Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:16 AM

Thank you Gary and rest of the mods for considering a solution to this issue.

#42 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 October 2018 - 04:35 AM

I beg of you...and I address this to the MT, for the players that are not confused by renamed ×/××/×× accounts, they clearly don't care much about their Elo or have a capability mentally to distinguish a difference from one player to another. As for the players that do get confused by renamed ×/××/×× accounts, we do care about Elo and can distinguish a difference between obvious different players. Please do not make the lot of us suffer by making us continue enduring these current renamned×/××/×× accounts.

You are making this out to be a lot more "suffering" then it's ought to be Wogomite.
Your the only self made billionaire on the site what are you complaining about?
There aren't any high rated renamed accounts and since you are on the cusp of ELO 1k I just don't see how this really should bother you personally. You can't be playing more then 1 or 2 of these guys every day let alone 1 week. I have only been matched to 1 renamed account in the past 6 months a few days ago and I was on my alternate. Although I do plan most of my ranks on Fks so this might not apply to me so well.

Having accounts be renamed to the "renamed///" is a classic solution that makes sense and is used by majority of games. Keep in mind in those games you are allowed to change your username at anytime you wish so this is not a harsh effect.
Suggesting to delete the accounts of players solely based off an unappropriate username is absurd when we are talking about a dead game with only so many players.
  • Nortrom likes this
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#43 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 863 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

I already suggested that the MT approach this using the classic methodology:

Let the punishment fit the crime.

If the name is any kind of variant of a historical mass murderer, rename them as cartoon characters:

Daffy Duck, or Sponge Bob, or F.Flinstone

A little bit of creativity can go a long way to keeping things less confusing, a bit more colorful, and it might even reach the eyes of the offending party and help to edify them, as doubtful as that may be, anything is possible.

This is indeed creative but I dont like the idea because of something you might not thought about. People will think that I like mass murderers and have been punished by MT :unsure:

Edited by Don_Homer, 15 October 2018 - 11:58 AM.

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#44 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,114 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:29 PM

This is indeed creative but I dont like the idea because of something you might not thought about. People will think that I like mass murderers and have been punished by MT :unsure:

What do you care what other people think about you??? No, really...it should not matter because you should already know who and what you are; and for those of us who do know you...we know you to be one of the nice people around! :)

We may be sure that the MT will not waste much time on this matter as this has very little value compared with other things they may handle relatively soon: rules improvements, and implementing more useful policies.

#45 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,548 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:10 PM

In here, suggestions, discussions, feedback etc can be placed, as a means to keep the respective report threads for reports and also to further improve the community / MT relation.

You can take the off-topic bickering elsewhere (e.g. PM). They'll be hidden in a bit - gives you guys the time to copy/paste the contents into PM if desired.

Edit: 12 above posts were hidden, as they had little to no relation to the topic at hand.

• Fks likes this
"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

#46 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 864 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:07 AM

How about establishing a procedure for removing moderators?
I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#47 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,091 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:15 AM

How about establishing a procedure for removing moderators?

A procedure has been discussed in the recent two weeks.  We are nearing an announcement on this.  We will have something not too long from now.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#48 HELLENIC MAJOR

HELLENIC MAJOR

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:19 PM

HELLENIC MAJOR will receive the 1st degree abusive behaviour letter.

May i ask why ?

#49 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,548 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:24 PM

Three mild insults - quantity also weighs in MT's judgement. 

• Major Nelson likes this

#50 HELLENIC MAJOR

HELLENIC MAJOR

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:39 PM

May i ask which phrase is insulting,  please ?

#51 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,183 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:36 AM

Personally I thought your "you have no skills" and "you have no brain" comments were within the acceptable trash talk until you added the phrase "you are the most pathetic platinum I've ever played". As soon as you start using such offensive words you've got it coming for you.

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#52 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:04 AM

How is this not on the same level or worse?
https://imgur.com/a/PSurVJp

#53 HELLENIC MAJOR

HELLENIC MAJOR

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:10 AM

CRYING FOR HELP

I am bengging all the ladies and all the gentlemen who use or someone else use to them the word "pathetic" and no punish take place to give here the proofs

once again CRYING FOR HELP

#54 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,183 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:11 AM

CRYING FOR HELP

I am bengging all the ladies and all the gentlemen who use or someone else use to them the word "pathetic" and no punish take place to give here the proofs

once again CRYING FOR HELP

The expressions you used were not very offensive, which is why you only got a 1st degree warning. The funny thing is that you used them on purpose even though you are aware of the abusive behaviour policy because you wanted to make a point to the MT. Keep up with the ironic tone and you may as well get a warning point. :)

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#55 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,282 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:20 AM

It is a similar level. I guess you are complaining about consistency. But the only way to be consistent with cases like these would be to make it punishable to make any criticism at all of the opponent's playstyle. Then everyone who said their opponent was pathetic, brainless, lottoing etc would be getting warnings and bans. So battle chat would only be for saying good luck, good game, well done.

As it is I think it is fair to allow 'trash talk' type comments (though I don't do this myself ). I don't think any of the individual comments are that bad with these cases but it starts to become trolling if there are several of them. I expect both these cases were borderline.

As it seems to be agreed that making some negative comments about what your opponent is doing should be allowed I can't see why anyone expects every single case like this to have exactly the same outcome. Different members of MT may have different opinions about the severity of particular words, and people come and go on MT so it's not always the same jury. It seems reasonable to me that the 2 cases had different outcomes. Other people here may have found Hellenic Major not guilty and This Is Pain guilty, it doesn't mean either verdict is right or wrong as it is subjective.

#56 Losermaker

Losermaker

Captain

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:37 AM

just a reminder also that 1st degree is just that; a reminder.

No ban or punishment has been given to Hellenic Major, just a reminder that if he continues to talk to players like this or gets more vulgar, the MT will not accept it.

#57 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,548 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:06 AM

Since you're looking for precedents:

In both cases, the quantity was also a determinant in the decision made.

In general, I recommend you play and enjoy the game rather than trying to figure out where MT draws the line. 

#58 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,548 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:08 AM

This statement from earlier basically answered your, at that point not raised, question.

• Wogomite likes this

#59 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,548 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:15 AM

"you have NO SKILLS" --> insult to the opponent's play level or/and style. 
"and NO BRAIN" --> insult to the intelligence (or your perceived lack of) of your opponent. 
"the most  pathetic platinum i ever see" --> Out of all platinum players there are, you call him the most pathetic one. It's like choosing "the biggest idiot" out of a group of 1000.

While the three statements made, apart from each other, may or may not have resulted in a conviction, the sum of the statements made, lead to a first degree conviction, which is basically a reminder and an official warning without immediate action taken towards your account.

I personally gave a guilty verdict due to the quantity of negative messages transmitted. Other members of the MT may have had other reasoning.

Again, I recommend you play and enjoy the game. Don't trash talk and you'll not find yourself in the position where you may be in the hot seat. 

I trust that this deals with your concern(s).

#60 HELLENIC MAJOR

HELLENIC MAJOR

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:16 PM

Since you're looking for precedents:

In both cases, the quantity was also a determinant in the decision made.

In general, I recommend you play and enjoy the game rather than trying to figure out where MT draws the line. 

This is your opinion about justice?

Do you know that the judges must follow ALWAYS the same line and announce the reason of their verdict ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users