Traxex

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:08 PM

I think this feature is unacceptable. First, it should be my right not to want to play someone, for my own reasons. E.g, I simply dont want to play a bronze spy.

2nd, even when someone accidentaly disconnects against said bronze spy (say momentarily faulty net) you lose like 20 points. Everyone should have the right to choose their games..I mean at the end of the day, why do I have to resign against a PB'ed player, take a screenshot and wait for my points than SIMPLY not play him?

#2 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,184 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:18 PM

I think this feature is unacceptable. First, it should be my right not to want to play someone, for my own reasons. E.g, I simply dont want to play a bronze spy.

2nd, even when someone accidentaly disconnects against said bronze spy (say momentarily faulty net) you lose like 20 points. Everyone should have the right to choose their games..I mean at the end of the day, why do I have to resign against a PB'ed player, take a screenshot and wait for my points than SIMPLY not play him?

You have to raise your rating to not play bronze/silver players. If it bothers you so much you are able to plan ranked games vs other people you want to play. I personally don't enjoy games where I am being blitzed and then lottoed. Yet when I was learning to play I was playing as many good players as possible (Major nelson, LoserMaker, unladenswallow, astros and overlord (many more just to long to list here.) so I was able to beat top players rated 880+ yet lose to sub 500 ELO and it was very difficult for me to raise my rating. I then spend a month at sub elo 500 just playing blitzers and lotto to practice against it as much as I can and it removed the barrier for me to raise my rating and now I sit between 880-950 my max at 981.  As for the pbed issue maybe suggest IP bans to the Moderating team. 

You would be surprised of how many top players would be open to playing you if you just ask :)

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

http://forum.strateg...18/#entry461226

#3 Traxex

Traxex

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:29 PM

You have to raise your rating to not play bronze/silver players. If it bothers you so much you are able to plan ranked games vs other people you want to play. I personally don't enjoy games where I am being blitzed and then lottoed. Yet when I was learning to play I was playing as many good players as possible (Major nelson, LoserMaker, unladenswallow, astros and overlord (many more just to long to list here.) so I was able to beat top players rated 880+ yet lose to sub 500 ELO and it was very difficult for me to raise my rating. I then spend a month at sub elo 500 just playing blitzers and lotto to practice against it as much as I can and it removed the barrier for me to raise my rating and now I sit between 880-950 my max at 981.  As for the pbed issue maybe suggest IP bans to the Moderating team. 

You would be surprised of how many top players would be open to playing you if you just ask :)

Hmm thans for the advice. Comig from a good player talking without being cocky, its much appreciated. However it should be my freedom to not play players who I consider abusive, even though they havent been PB'ed *yet*.

#4 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,184 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:57 PM

Hmm thans for the advice. Comig from a good player talking without being cocky, its much appreciated. However it should be my freedom to not play players who I consider abusive, even though they havent been PB'ed *yet*.

On a side note it seems if you general blitz against high rated players you wont learn much from playing and you waste your chance of learning. You shouldn't care about your rating until your able to push for 880+ and you wont get there general blitzing unless your insanely good. In my opinion there are only 3-5 players in the world who can sacrifice general early game vs another top player and still win. 

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

http://forum.strateg...18/#entry461226

#5 Traxex

Traxex

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:57 PM

lol

Edited by Traxex, 12 October 2018 - 09:02 PM.

#6 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,483 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted A week ago

Features that would be interesting to have implemented, in a perfect world, are numerous. One would indeed be the ability to choose the range of opponent ranks you are interested in playing. A lot of people would like this, though it would, at times, clearly increase your wait time between games if you're interested only in higher ranks.

A connected issue...they have a sound alarm in the desktop version when a game has connected. That's good. But they do not have this feature in the new app at this time. If one has to wait awhile in the new app, there's not much way to make that pleasant unless they give us a sound there like the desktop has to let us know an opponent has been paired with us.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users