Photo

Is it at all possible to know an opponent's setup?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 monkeywinner

monkeywinner

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:51 PM

I'm not the best player and I tend to play aggressively but I try to not move more pieces than I need.

I just played a game (and lost which is why I'm a little salty) where my opponent swept through my backfield of which I hadn't moved a single piece and which was littered with bombs. Like less than a second had passed and he moved his pieces.  And miraculously managed to avoid every single one.  While proceeding to taunt me.  Is there any way to know my set up? 

#2 murph878

murph878

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:23 PM

If he played you under another username and you had the same setup. Or was just lottoing and got really lucky
  • GaryLShelton likes this

#3 Yellowhat

Yellowhat

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 670 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:41 AM

The first option is called cheating. 

Yellowhat is the literal translation of my surname.

#4 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Miner

• German Tournament Manager
  • 151 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:37 AM

If I‘m right there are more than 10 to 23 different setups possible. Everyone of us has his few standard setups. Good players will never play with their standard setup again and again. So you choose a standard one and vary a few pieces. In case for whatever the person had one of your settings this is even in advantage of you if you change just a few bombs and big pieces, than he will loose dramaticaly.

So as a ground rule to improve your rating. Never again play with the same setup.

Hope that advise helps you,

And to my understanding yes, there are a good number of people who record games, so if they take the time they can get your setup of that game out of it.

Much success....

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users