likes this

#37 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:44 PM

John and Sebastien, that could have a huge impact on Stratego. Promoting to get many players, keeping contact with them afterwards and giving more live activities for them to attend is what could explode the game in your area. I think we should all strive to do what the Greeks and Dutch have done with clubs. A tournament may be a great start to that.

Correct, I talked about this point to Mr Napo (trying to convince him to help me, but it didn't work even using the Force) but he said in his opinion, if there is no swiss club it doesn't make much sense.

For my part I think a club could be created because of a stratego event like a WC…  otherwise it's quite impossible, as I said in my earlier post, with Jesus bringing german guys, me  swiss italians and  swiss french one it could really work.

#38 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 November 2018 - 09:03 PM

Do you think guys it's possible to borrow some Stratego sets somewhere?

#39 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:15 PM

You could from us but I think shipping would be cheaper if someone from Europe let you borrow some. Also, there are some people that rumor has may or may not be associated with the mafia. They might be able to pull strings with their Jumbo counter parts and get you some boards as a means of promoting sales. That is all I can say about that.
  • Napoleon 2ème likes this

#40 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:49 PM

You could from us but I think shipping would be cheaper if someone from Europe let you borrow some. Also, there are some people that rumor has may or may not be associated with the mafia. They might be able to pull strings with their Jumbo counter parts and get you some boards as a means of promoting sales. That is all I can say about that.

Thanks, I hope someone from them will talk… otherwise I ll ask to the italian mafia which is closer :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users