• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:00 AM

Gf5Gt1a.png

IT CONTINUES....

Edited by UnladenSwallow, 15 November 2018 - 12:01 AM.

• Nortrom and Major Nelson like this

#82 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,197 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 22 December 2018 - 10:18 PM

I would like to report a repeat offender who likes to waste people's time while he is at work. 

Always threatens to sit there until his shift is over and does nothing. 

Irritates you by not accepting draw and then laughing over it, 

Saying he is within rules. 

This is the type of manipulation of rules that needs to be punished. 

Tired of this stuff on here. 

Here is a screen shot of his abuse. 

Yes I was abusive after he refused to draw or move. 

This type of abuse needs to stop 

He thinks he can convince you to resign if you cant put up with his ****

Enough of Ellys already! 

Now he is joking about pizza delivery 

Theking63 (Powderkeg)

The thumbnail would be pretty convincing if combined with other proper draw refusal evidence. At this point, however, with no time-stamped evidence of draw refusal I don't see a case to open on, though. Someone else may wish to open a case on abuse, but I'm not persuaded to do so.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#83 Powderkeg

Powderkeg

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:39 AM

You know what??? 

Your rules STINK!!!! 

Clear abuse. 

Yet because I don't cross every T or dot every I, nothing. 

You guys are a joke. 

I am not reporting anything any longer. 

Just a waste of time. 

You allow too many people to get away with stuff. 

I am so done with this site. 

I am persuaded you guys care more about your blasted rules than disciplining folks. 

Ridiculous. 

You know what, people manipulate these rules all the time. He told me that is what he does. 

So, you know what, forget all of you. 

You're a waste. 

What a joke you Moderators are. 

#84 Powderkeg

Powderkeg

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:44 AM

People abuse people because they know most people wont take the blasted time to follow all of your insane rules to call them out. 

You waste more time trying to get people to deal who are true bullies online. 

So, what kind of moderators are you??? 

Incredible. 

I am sick of you moderators doing nothing. He CLEARLY STATED he wanted to waste time, that He would do it til his shift was over, and He has done it multiple times to me on Saturdays when he plays. 

The first darn time I report him, you blow me off. 

You guys stink. 

I was even up a piece and resigned because I was tired of his cr ap . 

You moderators are a joke. 

Forget it. 

I'm sick of the lot of you.

#85 Powderkeg

Powderkeg

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:08 AM

Ok, but this is what I mean, people like this Ellys, they know your "rules" and they abuse them. 

He mentioned his buffer wasn't low, but he was just moving pieces around in circles and told me I could do nothing about it. 

Offered three draws, then he started instigating, saying stuff, and I responded in kind. 

Then he admits I couldn't do anything about it, because his buffer was okay, and I just had to sit there and take his abuse. 

This is what I mean about how people abuse the rules and take advantage of their knowledge of them to be bullies. 

I am serious. I don't come on here to document and write a research paper on these abusers each time they do so. 

Another thing, I don't want to taint all of you, BUT ...It should be quite obvious to Shelton, and others, from his chat, that his plan was to do what he did, waste time and have me sit and take his abuse. 

Rules are ok, but abusers purposefully play to get around them, and I have found from reading posts (i never reported much before the last two weeks) that people get away with so much stuff. It just takes the energy away from playing this game here. I have played so many of these losers, and I have finally had enough. People say, well, Powderkeg, you have given it to others as well. It is true. But that is because it is usually instigated in most cases by these types of players who abuse the system and skirt the rules to get by. 

Best of luck to all of you, but I've had it. Tired of coming on here to try to relax and wind up getting abused and bullied.

Edited by Powderkeg, 23 December 2018 - 03:10 AM.

#86 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 23 December 2018 - 09:08 AM

Hello Theking63!

last time you said you will stop playing and find another hobby .... looks like you cannot keep your word :)

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#87 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Scout

• German Tournament Manager
  • 139 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 December 2018 - 09:42 AM

Dea MT, even though i don‘t agree to the words used by powderkeg, he raises an important truth. that is: The bad buys get smarter. They know the ways you judge. That you do it as our current legal system, in any case of doubt there is no verdict.

As you might have reallized I also stopped reporting people. I take screenshots, and I have plenty of them which I could hand in. but than the time this costs and the situation that there is not always a penalty given caused me to stop this.

I really would encourage you that you change your verdict policy. If an honest person (know on this site) asks for a verdict even though he might not have a 100% bullet prove case there should be a guilty verdict. And if someone of these cheaters know the rulling policy. They move around for 8 min than take one single step of action and than the same again and again (cause now some know the way you judge). These players should get double punishment. As they are just frustrating the good guys on this site.

Or introduce with a small change of programming (I‘m ready to fund this) that every player can approve or disapprove to play against an opponent. In this case the good ones don‘t have to play anymore against these bad guys on the site....

Hope things improve in the future.

And thank you again for your service to the community.

Please help overcome the frustration on this site reporting people with a more rigid penalty politcy.

John
  • Traxex likes this

#88 Powderkeg

Powderkeg

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:05 PM

Hello Theking63!

last time you said you will stop playing and find another hobby .... looks like you cannot keep your word :)

Napoleon 1er, Why don't you go find somewhere else to go. You are an abuser too. You think you are above the fray, and you show yourself by your snide comments to me here on the forum as well. Did I keep my word when you were paired with me yesterday?? Of course I did. I didn't play you and didn't say a word. Take your cue now, and be quiet. No one was talking to you.

Edited by Powderkeg, 23 December 2018 - 02:05 PM.

#89 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:10 PM

Napoleon 1er, Why don't you go find somewhere else to go. You are an abuser too. You think you are above the fray, and you show yourself by your snide comments to me here on the forum as well. Did I keep my word when you were paired with me yesterday?? Of course I did. I didn't play you and didn't say a word. Take your cue now, and be quiet. No one was talking to you.

Powderkeg I am addressing you now. You came to the right place to make a game complaint. I recall FKS and Nortrom reaching out to you and trying to assist you. I my self admitted poking fun at you about username and I APOLOGIZED ! Napo is just pointing out ur own comments/words. Please show some respect .We understand the game get's us all a bit upset at times but you have lashed out at a number of players here. MT are players also FYI . I saw ya screen shot LM-losermaker has opened a case. Say thanks and wait for verdict.Since you are here in forum take a min. and post up what music your listening to or post about a favorite quote. You state you come here often yet I only find negative stuff. It is just a thought Powderkeg. Happy Holidays either way ! ;)  

#90 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,197 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:04 PM

If an honest person (know on this site) asks for a verdict even though he might not have a 100% bullet prove case there should be a guilty verdict.

John, I sympathize with your point. But there are two sides to this coin. We have to have rules and they have to be able to be counted upon by both the innocent and guilty alike. Although I personally will freely admit to being more legalistic than most of my MT colleagues, that doesn't mean that I am, or we are, always rigid in judgements. Often there is sympathy for the plaintiff because of evidence not being perfect. But there are always limits to that flexibility. I feel those limits are fair, and also that they are fairly utilized in our day to day decisions. We can't possibly say "because a good guy on the site made the claim we'll honor it." All have to have the same proof. Anything less than this and we lose transparency and become a star chamber, or at least a good old boys club for certain privileged members.

We do have rules that are clearly spelled out. But the MT uses excellent discretion in its judgements in my opinion. Not only on guilt but also on how severe punishments should be. If you've experienced rigidity that you do not agree with, I'm sorry.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#91 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:15 PM

MODERATOR NOTE:
Since the discussion over this case extended quite long in the AB topic, all the parts related to that discussion have been moved here.

Pending admin action MR ICEBERG will be banned for a week. He will also receive a 2nd degree warning letter from admins as this is his second recent offense.
This latest event comes from a game against Verti_GO.

Stratego is not popular enough to be banning players for saying idiot. (Why is the buffer time not being shown)

Edited by GaryLShelton, 10 January 2019 - 02:19 AM.

• UnladenSwallow likes this
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#92 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,197 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:51 PM

Stratego is not popular enough to be banning players for saying idiot. (Why is the buffer time not being shown)

You can't keep allowing small offenses to get off with a hand slap either.  That was the complaint with trickz in the past.  He wasn't banned for a long time by the MT because nothing he ever did was, by itself, worthy of that step...for the most part.  He finally just got a lifetime achievement award, as it were.  Although the incident with MR ICEBERG by itself may not warrant any type of ban, it does follow a previous but recent similar incident and so the guy has been a repeat offender similarly.  

• PHAETHOΝ likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

#93 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,290 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:04 AM

'Idiot' can be fair comment in a game.

Not that I have any opinion of the case in question, which I haven't looked at.
  • KissMyCookie and UnladenSwallow like this

#94 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:05 AM

You can't keep allowing small offenses to get off with a hand slap either. That was the complaint with trickz in the past. He wasn't banned for a long time by the MT because nothing he ever did was, by itself, worthy of that step...for the most part. He finally just got a lifetime achievement award, as it were. Although the incident with MR ICEBERG by itself may not warrant any type of ban, it does follow a previous but recent similar incident and so the guy has been a repeat offender similarly.

I am more curios as to why he mentioned “Verti_go” was stalling then Mr Iceberg calling him an idiot for it. I understand the site is family friendly but the MT just set a precedence that calling someone an Idiot will get you a temp ban that can lead in to a perm ban and Stratego can’t afford that. Current Moderators and tournament players have said worse in battle chats so it just doesn’t seem right to give MR iceberg any punishment and ask Vertigo to supply a screen shot with his buffer on it to see if he was actually stalling or not in his game since Mr Iceberg could have been provoked in to calling vertigo an idiot. (Im not saying Vertigo stalled I am saying it could be a possibilty. If he is taking 30 seconds to write gg it might be better to forget the gg and just surrender)
  • UnladenSwallow likes this
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#95 UnladenSwallow

UnladenSwallow

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:07 AM

"idiot" isn't offensive. No one should be getting banned for merely saying idiot. 

Edited by UnladenSwallow, 08 January 2019 - 12:08 AM.

#96 Losermaker

Losermaker

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:19 AM

I gotta agree with US and Fks here. I missed this case over Christmas/New years. I don't know what it is like in other countries but over here 'idiot' is hardly deemed worthy of any punishment and is used very often in a joking manner. If you got offended by someone saying that to you, you would be considered to have soft skin and told to toughen up ;). I could understand if he repeated it multiple times (say 3-5) but for a once off I think it's a bit rough.

• Fairway and UnladenSwallow like this

#97 UnladenSwallow

UnladenSwallow

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:20 AM

You all need to Harden the F Up... lol...

https://www.youtube....h?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

#98 UnladenSwallow

UnladenSwallow

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:24 AM

If everything was upto Gary we'd be getting 2 month bans for saying Heck and Frickers. 

#99 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:25 AM

MT is also passing out warning letters for calling someone a "loser" during gameplay–and this was during a match in which the opponent was already doling out abusive behavior: running the buffer down, using poor language, etc...

Edited by KissMyCookie, 08 January 2019 - 12:26 AM.

#100 Losermaker

Losermaker

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:28 AM

I don't think there is any harm in a warning letter, it is mostly doing the player a service to prevent any further punishment. You can't give it all to Gary though, it takes a majority to reach an MT decision ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users