Henry domerkant

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 06 October 2018 - 04:15 PM

If there is not a serious reason i dont find it ok to see people withdraw from the tournament from the first round
Why sign in then
  • Don_Homer, Moghedien, texaspete09 and 1 other like this

#22 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 06 October 2018 - 04:45 PM

TheO, it looks like you have a big administration to keep track of all the fantasy teams and all the milion battlecoins flowing around. Kudos to you! B)

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#23 The Achaean

The Achaean

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 06 October 2018 - 04:59 PM

If there is not a serious reason i dont find it ok to see people withdraw from the tournament from the first round
Why sign in then

I decided to step out from my online activity for reasons that I don't want to announce public and make new troubles.

Also I will not take part to the upcoming online Greek tournaments.

I signed in because I have the right to sign in.

And mostly when I signed in I wanted to be active in online and take part to all tournaments but now I decided that not suits me anymore and I will focus only at live tournaments.

#24 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,211 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 October 2018 - 08:03 PM

Why sign in then

As organiser, I don't like it much either, but ultimately, we can only respect a player's withdrawl. It's much preferred over simply going inactive and ruining the experience of others.

Whether one's reasoning is " legitimate " or not, is, I think, not up to us to decide, but lies with the withdrawling player. Some players may have unexpected IRL issues, sudden lack of motivation or whatsoever - if anything, we should appreciate the fact those players recognize this and take their responsibility.

• Don_Homer, The Achaean and Napoleon 2ème like this
"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#25 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 924 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 October 2018 - 08:36 PM

Hello WCO Team.
Can anyone enlighten me as to what happens e.g. to Kambia's Buch score (after US withdrawal) ?
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#26 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,211 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 October 2018 - 09:04 PM

The first game will count as 6:1 (thus give her 1). Per unplayed round for U.S., it will generate half of the available points per match, so 7 (6+1) /2 = 3.5

#27 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 924 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 October 2018 - 09:44 PM

Thank you.
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#28 UnladenSwallow

UnladenSwallow

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 06 October 2018 - 09:49 PM

i also need to withdraw, sorry, 

#29 The Achaean

The Achaean

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:43 PM

As organiser, I don't like it much either, but ultimately, we can only respect a player's withdrawl. It's much preferred over simply going inactive and ruining the experience of others.

Whether one's reasoning is " legitimate " or not, is, I think, not up to us to decide, but lies with the withdrawling player. Some players may have unexpected IRL issues, sudden lack of motivation or whatsoever - if anything, we should appreciate the fact those players recognize this and take their responsibility.

Thanks for your understanding and I apologize for any inconvenience at WCO

I hope to see you at a Live Tournament. 

• Nortrom and Moghedien like this

#30 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 924 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:38 PM

Patras Battles?
  • The Achaean likes this

#31 The Achaean

The Achaean

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:55 PM

Patras Battles?

Highly possible!!!  B)

#32 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 07 October 2018 - 07:56 PM

The first game will count as 6:1 (thus give her 1). Per unplayed round for U.S., it will generate half of the available points per match, so 7 (6+1) /2 = 3.5

Mathematically speaking this average is not correct. If you have 49% chance to get a win, 49% chance to get a loss and 2% chance to get a draw the average is ((49x7)+6)/100=3.49
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#33 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,211 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 October 2018 - 08:01 PM

No, it is correct, I stated the maximum amount of points to be distributed are 7, not that those 7 would be distributed no matter what.

#34 Capt.gunter

Capt.gunter

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 03 November 2018 - 12:23 PM

hi, i don't know where i have to say it, but there's a fault in the result from round 3; it says there's a draw between The Optician and me but i have won that game, you can ask to The Optician aswell grtz :)

#35 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 03 November 2018 - 10:22 PM

hi, i don't know where i have to say it, but there's a fault in the result from round 3; it says there's a draw between The Optician and me but i have won that game, you can ask to The Optician aswell grtz :)

Oh congrats, you maybe should write it on the private message you have received to arrange with TheOptician

I  never lose, I win or I learn…

#36 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,117 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 November 2018 - 10:24 PM

Fixed now. Not me - honest :-)

• Losermaker likes this

#37 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,630 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 04 November 2018 - 01:12 PM

For those who are waiting for next game maybe you like some mathematics while waiting. Question is what is the maximum theoretical Buch a wco player can obtain after round 10 and what should be the final ranking of such player?

As you know Buch is the some of the results of all the other players with whom such player has played. So logically the theoretical maximum Buch is for the player whose 10 opponents are those who will rank as top ten after round 10, but is it theoretically possible to have been matched with the top 10? Assuming it is possible this is my proposal:

maximum Buch with wco of 74 players is 467 while the rank of the player reaching such Buch schould be 24. See detailed calculation attached. Rationale is all games that ended in a draw should be exchanged for 1 win 1 loss as it provides 3.5 points on average instead of 3 with draws. So substituting all draws of the top ten with 3.5 instead of 3 makes reach the maximum Buch as would have been reached in wco 2017. For the rank of such player the rationale is that such player would lose his last game against who will be ranked 10th after round 10, so if 10th player has a score of 40 it means that the player with maximum Buch is ranked 40-5=35 and he is the first player ranked with 35 because he precisely has the maximum Buch.

https://imgur.com/a/Rh975nm

Does anybody have a rationale prooving that the theoretical maximum Buch would be higher than 467 with 74 players? Any idea how the maximum theoretical Buch evolves with the number of players?

• Don_Homer likes this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#38 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 881 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 3 weeks ago

I know it's only after round 4 but the 18-21 spots are very interesting to not see each of these players in the top 7. I know with time this will change but it's still a bit weird to see at any part of the tournamet. If it was one or two, it would be more believable but to see all four in a row that far down...what an unlikely oddity!
  • TemplateRex likes this

#39 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,630 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 2 weeks ago

any possibility to see the results of 1st week?

#40 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,211 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

pT1MGQc.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic