Jump to content


Photo

WCO Discussion


32 replies to this topic

#21 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

    Lieutenant

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted A week ago

If there is not a serious reason i dont find it ok to see people withdraw from the tournament from the first round
Why sign in then
  • Don_Homer, Moghedien, texaspete09 and 1 other like this

#22 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

    Lieutenant

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted A week ago

TheO, it looks like you have a big administration to keep track of all the fantasy teams and all the milion battlecoins flowing around. Kudos to you! B)


Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !


#23 The Achaean

The Achaean

    Scout

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted A week ago

If there is not a serious reason i dont find it ok to see people withdraw from the tournament from the first round
Why sign in then

 

I decided to step out from my online activity for reasons that I don't want to announce public and make new troubles.

Also I will not take part to the upcoming online Greek tournaments.

 

I signed in because I have the right to sign in.

And mostly when I signed in I wanted to be active in online and take part to all tournaments but now I decided that not suits me anymore and I will focus only at live tournaments.



#24 Nortrom

Nortrom

    General

  • Moderators
  • 2,005 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

If there is not a serious reason i dont find it ok to see people withdraw from the tournament from the first round
Why sign in then

As organiser, I don't like it much either, but ultimately, we can only respect a player's withdrawl. It's much preferred over simply going inactive and ruining the experience of others.

 

Whether one's reasoning is " legitimate " or not, is, I think, not up to us to decide, but lies with the withdrawling player. Some players may have unexpected IRL issues, sudden lack of motivation or whatsoever - if anything, we should appreciate the fact those players recognize this and take their responsibility.


  • Don_Homer and The Achaean like this
"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#25 roeczak

roeczak

    Captain

  • Tournament Manager
  • 898 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

Hello WCO Team.
Can anyone enlighten me as to what happens e.g. to Kambia's Buch score (after US withdrawal) ?
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#26 Nortrom

Nortrom

    General

  • Moderators
  • 2,005 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

The first game will count as 6:1 (thus give her 1). Per unplayed round for U.S., it will generate half of the available points per match, so 7 (6+1) /2 = 3.5


"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#27 roeczak

roeczak

    Captain

  • Tournament Manager
  • 898 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

Thank you.
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#28 UnladenSwallow

UnladenSwallow

    Bomb

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted A week ago

i also need to withdraw, sorry, 



#29 The Achaean

The Achaean

    Scout

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted A week ago

As organiser, I don't like it much either, but ultimately, we can only respect a player's withdrawl. It's much preferred over simply going inactive and ruining the experience of others.

 

Whether one's reasoning is " legitimate " or not, is, I think, not up to us to decide, but lies with the withdrawling player. Some players may have unexpected IRL issues, sudden lack of motivation or whatsoever - if anything, we should appreciate the fact those players recognize this and take their responsibility.

 

 

Thanks for your understanding and I apologize for any inconvenience at WCO

 

I hope to see you at a Live Tournament. 


  • Nortrom and Moghedien like this

#30 roeczak

roeczak

    Captain

  • Tournament Manager
  • 898 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

Patras Battles?
  • The Achaean likes this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#31 The Achaean

The Achaean

    Scout

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted A week ago

Patras Battles?

 

Highly possible!!!  B)



#32 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

    General

  • Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,570 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

The first game will count as 6:1 (thus give her 1). Per unplayed round for U.S., it will generate half of the available points per match, so 7 (6+1) /2 = 3.5


Mathematically speaking this average is not correct. If you have 49% chance to get a win, 49% chance to get a loss and 2% chance to get a draw the average is ((49x7)+6)/100=3.49
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#33 Nortrom

Nortrom

    General

  • Moderators
  • 2,005 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

No, it is correct, I stated the maximum amount of points to be distributed are 7, not that those 7 would be distributed no matter what.


"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users