roeczak

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,101 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:16 PM

https://www.pokersta...l?no_redirect=1

Well, since Greeks are banned from this competition (don't ask me why) maybe some guy can tell those people about Stratego. 

• Don_Homer and texaspete09 like this

Roeczak <----- Stratego YT channel
Highest Rating : 966 (Platinum Marshal)
Greek Champion 2019 

#2 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:17 PM

You forgot memory :).

• Don_Homer and Dobby125 like this

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor”

#3 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:23 PM

Zak I was outraged when heard Greeks were not allowed to participate. Then I went to link and found this---

• General PSPC Terms & Conditions apply
  • -- Players from Italy, France, Spain, Greece and Portugal are not eligible to participate
  • -- Your game must be your own original work and should not be copied from other sources

So I think it is fair to say they are biased against the Mediterranean in general .  :lol:  :)  ;)

Yes Professor Nortrom I have heard of some strong sentiment coming from some European countries that have very strict rules around gambling. I think Don Homer and I were posting about a video game and the sale of loot boxes. It is a bit odd how different countries view such activity but understandable. I recall when Star Wars came out back in 70's it was a fun PG-parental guidance rated movie. Then we in the states hear that a Scandinavian country labeled it as X-adults only rated over there. Gaming /Gambling was always illegal in most parts of the United States for a majority of the 1900s now most States run a lottery to raise money. Heck sports betting is now opening up for most of us here.

Edited by rgillis783, 27 September 2018 - 09:57 PM.

• Don_Homer likes this

#4 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:39 PM

Any idea why's that? I once tried to get some easy €€ out of betting on darts matches, but the betting site didn't accept Dutch citizens due to 'kansspelautoriteit' which is the authority in NL for gambling related activities. Apparently some Dutch laws are too much hassle for them.

It may not be due to pokerstarsalive having anything against said countries, but their own laws making it undesirable to allow players from this country.

It seems kinda stupid to rule those countries out, but oh well..

• rgillis783 likes this

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor”

#5 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:14 PM

Pokerstars has licenses to offer poker in Fra, Ita, Esp en Por, in fact, since this year players from these 4 countries can play against each other even (liquidity pooling). So there is no conspiracy against Mediterranean countries. What could be the case is that these countries don’t allow such contests or new game initiatives without prior regulator approval. In Greece, I think there is a state monopoly and no foreign operators are allowed.

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users