Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:55 PM

congrats Overlord to the title, but not for that game against Losermaker, that's a typical Hielco win

hate this kind of game

#82 OVERLORD

OVERLORD

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:15 PM

congrats Overlord to the title, but not for that game against Losermaker, that's a typical Hielco win
hate this kind of game

Thanks Mathieu :)

I disagree with you, but I respect your opinion.

Actually, Losermaker played very well, got a big advantage and played a tough defence. So, i couldn't do much, instead of putting a lot of pressure to him and use all of the information i had to.

However, i believe that if you read again my agreements you will see it differently.

Anyway, great to see you here :)
Greetings.

#83 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:08 AM

not really, i read your post before watching the video,

first of all you said you 'knew 5 bombs' but actually his flag was open, so you didn't knew 5

secondly you could have lottoed a miner or a scout, but you lottoed exactly what hielco would have : the biggest unmoved piece on the board (those lottoed were typical hielco's one, not like GhostFaceKillah was performing, this guy was lottoing sometimes but it was very smart, cause when he did, it was early games (prob to hit a bomb increase during the game) he add some good info and was able to lotto 2 or 3 big pieces)

anyway you had to lotto cause you were behind, i don't critizice the fact you lotto, i just tell that was so lucky, exactly the way how hielco win let's say 25% of his games (we are 50/50, and in the 50% he is going to lose, half of the time he is uncredibly lucky)

this happened so much times i started to write the % on an Excel shit and i suspected he was scouting set up

that's why i played a few games against him with a total random board (moved the flag if he was front of course), and this % dropped a few but he was still ♥♥♥♥ing lucky.

Losermaker made some mistakes in the end, when he tried to make some pressure on your flag, and moved back some pieces to follow your moves. He should have lotto for an open flag, the game was lost at this point.

You actually are the best player, no doubt, hielco was not that good on real games, and Nortrom and Playa1 were not as good online as in real. 

So congrats again John

• Dobby125 and OVERLORD like this

#84 Losermaker

Losermaker

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,017 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:41 AM

My own take on the game was that Overlord was behind and needed something when he 'lotttoed' the capt. For me that was probably the luckiest lotto of the 3, simply because a quick look through my files shows me that I have alot of setups with a high piece beside a bomb. Overlord's reasoning is correct for alot of players though and he needed a piece, so he did what he though he needed to do. The lieutenant was annoying, but less likely to be a bomb and I guess he thought he needed more. The major was the least likely of all 3 to be a bomb, but more unnecessary and really sealed the deal. The tough part for me was that I actually didn't have a standard flag as Sohal said, and I only needed 1 of those 3 to not pay off, but that is the luck of the game :).

At that point in time the game was over an hour in length and I didn't really register what a bad situation I was suddenly in. I really should have lottoed the major on the left, as I suspected it to be there. Later also I should have lottoed miners for the draw instead of going after major/capt.

Who knows really whether I could have done otherwise had I not made the spy mistakes, or had I lottoed, or had his miner gone the other way from my flag. I guess in the end that (calculated) lotto is part of the skillset of a top player; John knew when he needed to take the risks and did so, I did not.

Overall I thought it was a great game and John applied great pressure using col/marsh with very revealed pieces and in the end he earned the win.

Congrats on WCO champ John!

• Don_Homer, Dobby125 and OVERLORD like this

#85 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:17 PM

I've entered this game into a format viewable with the Gravon software that you can download here: http://www.gravon.de...anguage=english This allows to view the game with full setup info and also which pieces have moved / been revealed at any point in the game. 

Attached Files

Edited by TemplateRex, 06 February 2019 - 10:12 PM.

• Dobby125 and Fairway like this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#86 mogul

mogul

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:17 PM

Unladen Swallow and Hielco quit the tournament early. Can someone provide more info regarding this: why, when and who else quitted for what reasons.

#87 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,809 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:40 AM

Players leaving (or being removed) are announced in the WCO announcements thread.

Some stated a reason (e.g. short on time) some did not. You will have to ask the players in question.

Generally speaking, players leaving is always a pity. 

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

#88 mogul

mogul

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:11 PM

Yes I asked them yesterday. Both answered. So I read the WCO announcements yesterday and something interesting caught my attention: Player 'Spion...' has been removed from the tournament for breach of the Alias Register. My subscription to The Smiling Scout, that I read regularly obviously wasn't enough. I'm just not up to date guys. What was his Alias and how did you find out?

#89 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,809 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:39 PM

He failed to register account "Vinc&" (I believe that is what it was) in the alias reg.

In a ranked match, he came across TheOptician, and he then identified himself.

#90 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:07 PM

Nice to see that the top four are players from four different countries. 

• Nortrom, rgillis783 and Napoleon 2ème like this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#91 OVERLORD

OVERLORD

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:41 PM

Will the online kleier list be refreshed?

Nortrom edit: Updated, yes, after we send in the results. Using the edit function, so the closing statement remains as most recent topic

#92 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:53 PM

Yeah, I am also very curious to see that one.

Another thing: how come that so many players withdraw from this WCO? I cannot remember it from past wco's.

0v6wQko.jpg

Just to put the number of withdrawals in context, above shows the number of registrations for each WCO (Registrations column), and the number of players who did not play a match in either of the last two rounds (Incomplete column).

#93 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,809 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:40 PM

Results have been sent to the ranking commission, including an overview of unplayed games which will not be evaluated.

• roeczak likes this

#94 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,809 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:57 PM

Ranking has been updated.

• OVERLORD likes this

#95 OVERLORD

OVERLORD

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:11 PM

Ranking has been updated.

Your victory yesterday vs me, probably saved your 1st spot :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users