Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 September 2018 - 07:49 AM

e

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt

#22 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

n

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt

#23 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

:D

• Napoleon 1er likes this

#24 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:45 AM

Don't get me wrong - moving a bomb is not easy - but it is possible.
You just need to trick the computer momentarily.
Look like you are going to move one piece by clicking on it a couple of times. Then instead of clicking a new square so that the piece moves, click instead exactly on the border of the next square. While the computer is confused, rapidly move the cursor elsewhere and drag a bomb.
If you do it fast enough - and wih enough style - the computer falls for it. I have only managed to do this 1 in 100.
The other way to do it - when you reach 2,800 forum posts you get a special 'bomb move' token.

... Fully confirm... and if you just click on the edge of a lake you can even move the lake!... This happens to me once every 1000 games!... to reach the same on the forum you need 28000 posts and then get a token!

Edited by Napoleon 1er, 29 September 2018 - 10:48 AM.

• GaryLShelton, Moghedien and Major Nelson like this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#25 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,824 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:01 PM

Are you two joking, or being serious?

• Moghedien and Major Nelson like this

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series!  :D

#26 Losermaker

Losermaker

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 727 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:28 PM

............That many full stops...I'm guessing...a sure...sign...of sarcasm :D 

• Moghedien likes this

#27 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:49 AM

I heard someone moved the flag too^^

I  never lose, I win or I learn…

#28 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:26 PM

I heard someone moved the flag too^^

ssst <_< ! I told you that in confidence. Its a Don privilege :ph34r:

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#29 Yellowhat

Yellowhat

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 486 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:12 PM

A journalist of a newspaper here made up a quote of yoyordy saying that hondjekapitein sometimes moves his flag.....

About moving bombs: hondjekapitein managed to move his marshal across the lake in a game vs computer-medium. 

Yellowhat is the literal translation of my surname.

#30 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 924 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:00 PM

None of your pesky cheats will surpass Henry D scouting with a Major in a live game and finding the Marshal.
  • Don_Homer and Major Nelson like this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#31 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:47 PM

None of your pesky cheats will surpass Henry D scouting with a Major in a live game and finding the Marshal.

Seriously?

This major was maybe Driving a car? Or a tank^^

#32 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 924 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:02 AM

Lol
The funny part about it is when I wss going to change its position he told me "dont put it somewhere it wont make sense"
  • Wogomite likes this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#33 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:50 PM

Lol, funny

#34 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 881 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:36 PM

Lol
The funny part about it is when I wss going to change its position he told me "dont put it somewhere it wont make sense"

Did you make him put the Major in the graveyard? And did you put the Marshal somewhere it made since for him? Lol

#35 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 924 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:50 PM

It wasnt a tournament game so no problems arose (i changed it to some 2nd row position i think) , but his reactions were hilarious :

"C'mon , I'll give you a scout!" (yeah sure bro)

#36 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:45 PM

I have heard these stories before :). It has happened in real life tournaments. Dont know who and when anymore but someone (on a  Dutch tournament) scouted with a lieutenant :).

#37 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,522 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:38 PM

I have heard these stories before :). It has happened in real life tournaments. Dont know who and when anymore but someone (on a  Dutch tournament) scouted with a lieutenant :).

That would take some kahunas to try. :)

It makes me wonder, though, what would happen if a guy moved a normal piece multiple squares but never struck anything and then moved it back and left it alone.  Later, the opponent would remember that was a scout and strike it.  If many moves had passed, how would a guy in a live tournament prove the piece had moved like a scout in a previous turn?  Do they video these games?

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#38 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:05 PM

That would take some kahunas to try. :)

It makes me wonder, though, what would happen if a guy moved a normal piece multiple squares but never struck anything and then moved it back and left it alone.  Later, the opponent would remember that was a scout and strike it.  If many moves had passed, how would a guy in a live tournament prove the piece had moved like a scout in a previous turn?  Do they video these games?

To be clear about my example. The player did that unconsciously and of course it got solved.

If you move a piece (other than a scout) more than 1 square and let him loose you are breaking the rules, even if you put it back (formally you cant put it back, if you loosen a piece the move is done).. They do not video these games so its your word against his. But the offline tournaments are pretty sportive in this respect and I have never experienced it in the many tournaments I participated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users