#21 Wogomite

Wogomite

Lieutenant

• NASF Committee
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 3 weeks ago

Napoleon2eme at 4 is pretty good as well. 

I think he is the cheapest player I could see beating very good opponents. 

• Don_Homer, Napoleon 1er and Napoleon 2ème like this

#22 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,193 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think Master Mind at 4.4 is the best bargain.

I'm honoured, lol. I think you are very overrated though :D
  • Nortrom and Fks like this

#23 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,070 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm honoured, lol. I think you are very overrated though :D

LOL. :D

How much do you think I'm worth?

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#24 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 3 weeks ago

Napoleon2eme at 4 is pretty good as well. 

I think he is the cheapest player I could see beating very good opponents. 

Oh thank you !

Ye I noticed that I'm in more or less every team ahah, I got really surprised, my cost is low but my skills are too and I start with a high player already, so I guess I must win this first match to make everyone happy ahah, I'm really curious to see how my first match is going to go.

A bit disappointed my father didn't select me trough ahah

I  never lose, I win or I learn…

#25 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 3 weeks ago

would be really cool if halfway through the values changed based off current position. e.g Hielco at 5.0 is running 30th, his value drops to 4.8. STELIOS M (3.7) is having a great run and is in 5th, goes up to 4.0.

It would really add some strategy for perhaps buying more underdogs at the start to ultimately end up with a team of higher value than anyone else.

Not exactly sure how this would be calculated, not sure what the numbers are currently calculated off either for that matter - although I do know TheO likes using turnips  ;).

That's an idea, the problem is that then people wouldn't have the choice and will have to switch some of his players to be Under 42... it would be quite chaos I guess

I  never lose, I win or I learn…

#26 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 3 weeks ago

LOL. :D

How much do you think I'm worth?

From a data science perspective, this is a very hard prediction problem. In a round robin tournament, you can use an ELO model to compute the expected number of points, and select the 10 players that give the most points within the budget of 42. For Swiss tournaments, the relation between ELO and expected points is much more subtle. You would have to simulate tournaments and see who ends up with the most points. E.g., a strong player who loses early can often make it up because of the easier opposition in later rounds. So the variance of your prediction is much larger in Swiss tournaments than in round robin. Your value would depend on the draw as well as your own rating. But I'm sure you are still a bit undervalued since you are on the upward trend of your rating growth.

• Major Nelson likes this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#27 Losermaker

Losermaker

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 663 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 3 weeks ago

That's an idea, the problem is that then people wouldn't have the choice and will have to switch some of his players to be Under 42... it would be quite chaos I guess

no you would be allowed over the budget of 42, but your budget could decrease as well. It would probably only work if they changed prices multiple (maybe 3) times throughout the tourney.

TheO, how do you calculate player prices? is it based off Kleier ranking or TEFB?

#28 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,024 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Is the pairing the switch between the rounds? So before the pairing you will have the new player, after the pairing you are too late for that round and stuck with your current team?

Not sure I understand this question. In Gamewek 1 you score the points that all your players got. If you make a transfer this comes into effect at the start of the next Gameweek. So as long as you publish your transfer before Sunday 23.59GMT (in the second week of GameWeek 1) then it is your new players that score you points in Ganeweek 2.

This means that - if the pairings for the next round are made before Sunday 23.59GMT - you might be able to quickly make a transfer having already seen the pairings. The 'switch' between rounds is Sunday 23.59GMT (not the time that the pairings are announced).

#29 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,024 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

no you would be allowed over the budget of 42, but your budget could decrease as well. It would probably only work if they changed prices multiple (maybe 3) times throughout the tourney

TheO, how do you calculate player prices? is it based off Kleier ranking or TEFB?

Re-valuing players throughout the tournament will not take place this year. However, there are a number of ways that this game could be improved, which includes the use of bonus points, revaluation, captains picks etc (regular fantasy sports players will be familiar with these). For the opening year we decided to keep it simple, but If the game is a success maybe it would return next year with improvements?

Prices were calculated using the formula:

Secret X / Secret Y
  • Don_Homer and Losermaker like this

#30 Losermaker

Losermaker

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 663 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 3 weeks ago

Classic pommy reply there TheO, thanks for the laugh!

#31 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,024 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

A few players have asked whether they can change their original team selection (as opposed to making a transfer) if they have already published it.

The answer is yes, provided that:

A player that you change has not already played their game this week

and

You make a new post (as opposed to editing your original post)

and

You submit the changes before the deadline (Sunday 23.59GMT)

and

Applies to GameWeek 1 only

#32 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 3 weeks ago

Not sure I understand this question. In Gamewek 1 you score the points that all your players got. If you make a transfer this comes into effect at the start of the next Gameweek. So as long as you publish your transfer before Sunday 23.59GMT (in the second week of GameWeek 1) then it is your new players that score you points in Ganeweek 2.
This means that - if the pairings for the next round are made before Sunday 23.59GMT - you might be able to quickly make a transfer having already seen the pairings. The 'switch' between rounds is Sunday 23.59GMT (not the time that the pairings are announced).

With this answer I can confidentially say that you perfectly understand my question! Thanks.
  • TheOptician likes this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#33 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,005 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Will dropouts require a transfer fee too?

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#34 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,024 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Will dropouts require a transfer fee too?

If a member of your team drops out you can replace them without incurring the 3 transfer points.

#35 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,005 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Alright, bad scoring members of my fantasy team will face DQ :)!

• Napoleon 1er, Master Mind, Fks and 1 other like this

#36 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

If a member of your team drops out you can replace them without incurring the 3 transfer points.

What if one knows after sunday that one of the team has dropped out? Can this player be replaced for that week? (that would be nice). 

#37 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,024 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

If someone drops out it will be announced - and then you will be allowed to replace them free of charge.

#38 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

If someone drops out it will be announced - and then you will be allowed to replace them free of charge.

Yes I know that. But when this happens after sunday you wil lose a player for that week with the rules as I read them. I hope the new chosen player can play right away.

#39 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,024 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

In the case where a player is replaced because they dropped out, the replacement player will be able to play straight away.
  • Don_Homer likes this

#40 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,005 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

How is a bye scored?

Reply to this topic