Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:40 PM

During a game I just experienced a bug. When 2 captains exchanged there was no movie (only a white block) and then at the graveyard I saw a little while later that it was saying we both captured 2 captains while it in fact was 3. Anyway the game went on smoothly and no more bugs happened.

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#2 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:36 PM

During a game I just experienced a bug. When 2 captains exchanged there was no movie (only a white block) and then at the graveyard I saw a little while later that it was saying we both captured 2 captains while it in fact was 3. Anyway the game went on smoothly and no more bugs happened.

I recently had a similar bug, where I accidentally disconnected (I apparently had clicked on of my mouse's side wheels which killed the browser window), and afterwards, majors didn't show in the graveyard anymore.

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#3 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 924 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:01 PM

This is not a "little bug", it needs to be fixed. 
You have to have complete information on the graveyards in order to play this game properly. 

• Wogomite and TemplateRex like this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#4 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:39 PM

This is not a "little bug", it needs to be fixed. 
You have to have complete information on the graveyards in order to play this game properly. 

Yes Im not writing this post for the birds :). But with ''little'' I meant that there are bigger problems which are more important to solve. These are for instance the clocks without gametime (which lead to trilions draw refusal cases and ditto work for the MT), the bugs that make you lose a game etc. 

#5 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 881 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 08 October 2018 - 05:09 PM

I do agree with roeczac, a draw refusal can indeed be judged by mt to get your points back, in a tc tournament, you can have them judge appropriately as well. But if I am thrown from a game and log back in with no graveyard, there is no report to mt or tc for this. This is now my problem which is a devastating one. A glitch that many times has cost me the game. Where can I turn? No where, not yet anyways. If this happened to you for the championship match of a tournament Don, would this still be a small issue?

#6 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:25 PM

I do agree with roeczac, a draw refusal can indeed be judged by mt to get your points back, in a tc tournament, you can have them judge appropriately as well. But if I am thrown from a game and log back in with no graveyard, there is no report to mt or tc for this. This is now my problem which is a devastating one. A glitch that many times has cost me the game. Where can I turn? No where, not yet anyways. If this happened to you for the championship match of a tournament Don, would this still be a small issue?

Its a small issue in my described case Wogomite. Only 2 captains were not registered in the graveyard. I checked to be sure and my opponent and I had 1 piece less on the board than you could read on the graveyard, that was the captain. I won the game so nothing was lost if it was for championship or tournament. The game was already decided at the captains trade.

Altough its a small issue I already said to Roeczak ''I didnt write this for the birds''. With this statement I meant that I want this to be fixed (among other more important things which are nicely discussed in the other topic). 

#7 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 881 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:41 PM

I think the nice thing is, we are all agreeing in unity that many things need to be fixed. I think the priority's in which things need to be fixed are slightly different from one person to the other but we do all stand together in recognition for a future of improvement. As long as we stand united and work together towards doing what it takes to get things done, we will see a better online program in the future. Let us work towards the vision together, not fight each other on the details. I think most of us would agree with that. 

• Don_Homer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users