Photo

New Season for Dr. Who Fans and A New Dr.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 2 weeks ago

This Sunday October 7th should bring you/us a new season of the long running BBC show Doctor Who. This is a SciFi classic it has been around for a very long time-since 1963 . The show has the usual- aliens-spaceships-time travel etc... What is especially new for this season is that the thirteenth Doctor is a female. I will not drone on how a male character/actor can be replaced by a women. Suffice it to say that during this shows long history the writers have given the how. I understand this to be a true World premier so  if ya got some time tune into BBC and see what all the hoopla is about.  B)

#2 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,348 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

I can't believe in all these years...though I'm a bit older than the show...that I haven't ever seen an episode of this. But then in my defense I suspect it was only on British TV for much of that time, unless a guy got the extra big cable package.😄 I wonder what channel a guy in the USA could watch it on now? I don't have cable any more but nowadays could maybe catch it online somehow for the new premier. The show must be crazy different from the beginning, some 55 years ago....

Where I live I occasionally see a bumper sticker saying "My other car is a TARDIS". I think I finally learned what that meant about five years ago. 🙂 Thanks for the heads up about the show. If you know best how to catch it Sunday the 7th for Americans, please pass it on. 🙂
  • rgillis783 likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#3 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 2 weeks ago

Meet the New Doctor-- Sunday October 7 consult BBC/BBC America. I would hope this would be streamed to reach the largest possible amount of folks.

c3lewyspd3q11.jpg

Edited by rgillis783, 2 weeks ago.

#4 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 2 weeks ago

TARDIS to most fans we know this as the Doctors device that takes him through time and space. It also serves as his home. TARDIS stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space. It takes the form of an old Police call box. It does have some hardware called a Chameleon circut that enables the TARDIS to take on different forms. It prefers the call box-lol. One feature of the TARDIS that most viewers  seem to enjoy is that it is bigger on the inside , hence the name and relative dimension in space ! There are many pictures of this iconic prop out there but I saw this persons dedication to the show and figured I would share it.

A Top 10 list of Doctor Who Parodies https://www.youtube....h?v=st2F7_P3e24

gqp9f222ucq11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&s

Edited by rgillis783, 2 weeks ago.

#5 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 2 weeks ago

Over the years many actors have picked up the title of Doctor you may see some familiar faces . David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston are most likely the ones you may have seen in other TV shows or movies . Once again there are many pictures out there of them all but I selected this one . B) 

kefv8nk00np11.jpg

#6 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 2 weeks ago

I was done posting on this topic then I came across this today/afternoon. Cybermen are probably the number three villains on Doctor Who right behind the number one Daleks . Yes there is a character- The Master who may be placed at number one but he is a Time Lord like Doctor Who.  https://imgur.com/a/LlmevEm

Image to the left of The TARDIS is an attempt at a Cybermen .

diu9qeujvdp11.jpg

#7 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 2 weeks ago

40c4cf5ca4a8a3bb41e413868bc5ba09-495x330

#8 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 2 weeks ago

a9c7b338cd7d3e9873d38c1f9884df19-495x330

#9 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 2 weeks ago

About two hours before Global Premier ! Check ya local BBC , BBC America or  try online if ya like !  ;)  :D  B)

#10 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

About two hours before Global Premier ! Check ya local BBC , BBC America or  try online if ya like !  ;)  :D  B)

Have fun mate!

Its not my ''cup of tea'' Im afraid. 

• rgillis783 likes this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users